Biden Announcing Executive Orders On Firearms Now

The Goddess would be sooo proud of you
"goddesses"

One of the most common questions people ask about religious words is whether to capitalize the word “god.” The name or title of any specific deity is capitalized just like any other name, so when “God” is used to refer to “the one God” (in other words, in any monotheistic religion), it is capitalized.Apr

Goddess.
I thought you were fairly intelligent even if brainwashed.

Even pastedthe grammar rules for capitalizing a diety. you insist on showing your ignorance and stubbornness. Imaginary gods are not capitalized.
Excuse me, "imaginary"?
There are no "goddesses"

On second thought, I do know one
See?

You just try and get them Beijing Biden and Cameltoe.... just try.

1617932498088.png

"goddesses"

One of the most common questions people ask about religious words is whether to capitalize the word “god.” The name or title of any specific deity is capitalized just like any other name, so when “God” is used to refer to “the one God” (in other words, in any monotheistic religion), it is capitalized.Apr

Goddess.

Even pastedthe grammar rules for capitalizing a diety. you insist on showing your ignorance and stubbornness. Imaginary gods are not capitalized.
Excuse me, "imaginary"?
There are no "goddesses"

See?
But her name isnt "goddess" so it isnt capitalized. Trying to get that Coyote to understand basic rules of grammar.

Usually the anti-God left insists on refering to the One True God as, "god". They do that to express contempt.

But Coyote insists on capitalizing her imaginary "goddesses"

"goddesses"

Goddess.

Excuse me, "imaginary"?
There are no "goddesses"

See?
But her name isnt "goddess" so it isnt capitalized. Trying to get that Coyote to understand basic rules of grammar.

Usually the anti-God left insists on referingvtovthe One True God as, "god". They do that to express contempt.

She's just a whiner.

I wish she'd just shut up and go find a man to make sandwiches for.

Oh how brilliant. Another NRA brainwashed Moran with a retarded meme that implies the only possible gun control is a total confiscation of guns and that somehow that is what anyone who imposed the least possible restriction wants.

Oh, the irony. I'm sorry to break it to you, but "Gun control" does not work, criminals will still have guns, so you're only making it harder for LAW-ABIDING people to defend themselves. In the US, it has the reverse effect, it shifts the balance of power to criminals and the government, rather than the people. That's why cities with the most gun control are usually cities with the highest crime, and vice versa. Is that what you want?

Funny...a lot of countries with good common sense regulations on guns seem to have far fewer problems with gun violence, mass shootings, and in intentional homicide. Hmmm....maybe they're on to something.

You completely ignored my point that IN THE US gun control doesn't work and usually has the reverse effect. Criminals already have guns, and they'll still get guns even if we add more laws to the already existing thousands of laws on the books.

Do you believe that criminals obey the law? Yes or no?

I didn't ignore your point, I don't agree with it. You define gun control as an attempt to remove all guns from the people. That is not going to happen, nor is it what most people are wanting.

By definition criminals do not obey the law.

Are you suggesting we should have NO laws?

No, that is not how I define gun control, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm basing it on what YOU posted, a meme portraying ruthless dictators who supposedly enacted strict gun control.

Read what I wrote, I clearly talked about more gun laws on the books, not gun confiscation. Gun control can lead to gun bans or confiscation, but obviously they are not the same thing and I never claimed they were. So you are either being purposely dishonest, or you have poor reading comprehension.

That's not actually what you wrote. Ok, so let's go with this.

The common argument we hear about ANY attempts at gun control is "slippery slope" - they're gonna grab my guns! Gun confiscation is the ultimate ending of any gun control laws in the views of these people. It is exactly this which prevents us from ever having a real discussion on guns.

Common sense (which is lacking in these debates) should make it pretty obvious that won't happen because of our Constitution. And it's a Constitution which is extremely hard to amend and change in any way. The vast majority of attempts to do so fail.

You're saying gun control doesn't work and that is because cities with the strictest gun control laws have the most violent crime. But is that true?

In 2019 for example, the cities with the highest levels of violent crime:
1. Detroit
2. Memphis
3. St. Louis, MO
4. Baltimore
5. Springfield MO
6. Tie - Little Rock, Arkansas and Cleveland, Ohio

Cities with strictest gun control is a bit harder to get because in some states cities can not enact measures more strict than the state's.

The states with the most lenient gun control laws include Missouri (home to two of the most violent cities), Arkansas, and Louisiana. Those states include 4 of the 6 most violent cities.

In addition:

California is the state with the strictest gun laws, and it also has the seventh-lowest rate of deaths by gun violence. In addition to regulation on who can purchase a gun and what kinds of firearms may be legally obtained, California gun laws allow for funding to community programs that have reduced gun-related violence. Other states with strict gun laws include Illinois, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts. Some of these states require background checks and a waiting period before someone is allowed to purchase a gun; some require that they undergo training first.
For example, in Massachusetts, those who wish to purchase a firearm must obtain a permit to purchase from their local police department. This process alone can take weeks and requires paperwork, an interview, and a background check. After all of that, the police chief still has the discretion to deny the license. After obtaining a license, the purchaser must present the license at the gun store and pass additional background checks.​

In the list of states with strict gun control, only Maryland stands out as having one of the cities on the list of top 6 most violent.

I don't think you can really say that strict gun control laws in the US leads to more more violence going by the statistics. However, it's hard to really say how much gun control affects violent crime in and of itself because there are many other factors at play.

Usually the anti-God left insists on refering to the One True God as, "god". They do that to express contempt.

The Goddess. Your expression of religious contempt is duly noted.

You can have your God.

about to add gun laws 20,201, 20,202,and 20,203

Biden, Harris, AG Garland deliver remarks on gun violence prevention (yahoo.com)

This may end all gun violence forever.
President Biden is correct, of course, none of the proposed EOs ‘infringe’ on the Second Amendment.

Indeed, the measures are more administrative than regulatory - 80% build kits and pistol arm braces are nothing more than peripheral gun parts; red flag laws have nothing to do with the regulation of firearms.

But again, ‘the sky is falling’ conservatives will continue with their lies and demagoguery.

about to add gun laws 20,201, 20,202,and 20,203

Biden, Harris, AG Garland deliver remarks on gun violence prevention (yahoo.com)

This may end all gun violence forever.
That puts guns in the hands of commie KGB-like security only and abolishes the right of the people to carry a gun under the Constitutional Amendment II.

SO DEMOCRATS CAN KILL PEOPLE AND REPUBLICANS CANNOT PROTECT THEMSELVES. GOT IT.

Oh please. The is exactly the kind of crap I'm talking about that.

Suggestion: How about having background checks when purchasing a gun?
Response: That puts guns in the hands of commie KGB-like security only and abolishes the right of the people to carry a gun under the Constitutional Amendment II!!!!

That's why we can't have a reasonable discussion on guns in this country.

Oh how brilliant. Another NRA brainwashed Moran with a retarded meme that implies the only possible gun control is a total confiscation of guns and that somehow that is what anyone who imposed the least possible restriction wants.

Oh, the irony. I'm sorry to break it to you, but "Gun control" does not work, criminals will still have guns, so you're only making it harder for LAW-ABIDING people to defend themselves. In the US, it has the reverse effect, it shifts the balance of power to criminals and the government, rather than the people. That's why cities with the most gun control are usually cities with the highest crime, and vice versa. Is that what you want?

Funny...a lot of countries with good common sense regulations on guns seem to have far fewer problems with gun violence, mass shootings, and in intentional homicide. Hmmm....maybe they're on to something.

You completely ignored my point that IN THE US gun control doesn't work and usually has the reverse effect. Criminals already have guns, and they'll still get guns even if we add more laws to the already existing thousands of laws on the books.

Do you believe that criminals obey the law? Yes or no?

I didn't ignore your point, I don't agree with it. You define gun control as an attempt to remove all guns from the people. That is not going to happen, nor is it what most people are wanting.

By definition criminals do not obey the law.

Are you suggesting we should have NO laws?

No, that is not how I define gun control, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm basing it on what YOU posted, a meme portraying ruthless dictators who supposedly enacted strict gun control.

Read what I wrote, I clearly talked about more gun laws on the books, not gun confiscation. Gun control can lead to gun bans or confiscation, but obviously they are not the same thing and I never claimed they were. So you are either being purposely dishonest, or you have poor reading comprehension.

That's not actually what you wrote. Ok, so let's go with this.

The common argument we hear about ANY attempts at gun control is "slippery slope" - they're gonna grab my guns! Gun confiscation is the ultimate ending of any gun control laws in the views of these people. It is exactly this which prevents us from ever having a real discussion on guns.

Common sense (which is lacking in these debates) should make it pretty obvious that won't happen because of our Constitution. And it's a Constitution which is extremely hard to amend and change in any way. The vast majority of attempts to do so fail.

You're saying gun control doesn't work and that is because cities with the strictest gun control laws have the most violent crime. But is that true?

In 2019 for example, the cities with the highest levels of violent crime:
1. Detroit
2. Memphis
3. St. Louis, MO
4. Baltimore
5. Springfield MO
6. Tie - Little Rock, Arkansas and Cleveland, Ohio

Cities with strictest gun control is a bit harder to get because in some states cities can not enact measures more strict than the state's.

The states with the most lenient gun control laws include Missouri (home to two of the most violent cities), Arkansas, and Louisiana. Those states include 4 of the 6 most violent cities.

In addition:

California is the state with the strictest gun laws, and it also has the seventh-lowest rate of deaths by gun violence. In addition to regulation on who can purchase a gun and what kinds of firearms may be legally obtained, California gun laws allow for funding to community programs that have reduced gun-related violence. Other states with strict gun laws include Illinois, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts. Some of these states require background checks and a waiting period before someone is allowed to purchase a gun; some require that they undergo training first.
For example, in Massachusetts, those who wish to purchase a firearm must obtain a permit to purchase from their local police department. This process alone can take weeks and requires paperwork, an interview, and a background check. After all of that, the police chief still has the discretion to deny the license. After obtaining a license, the purchaser must present the license at the gun store and pass additional background checks.​

In the list of states with strict gun control, only Maryland stands out as having one of the cities on the list of top 6 most violent.

I don't think you can really say that strict gun control laws in the US leads to more more violence going by the statistics. However, it's hard to really say how much gun control affects violent crime in and of itself because there are many other factors at play.
Slippery slope fallacies, confirmation bias fallacies, red herring fallacies, false comparison fallacies – all manner of bad-faith sophistry has been employed by conservatives to avoid constructive debate concerning firearms, in conjunction with lies and demagoguery.

And this dishonesty from the right is intended to conceal the fact that no one seeks to ‘ban’ guns, or make guns ‘illegal,’ or otherwise ‘confiscate’ guns.

The ‘gun grabber’ is a myth, an inane contrivance of the right used to keep the wedge issue of ‘guns’ alive and divide the American people for some perceived partisan gain.

Oh brother. It never fails. Eventually someone has to pull the fallacious Hitler card. Reason No. (lost count here) for why we can have a rational discussion on guns.

Hitler is not alone in this.

some other "cards" here too. ;)

View attachment 477874

That one's been posted as well.

Care to take a guess on how accurate that one is?
...You are probably noticing a common theme here. Pol Pot is the next figure cited, not because he introduced gun control but because he committed genocide. After much research I haven’t been able to find any evidence that the Khmer Rouge introduced any form of gun control or that it aided their rise to power.

Oh brother. It never fails. Eventually someone has to pull the fallacious Hitler card. Reason No. (lost count here) for why we can have a rational discussion on guns.

View attachment 477874

...You are probably noticing a common theme here. Pol Pot is the next figure cited, not because he introduced gun control but because he committed genocide. After much research I haven’t been able to find any evidence that the Khmer Rouge introduced any form of gun control or that it aided their rise to power.

They are all thugs. The first thing these tyrants do is to get the population rid of guns.

You will never convince us differently. :dunno:

View attachment 477874

They are all thugs. The first thing these tyrants do is to get the population rid of guns.

Except, of course, they didn't get the population rid of guns. Of course we won't convince you differently. After all, if an anonymous meme says so it's gotta be true! Sheesh Skye.

View attachment 477874

Except, of course, they didn't get the population rid of guns. Of course we won't convince you differently. After all, if an anonymous meme says so it's gotta be true! Sheesh Skye.

You have yours and I have mine.

Opinions.

That will never change. ;)

View attachment 477874

You have yours and I have mine.

Opinions.

That will never change. ;)

There is that :)

Forum List

Back