Big Govt Pays Big for Snow ‘Disaster’

doing things for the common good.....so terribly bad and all....
No, I think you are missing the point.

It's not bad, I understand your sarcasm.

The point here, is FORCING PEOPLE at the point of a gun to do charity and to help out, IS NOT a good idea.

I remember when 9/11 happened, and Katrina, and the Haiti earthquake. . . .

People rallied around and WANTED to help, they wanted to contribute to those disasters in anyway that they could.

But when you FORCE people to contribute by the use of force, it is no longer charity, it is tyranny. That is not the philosophy that this nation was founded on. Sometimes people are in a position to give, at other times, they are experiencing a crises themselves. They are the best ones to determine that, not some faceless bureaucracy.

If a person has a death in the family, is going through a lengthy 'bout of a crippling disease and has their child in a serious problem all at the same time, they don't need the government telling them they need to pony up for some one else's misery at that time. . . it just doesn't make sense.

Giving to charity should be voluntary, shouldn't it?

In the old days, one could make food and soup for charity and take it down to the soup kitchen. Now, all they will take is processed food because of that damn food modernization act. That shit isn't healthy. And it doesn't give a person that same feeling of helping the poor out as it does baking bread for them. . . .

Thanks bureaucracy.

This is voluntary giving. . . this is what they don't want. Instead they want to tax and steal from people so bureaucrats can have jobs, and cops and pols can have more power. It's shameful what is going on.

1917552_976465499114885_6682869972118970639_n.jpg

no but the net is brought to you by the 'common good' do you not get that.....you did not pay into researching the net......now please answer me.....
We are talking about the government. Please keep your analogies relevant.
I understand the corrupt bureaucracy you trust in so much is trying to control it, but they don't..

voluntary giving is always grand till you figure out they have these standards.....etc and so forth...so who helps those truly outside of societies norms? i find many of the so called good christians believe charity begins at home...

no but the net is brought to you by the 'common good' do you not get that.....you did not pay into researching the net......now please answer me.....
I understand the corrupt bureaucracy you trust in so much is trying to control it, but they don't..

so point me to this non corrupt bureaucracy you think is out there....

so point me to this non corrupt bureaucracy you think is out there....
non corrupt bureaucracy is an oxy moron.

citizens are hosed to pay for weather in States they don't live in. how lovely. what a gig eh?

snip:
Charging taxpayers for weather lets the administration claim that fighting “global warming,” is costing billions and something must be done.
By Michael R. Shannon -- Bio and Archives March 15, 2016

In 1930, if you told big government progressives in coming years they would be able to charge taxpayers for weather while increasing the size and power of the federal government, I doubt you would have been believed.

People weren’t as credulous then.

Today common weather events are declared “disasters” and governors go to Washington begging for federal handouts. That’s how taxpayers in Minnesota and Wisconsin wind up paying for a snow storm in Virginia.

Since the first response of most Americans to a “disaster” is to offer to lend a hand, you’re probably thinking “those poor people,” trapped for weeks like Ernest Shackleton in the Antarctic.

You demand the government spare no expense mounting a rescue effort. In the meantime, the least the feds can do is drop food from helicopters like they did for those Montana cows.
You may also wonder why, in this time of Virginia’s obvious need, no one was sitting outside the grocery store soliciting funds for survivors.

In the meantime, without getting all “Pulp Fiction,” you’d like to know some of the details of the disaster.

How can I make this account acceptable for mixed company?

Here’s the sequence of events: Northern Virginia received a winter storm alert. Weather people hyperventilated. Toilet paper disappeared. Snow fell for two days. Flakes landed on the roadway. Educrats canceled school. Teachers danced. Plows buried parked cars.

Mass transit became missing transit. Private sector workers slid to work. Teachers continued dancing for the rest of the week.

And that’s the sum total of the “disaster.”

Taking care of roads and preparing for weather is a state responsibility, not a federal responsibility. Paying for clearing state roads is the state’s job and the money should be raised from its taxpayers.

Yet the governors of Virginia and Maryland both rushed to declare winter weather a disaster, hoping Uncle Sam would foot the cleanup bill.

All of it here:
So called "Man made climate change" believers are full of shit... Just control freaks.

so lets give up the electric grid.....you realize that would be hard to do with this self paying society and schools fuck that education (okay trump voters have already done that in real life) roads...damn those roads we do not need them....and commerical trucking fuck that......o and the cdc....and vaccines.....fuck all that...just sit at home and pick your nose and look down on your neighbors

But shouldn't a person be able to opt out if they want? Shouldn't a person be ABLE to choose freedom? What about the sovereignty of the individual??

Do you know that courts are ruling that it is now illegal to live with out electricity? Don't you think that is a bit hypocritical and tyrannical at the same time?

At one time they are indoctrinating you with Global Warming B.S. which ostenisible come from the generation of electricity, and at the next go round, they will tell you it is against the law to go off the grid and live off the grid, and generate your own electrical.

WTF? :disbelief:

That should tell you right that global warming is a hoax. It isn't about the carbon. It is about control and that carbon tax. It is about money, nothing more.

Of course they're missing the point. That's what they do to justify Illegal theft by the Federal Government of it's citizens.

this was the first paragraph I thought that said It all.
SNIP:

In 1930, if you told big government progressives in coming years they would be able to charge taxpayers for weather while increasing the size and power of the federal government, I doubt you would have been believed.

People weren’t as credulous then.

Today common weather events are declared “disasters” and governors go to Washington begging for federal handouts. That’s how taxpayers in Minnesota and Wisconsin wind up paying for a snow storm in Virginia.

Since the first response of most Americans to a “disaster” is to offer to lend a hand, you’re probably thinking “those poor people,” trapped for weeks like Ernest Shackleton in the Antarctic.

You demand the government spare no expense mounting a rescue effort. In the meantime, the least the feds can do is drop food from helicopters like they did for those Montana cows.
From the article above

Forum List

Back