Biden Deliberately Going to Trash the Debt Ceiling

My take on this is that Biden is so far behind in the polls his only hope is to crash the system and blame it on the GOP. The dems will do anything to retain their power
And it will be the GOP's fault. Political hostage taking. Raising the debt ceiling wasn't an issue for Republicans when Trump was President.

My take on this is that Biden is so far behind in the polls his only hope is to crash the system and blame it on the GOP. The dems will do anything to retain their power
Perhaps, the budget process is the correct place to start. Not the paying of debts authorized in budgets is just political brinksmanship, akin to Russian Roulette. Welshing on your debts is a non-starter, no matter what your political persuasion, in private life, business life or public policy.

GOP has passed a spending Bill in the House, with
spending cuts, What is Joe's plan? Stonewalling :eusa_whistle:
By the way, Trump isn't president.
Take it to the budget negotiation process. That's where it belongs. Where you negotiate things like tax hikes/cuts and spending cuts/increases. Not in raising the debt ceiling. That money has already been spent.
I don't give a shit if Trump's President of your local fan club. You didn't say boo when Republicans automatically raised the debt ceiling. Now that a Democrat is in office you've got an issue with it. :) Please.

Gop sent Biden a plan will raising the debt ceiling. He refused it, he owns this.

Did you say this same thing when Trump shut down the Govt after being sent a spending bill by the House that he refused to sign?

Take it to the budget negotiation process. That's where it belongs. Where you negotiate things like tax hikes/cuts and spending cuts/increases. Not in raising the debt ceiling. That money has already been spent.
I don't give a shit if Trump's President of your local fan club. You didn't say boo when Republicans automatically raised the debt ceiling. Now that a Democrat is in office you've got an issue with it. :) Please.
Your dementia ridden president does not want to negotiate seriously. He's stonewalling.
And I am in the same tent as Desperado as to why.

Your dementia ridden president does not want to negotiate seriously. He's stonewalling.
And I am in the same tent as Desperado as to why.
Did you say boo when Republicans automatically raised the debt ceiling under Trump? There was no negotiation. Negotiations are for budget talks.
It's a simple question.

Nope.

gOP owns this.
I didn't think that was true when dems were "demanding a clean bill," which is hyperbole and they didn't really.

But Biden's agreed to spend less in 24 than 23. And McCarthy can't get his own party to take that as "yes."

Biden has exhibited an irresponsible side ever since he thought it was acceptable to shower with his young daughter. You can't trust that man or his dysfunctional party. I could see him forcing a shutdown.

Forum List

Back