Biden had 8 million dollars worth of reasons to disclose to a civilian classified documents.

Read this.

The Consequences of Jack Smith's Rush to Trial​

Jack Goldsmith
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, 8:52 AM
Share On:Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Special Counsel Jack Smith’s rush to try Donald Trump violates Justice Department rules and presents tricky issues for the Supreme Court on the immunity issue.

The issue of presidential immunity has nothing to do with these cases.

Did what properly?

Smith got indictments from a grand jury. His evidence for obstruction is in those indictments.

Biden didn't obstruct justice.
Read this:

Justice Department Rules

If this were any other defendant than Donald Trump, the rush to trial—which cannot possibly give the Trump legal team adequate time to prepare its defense—would be deemed wildly unfair. Prosecutors and judges typically give defendants significantly more temporal leeway in trials of lesser magnitude with less severe charges.

Smith’s rush to trial appears to violate Section 9-85.500 of the Justice Department’s Justice Manual, which contains rules and policies that purportedly bind prosecutors, and which the special counsel regulations oblige Smith to follow. Section 9-85.500 reads (with emphasis added):

Read this:

Justice Department Rules

If this were any other defendant than Donald Trump, the rush to trial—which cannot possibly give the Trump legal team adequate time to prepare its defense—would be deemed wildly unfair. Prosecutors and judges typically give defendants significantly more temporal leeway in trials of lesser magnitude with less severe charges.

Smith’s rush to trial appears to violate Section 9-85.500 of the Justice Department’s Justice Manual, which contains rules and policies that purportedly bind prosecutors, and which the special counsel regulations oblige Smith to follow. Section 9-85.500 reads (with emphasis added):
Can you link the above please.

I suggest nothing. I am simply conveying what the report says.

Hur determined they didn't have the evidence to prove intent.

It's in the first paragraph in page one.

If you need more details do a search for the word intent in the document.
Page one Hur states Biden “willfully” retained the documents. That means it was intentional.

Hur is Comey Light. Lays out tons of felonies, then says nobody would convict.

Wrong.
That is not factual. Biden was not charged because he cooperated fully with the recovery of the materials as opposed to Trump who did just the opposite.
If you're going to just make shit up at least make it believable and hard to fact check by reading a transcript from a congressional hearing that freaking took place YESTERDAY.

“Most notably, after being given multiple chances to return classified documents and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite,” the report said. “According to the indictment, he not only refused to return the documents for months, but he also obstructed justice by enlisting others to destroy evidence and then to lie about it.”

The report compared Trump’s alleged behavior with Biden’s, laying out the ways the president cooperated with the special counsel throughout the course of the investigation.

“In contrast, Mr. Biden alerted authorities, turned in classified documents to the National Archives and the Department of Justice in 2022 and 2023, consented to the search of multiple locations including his homes, permitted the seizure and review of handwritten notebooks he believed to be his personal property, and in numerous other ways cooperated with the investigation.

So if I steal a car and drive it for years, then get caught with it I can just give it back and all is good?

According to the indictments he did intend to obstruct justice multiple times and he intended to make false statements to investigators ...among other things.

I don't believe any of the document charges against Trump are for having the documents...except the espionage act one which is a whole different animal from classified docs.

Biden lied to investigators too.

Next?

So if I steal a car and drive it for years, then get caught with it I can just give it back and all is good?
Well lets be more clear in your comparison....you'd have to steal it, drive it for years, hide it, use it for profit, then only hand it over after someone ratted you out

Trump will not go to jail. Biden did far worse. His crime was he held onto classified documents and did not turn them in for a hell of a lot of years.
Yep, for years after he knew he had them. He didn’t turn them over as soon as he discovered he had them.

Page one Hur states Biden “willfully” retained the documents. That means it was intentional.

Hur is Comey Light. Lays out tons of felonies, then says nobody would convict.
This is also on page 1.

Did you skip it?

However, for the reasons summarized below, we conclude that the evidence does not establish Mr. Biden's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Prosecution of Mr. Biden is also unwarranted based on our consideration of the aggravating and mitigating factors set forth in the Department of Justice's Principles of Federal Prosecution. For these reasons, we decline prosecution of Mr. Biden.

Did what properly?

Smith got indictments from a grand jury. His evidence for obstruction is in those indictments.

Biden didn't obstruct justice.
Biden lied to investigators………but for some reason that isn’t obstruction.

Hmmmmm……..

This is also on page 1.

Did you skip it?

However, for the reasons summarized below, we conclude that the evidence does not establish Mr. Biden's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Prosecution of Mr. Biden is also unwarranted based on our consideration of the aggravating and mitigating factors set forth in the Department of Justice's Principles of Federal Prosecution. For these reasons, we decline prosecution of Mr. Biden.
Like I said, Hur laid out numerous felonies, then said nobody could convict. Comey Light.

Bided intentionally retained stolen classified documents.

Forum List

Back