🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden to release 10M more barrels from Strategic Petroleum Reserve in November in wake of OPEC Cuts

He's including all oil....

The point is that he is depleting the strategic reserve in order to keep prices artificially low just until the election.

Then prices are going to skyrocket.

The current release was scheduled to end 10/31. Now it's 11/10. Election is 11/08. It's not a coincidence.

So what should he do?

Let's see...

MAGA logic says that we should have a Strategic Oil Reserve, but when we need it, we shouldn't use it...
I don’t think the Trumpers here think we need it. We know it’s a useless gesture that damages our national security.

It's called the 'Strategic Oil Reserve', not the 'Emergency Oil Reserve'.

You don't get to decide when it gets used. President Biden does.
Here ya go. Get educated, Simp.

About the SPR​

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR), the world's largest supply of emergency crude oil was established primarily to reduce the impact of disruptions in supplies of petroleum products and to carry out obligations of the United States under the international energy program. The federally-owned oil stocks are stored in huge underground salt caverns at four sites along the coastline of the Gulf of Mexico. The sheer size of the SPR (authorized storage capacity of 714 million barrels) makes it a significant deterrent to oil import cutoffs and a key tool in foreign policy.

SPR oil is sold competitively when the President finds, pursuant to the conditions set forth in the Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA), that a sale is required. Such conditions have only existed three times, most recently in June 2011 when the President directed a sale of 30 million barrels of crude oil to offset disruptions in supply due to unrest in Libya. During this severe energy supply interruption, the United States acted in coordination with its partners in the International Energy Agency (IEA). IEA countries released altogether a total of 60 million barrels of petroleum.

Strange how his plan ends right after the election.

Then, people will get to enjoy $6 gas again.

We are down to 25 days of supply in the SPR!

The oil in the SPR he's releasing was bought at less than $40 per barrel. Oil is above $80 now.

He's spending $40 million per day of taxpayer money, and putting our national security at risk, in an attempt to steal the election, and it should be a crime.

At $40 a barrel nobody invests in oil production.

At $40 a barrel nobody invests in oil production.
I did not say they did. I said that the oil which Biden is releasing was put in at less than $40 per barrel.

Actual average price paid was $29.70 per barrel...

Notably, when the price of oil tanked during the pandemic, Trump proposed filling the SPR with dirt cheap oil. The Dems celebrated canceling his brilliant plan...

Trump was right again, and a visionary leader. Dems are destroying America.

Last edited:
I did not say they did. I said that the oil which Biden is releasing was put in at less than $40 per barrel.

Actual average price paid was $29.70 per barrel...

Notably, when the price of oil tanked during the pandemic, Trump proposed filling the SPR with dirt cheap oil. The Dems celebrating canceling his brilliant plan...

Trump was right again, and a visionary leader. Dems are destroying America.
And those same Dimwingers who claimed it was a payoff to big oil at $25 barrel will celebrate Veggie Joe when he has to pay them $100 barrel to replenish.

Forum List

Back