BIden passes EO to allow abortions

He is abridging the separations of powers. He is not a SUPER LEGISLATURE.

EO's are of course completely legal and don't abridge anything. All president have signed them. I don't support their use and believe we need to do away with them but you know what you said is bull.

EO's are of course completely legal and don't abridge anything. All president have signed them. I don't support their use and believe we need to do away with them but you know what you said is bull.
They are not legal when he is trying to subvert a SCOTUS Ruling, he doesn't like or laws he doesn't want to enforce. There are some major slap downs coming for this idiot.

I can't even give a "nice try" on that dodge. Obviously EOs themselves are not illegal. But Presidents can certainly use an EO to try and usurp the power that belongs soley in Congress or the courts.
If they're not illegal how is that usurping power?

They are not legal when he is trying to subvert a SCOTUS Ruling, he doesn't like or laws he doesn't want to enforce. There are some major slap downs coming for this idiot.

The supreme court ruled it wasn't an issue for the courts to decide and as has been noted what Biden did doesn't really even address the issue

Okay BILLY BOOB

Do your worst!

And repeatedly you have been wrong and just spewing bullshit.

Is an executive order illegal?
so if trump is elected and makes EO's that are total bullshit, you'll defend his right to do so?

i didn't think so.

doosh.

they need to go back to what they were intended for. they were never meant to overrule other branches of the government nor set law or on their own.

the abuse of them has been going back on both sides for several admins.

so if trump is elected and makes EO's that are total bullshit, you'll defend his right to do so?

i didn't think so.

doosh.
He was in 2016, and yes issued a lot of EO's that you never posted about usurping any power.

they need to go back to what they were intended for. they were never meant to overrule other branches of the government nor set law or on their own.

the abuse of them has been going back on both sides for several admins.

Which is why I said we need to get rid of them.

You're so full of shit yiur eyes are brown.

You have no clue what Trump would do, which is why you are projecting.

Provide pardons for abortion doctors? Trump is responsible for the USSC's recent decision, dumbass.
I'm saying if the rolls were reversed, this is a move Trump would do. EO's. And the power of the pardon. Go ahead abortion doctors, break the law. I'll pardon you. And if voters don't like him doing that, they can show up and vote for anti abortion. Let voters, aka WOMEN decide. Not the Supreme Court.

This shouldn't even be a political issue. They need to close abortion clinics and doctors just proscribe abortion pills you take at home for 3 days and whalla, no more baby. And a late term abortion is not done because a woman changes her mind. Wake up boys. Mind ya own business.

This isn't a states right issue it's a woman's right issue.

Both accurate and inaccurate depending on what is being attempted via the EO.

If an EO is used to basically establish a new law where Congress hasn’t spoken on the matter, it is presumptively invalid since the Executive Branch cannot “legislate.”

However, if Congress has legislated on the matter under consideration, it might be permissible — by way of an EO — for the President to establish HOW that law will be enforced. This is generally proper when Congress has duly authorized the rule-making authority. The law was created by the Legislative Branch. But the administrative details of how the law is enforced and administered can be validly delegated by Congress to the Executive Branch.

If your having birch problems call a lumberjack. Just kidding.

Anyway, this expansion of 'access' tramples all over states' rights. It is for the state to determine which if any medication is allowed, much like medicinal Marijuana. Likewise directing federal funds only to those seeking abortion violates the notion of equal protection, as it would only apply to some states and a very narrow slice of the population.
Jeez. Can you imagine if states had strict control over what medications came into their state? A word to profit minded legislators and instant control over the market place of drugs used throughout the free world. Remember all the Covid drug things. Just think if right wing states banned the drugs that save Trump's life, leaving everybody else with hydroxychloroquine, just because it was cheap and all the rage by the masses that bought into it. Trust me. You would rather your medicines were decided to be for sale based on safety hope for effectiveness. Not to be political footballs.

Forum List

Back