Big mouth Natalie Maines is back at it again !

No need for a link, just go back a few years on here and read. Enjoy

Because you have no link, because it doesn't exist, because you pulled it out of your ass. I know everything I ever fucking posted. Obviously you don't.

Loser.
Never was called a racist till I disagreed with Obama. I love it how liberals are back tracking on this subject.

AGAIN --- where's your link?

AGAIN you fail.

Wait, are you challenging the claim that there were some liberals claiming racism when someone denounced Obama ?

I challenged his claim that *I* did. As in me, first person singular. Which is right there in the post you cut out of this one as inconvenient to your movable goalposts.

What "some liberals", whatever that means, did has no bearing on anything anywhere.

Lol coming from people that called anyone racist for disagreeing with Obama.

Lol !! Are you so grandiose that you thought he was JUST talking about you ?!!

Because you have no link, because it doesn't exist, because you pulled it out of your ass. I know everything I ever fucking posted. Obviously you don't.

Loser.
Never was called a racist till I disagreed with Obama. I love it how liberals are back tracking on this subject.

AGAIN you fail.

Wait, are you challenging the claim that there were some liberals claiming racism when someone denounced Obama ?

I challenged his claim that *I* did. As in me, first person singular. Which is right there in the post you cut out of this one as inconvenient to your movable goalposts.

What "some liberals", whatever that means, did has no bearing on anything anywhere.

WHO was the post addressed to, DUMBASS? See the words "coming from" in reply to my post, or are you too fucking stupid?

What the friggety fuck does some imaginary group of whoever-people have to do with my posts? What?

Interesting, the same ones who complain about Maines are the ones who say horrible things about our president. :rolleyes:
And the same ones that defend Natalie's big mouth were denouncing Holly Holm this weekend because she said Donald Trump was a smart man.

Who the hell is Holly Holm?

I like that alliteration...
A female boxer

Holly Holm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, never heard of her. :dunno:

But I still like the alliteration. I was hoping Holly Holm was a hapless hagiographer from Halifax.

Oh well. If the tour isn't as successful as she hopes that it will be, there isn't going to be anyone for her to blame but herself when the rest of us have the right to put our thoughts and opinions out there as well.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

"The rest of us"?

So we all have the right to put our thoughts and opinions out there.... but Natalie Maines -- all by herself -- doesn't ?

shakehead.gif

Retard, she is not saying she doesn't have the RIGHT !!

AGAIN you fail.

WHO was the post addressed to, DUMBASS? See the words "coming from" in reply to my post, or are you too fucking stupid?

What the friggety fuck does some imaginary group of whoever-people have to do with my posts? What?

Interesting, the same ones who complain about Maines are the ones who say horrible things about our president. :rolleyes:
And the same ones that defend Natalie's big mouth were denouncing Holly Holm this weekend because she said Donald Trump was a smart man.

Who the hell is Holly Holm?

I like that alliteration...
A female boxer

Holly Holm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, never heard of her. :dunno:

But I still like the alliteration. I was hoping Holly Holm was a hapless hagiographer from Halifax.
I only know who she is because she is from here. And she trains at the gym by my house. :)

vs.

"Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

:rolleyes:

Annnnnnnnnd, I would suspect that libs (like you, but could include others :biggrin:)
Have stopped purchasing anything to do with Nugent BECAUSE OF HIS VILE MOUTH !!!!

Jesus, this isn't fucking hard !

AGAIN you fail.

Can't answer then?

Exactly how is it you think my posts get written? You think all these posters live upstairs and when it's time to post we pass a paper around and everybody adds a word? :wtf:

How fucking stupid can you be? The poster addressed me. My post, as in singular.
I challenged him to back up his claim; he couldn't do it.
HE recognizes he lost, and left. YOU don't.

Last edited:

vs.

"Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

Annnnnnnnnd, I would suspect that libs (like you, but could include others :biggrin:)
Have stopped purchasing anything to do with Nugent BECAUSE OF HIS VILE MOUTH !!!!

Of course they do. They just spent the weekend on FB telling Holly Holm she lost them as fans because she couldn't keep her mouth shut about Donald Trump.

vs.

If Nuge had ever made anything in his life that was musically relevant to anything I would have supported it.

He's still alive so technically there's still a chance.

If I looked through my music collection ---- which is massive --- I have no doubt I could find a goodly number of artists who have also espoused politics with which I disagree.

That's entirely irrelevant to the music, so I haven't even bothered to look.

But then again I'm not a corporate fascist lapdog sitting waiting on their orders and trying to control what other people say halfway around the fucking world.

^^^ The reason why I have said any of what I have said already is because she is the one who cried on that 60 Minutes show because of how people responded to her choice of words. Well if she wasn't willing to deal with the response being what it ended up being, she should have kept her mouth shut until she was willing.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Do you cry when people don't like what you have to say?

I don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about. But writing a song called "Not Ready to Make Nice" and going back to the same stage in London and reiterating the same thing again ........ doesn't exactly look to me like "not willing to deal with what may happen". It looks like OWNING it.

Yep, she owned it, and for years now she has had to accept that she's not welcome in much of the country music world.
She's still selling records, although none are new, and her Chick concerts sell out, but there are also millions of Americans who now don't want anything to do with her, that had she kept her mouth shut would no doubt still accept her and Chick sisters and would be buying her music by the droves.

Chicks in the Wilderness

A decade ago, they were riding on top of the world, selling millions of records to mothers and daughters (and even a few fathers). Then, after one fateful night in London, the Dixie Chicks were banished from country music. They still haven’t found their way back.

- See more at: Chicks in the Wilderness - Texas Monthly

he thing nobody ever remembers about the Dixie Chicks is how much fun they were. But back when the nineties were winding down, when the Chicks were making the leap from hot-selling country act to objects of a national crush, the only thing they appeared to take seriously was their music. They were ubiquitous then, a brassy girl group that could outplay and outsing any band in Nashville, with runway-model looks and a refreshingly genuine manner. Their image was equal parts strong-willed big sister, freewheeling college dorm mate, and potty-mouthed flirty girl at the end of the bar, a combination that drew country fans of both sexes and all ages and then soaked up more listeners from outside the genre. Their appeal was infectious. They were clearly enjoying every minute of their ride to the top.
Jog your memory for specific examples. Picture their old magazine ads for Candie’s shoes. One showed them packed into a bathtub with giggling faces and goofy sneakers sticking out of the bubbles, sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison clutching their fiddle and banjo while singer Natalie Maines belted a song into a scrub brush. Another had them stuffed in the back of a limo, all glammed-up and chowing down on fast food. Or watch their videos on YouTube. For their first single, 1997’s “I Can Love You Better,” they introduced themselves to the world with lilting three-part harmonies while riding into the frame seated on an airport baggage carousel. In 1999’s ridiculously catchy “Ready to Run,” they did street stunts on BMX bikes and started a food fight, all while wearing wedding dresses and running shoes. And in 2000’s “Goodbye Earl,” with its “nah-na-na-na-nah” chorus and “Thriller”-style choreography, they turned a song about killing an abusive husband into a delirious girl-power dance party.
But the joy of the Chicks came through best when they performed live, so stick with YouTube to find clips from their 2000 NBC concert special, Dixie Chicks: On the Fly. It’s just network television, which means you can expect a little cheese, like the show’s running gag that the girls, as everyone in Nashville referred to them back then, are new to the high life. In one prerecorded vignette, Natalie mistakes the bidet in their fancy hotel bathroom for a water fountain. In another Emily fails miserably in a tutorial on smashing her banjo on stage, à la Pete Townshend. But that’s all filler. The point of the program was to capture the Chicks on their first headlining tour, an 88-date monster that sold $47.3 million in tickets. When the curtain comes up, or rather when the zipper falls—the curtain was designed to look like the front of a giant pair of jeans—the band bounces into the Celtic-tinged intro to “Ready to Run.”
Martie is the only Chick visible, standing on a riser and sawing on her fiddle in unison with a pennywhistle player hidden in the shadows. When the body of the song hits, the lights come on and the three Chicks march down stairs to the front of the stage. Their look is all sass and sparkle, with Martie in a sequined tube top and jeans, Emily in a sleek green skirt and halter top, and Natalie in a royal-blue minidress with black boots and wristbands. Martie looks the most like a country performer, always smiling and keeping eye contact with fans. Emily is more reserved, concentrating on her banjo and closing her eyes when she harmonizes. Natalie, however, is the show-stealer. With no instrument to play, she squares up to the mike like it’s a speed bag in a boxing gym. Her voice is strong and sharp, the kind you feel in your chest when you hear it. She punctuates the lyrics by cocking her head and throwing up her hands. During instrumental breaks she stomps to the back of the stage, waving her arms and spinning around. Most people would feel self-conscious dancing like that alone in their bedroom. Natalie acts as if the spotlight is the most natural place in the world for her.
The audience, to put it mildly, gets it. And they’re hardly all female. The crowd shots show plenty of guys singing and dancing in the aisles. But it’s the girls and women you notice. They stare at the Chicks and sing along with every verse and then, on the choruses, turn and sing to one another. There’s a sisterhood thing happening, a collective sense of ecstasy and ownership and pride. You get the feeling watching the younger faces that every time the Dixie Chicks took the stage, an arena full of girls decided to start a band, just as boys once did watching the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show.

The show closes the only way it could, with “Wide Open Spaces,” the Chicks’ song about dawning womanhood that somehow became an anthem for young girls and their moms and dads. Martie’s fiddle soars over Emily’s chiming banjo, while the fans—who know well that Emily had to fight just to get her banjo on the record—sing along with Natalie: “She needs wide open spaces/Room to make her big mistakes.” Natalie turns the mike around and holds it out to the audience as the fans carry the song home. As concert tropes go, it’s pretty well-worn, but it doesn’t seem contrived here. These fans feel like that song is theirs.
Then the clip ends. And it’s hard not to wonder what happened to that band. Because nobody pictures giant zippers and family sing-alongs when they think of the Chicks anymore. Mention of the group now conjures images of an embattled protest band, free-speech crusaders who took the stage looking more like the Clash than any musicians Nashville ever produced. But even that idea of the Chicks is dated. These days Martie and Emily are waiting to release their second CD as the Court Yard Hounds, and Natalie has her first solo CD due out in May. And neither album will sound or sell like the Dixie Chicks.
The short answer to what happened is known in band lore as the Incident. In March 2003, on the brink of the Iraq war, Natalie told a London audience that the Chicks were ashamed that George W. Bush was from Texas. Prior to that moment, they looked like surefire enshrinees to the Country Music Hall of Fame, poised, perhaps, to become the biggest act in the genre’s history. In barely five years, their first three records had sold 28 million copies. Their then-current album, Home, had sold 6 million in six months. But in the ten years since Natalie spoke those words, none of those records has sold even one million more copies, and the Dixie Chicks as an entity scarcely exists. How could an impromptu bit of between-song banter cause so much damage? And why did millions of fans never forgive them?
The fact is, none of it was nearly that simple.
A
bout a half hour
into Shut Up & Sing, the 2006 documentary about the Chicks, the band’s longtime manager, Simon Renshaw, gives this nutshell history of their early career. “I met the Chicks in 1994,” he says in a gruff voice laced with an English accent. “There they were, and they had their hair really big, and they had the hoop dresses on, and the spangles, and the cowboy hats. And they went onstage and they performed these songs, which were pretty bad. Basically western swing, very old-fashioned, very not-contemporary. But the one thing that was very, very clear was that they were three beautiful girls, and incredibly talented, and they could really play. And if they had a willingness to kind of, like, change direction, moving more into a contemporary country music space, there actually could be a really interesting slot for them.” The description omits a lot of details, as a nutshell must, the main one being that when Renshaw first started steering those “three beautiful girls,” Natalie Maines was not one of them.

The Dixie Chicks began as buskers on Dallas’s McKinney Avenue

vs.

If Nuge had ever made anything in his life that was musically relevant to anything I would have supported it.

If I looked through my music collection ---- which is massive --- I have no doubt I could find a goodly number of artists who have also espoused politics with which I disagree.

But then again I'm not a corporate fascist lapdog sitting waiting on their orders and trying to control what other people say halfway around the fucking world.

I can safely say that Nugent lost fans that were on the left side of the aisle.
He also may have made new ones on the right.

In the case of the Chicks, they came from a mostly conservative genre, so they get punished even harsher.

^^^ The reason why I have said any of what I have said already is because she is the one who cried on that 60 Minutes show because of how people responded to her choice of words. Well if she wasn't willing to deal with the response being what it ended up being, she should have kept her mouth shut until she was willing.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Do you cry when people don't like what you have to say?

I don't have any idea what the hell you're talking about. But writing a song called "Not Ready to Make Nice" and going back to the same stage in London and reiterating the same thing again ........ doesn't exactly look to me like "not willing to deal with what may happen". It looks like OWNING it.

Yep, she owned it, and for years now she has had to accept that she's not welcome in much of the country music world.
She's still selling records, although none are new, and her Chick concerts sell out, but there are also millions of Americans who now don't want anything to do with her, that had she kept her mouth shut would no doubt still accept her and Chick sisters and would be buying her music by the droves.

Chicks in the Wilderness

A decade ago, they were riding on top of the world, selling millions of records to mothers and daughters (and even a few fathers). Then, after one fateful night in London, the Dixie Chicks were banished from country music. They still haven’t found their way back.

he thing nobody ever remembers about the Dixie Chicks is how much fun they were. But back when the nineties were winding down, when the Chicks were making the leap from hot-selling country act to objects of a national crush, the only thing they appeared to take seriously was their music. They were ubiquitous then, a brassy girl group that could outplay and outsing any band in Nashville, with runway-model looks and a refreshingly genuine manner. Their image was equal parts strong-willed big sister, freewheeling college dorm mate, and potty-mouthed flirty girl at the end of the bar, a combination that drew country fans of both sexes and all ages and then soaked up more listeners from outside the genre. Their appeal was infectious. They were clearly enjoying every minute of their ride to the top.
Jog your memory for specific examples. Picture their old magazine ads for Candie’s shoes. One showed them packed into a bathtub with giggling faces and goofy sneakers sticking out of the bubbles, sisters Martie Maguire and Emily Robison clutching their fiddle and banjo while singer Natalie Maines belted a song into a scrub brush. Another had them stuffed in the back of a limo, all glammed-up and chowing down on fast food. Or watch their videos on YouTube. For their first single, 1997’s “I Can Love You Better,” they introduced themselves to the world with lilting three-part harmonies while riding into the frame seated on an airport baggage carousel. In 1999’s ridiculously catchy “Ready to Run,” they did street stunts on BMX bikes and started a food fight, all while wearing wedding dresses and running shoes. And in 2000’s “Goodbye Earl,” with its “nah-na-na-na-nah” chorus and “Thriller”-style choreography, they turned a song about killing an abusive husband into a delirious girl-power dance party.
But the joy of the Chicks came through best when they performed live, so stick with YouTube to find clips from their 2000 NBC concert special, Dixie Chicks: On the Fly. It’s just network television, which means you can expect a little cheese, like the show’s running gag that the girls, as everyone in Nashville referred to them back then, are new to the high life. In one prerecorded vignette, Natalie mistakes the bidet in their fancy hotel bathroom for a water fountain. In another Emily fails miserably in a tutorial on smashing her banjo on stage, à la Pete Townshend. But that’s all filler. The point of the program was to capture the Chicks on their first headlining tour, an 88-date monster that sold $47.3 million in tickets. When the curtain comes up, or rather when the zipper falls—the curtain was designed to look like the front of a giant pair of jeans—the band bounces into the Celtic-tinged intro to “Ready to Run.”
Martie is the only Chick visible, standing on a riser and sawing on her fiddle in unison with a pennywhistle player hidden in the shadows. When the body of the song hits, the lights come on and the three Chicks march down stairs to the front of the stage. Their look is all sass and sparkle, with Martie in a sequined tube top and jeans, Emily in a sleek green skirt and halter top, and Natalie in a royal-blue minidress with black boots and wristbands. Martie looks the most like a country performer, always smiling and keeping eye contact with fans. Emily is more reserved, concentrating on her banjo and closing her eyes when she harmonizes. Natalie, however, is the show-stealer. With no instrument to play, she squares up to the mike like it’s a speed bag in a boxing gym. Her voice is strong and sharp, the kind you feel in your chest when you hear it. She punctuates the lyrics by cocking her head and throwing up her hands. During instrumental breaks she stomps to the back of the stage, waving her arms and spinning around. Most people would feel self-conscious dancing like that alone in their bedroom. Natalie acts as if the spotlight is the most natural place in the world for her.
The audience, to put it mildly, gets it. And they’re hardly all female. The crowd shots show plenty of guys singing and dancing in the aisles. But it’s the girls and women you notice. They stare at the Chicks and sing along with every verse and then, on the choruses, turn and sing to one another. There’s a sisterhood thing happening, a collective sense of ecstasy and ownership and pride. You get the feeling watching the younger faces that every time the Dixie Chicks took the stage, an arena full of girls decided to start a band, just as boys once did watching the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show.

The show closes the only way it could, with “Wide Open Spaces,” the Chicks’ song about dawning womanhood that somehow became an anthem for young girls and their moms and dads. Martie’s fiddle soars over Emily’s chiming banjo, while the fans—who know well that Emily had to fight just to get her banjo on the record—sing along with Natalie: “She needs wide open spaces/Room to make her big mistakes.” Natalie turns the mike around and holds it out to the audience as the fans carry the song home. As concert tropes go, it’s pretty well-worn, but it doesn’t seem contrived here. These fans feel like that song is theirs.
Then the clip ends. And it’s hard not to wonder what happened to that band. Because nobody pictures giant zippers and family sing-alongs when they think of the Chicks anymore. Mention of the group now conjures images of an embattled protest band, free-speech crusaders who took the stage looking more like the Clash than any musicians Nashville ever produced. But even that idea of the Chicks is dated. These days Martie and Emily are waiting to release their second CD as the Court Yard Hounds, and Natalie has her first solo CD due out in May. And neither album will sound or sell like the Dixie Chicks.
The short answer to what happened is known in band lore as the Incident. In March 2003, on the brink of the Iraq war, Natalie told a London audience that the Chicks were ashamed that George W. Bush was from Texas. Prior to that moment, they looked like surefire enshrinees to the Country Music Hall of Fame, poised, perhaps, to become the biggest act in the genre’s history. In barely five years, their first three records had sold 28 million copies. Their then-current album, Home, had sold 6 million in six months. But in the ten years since Natalie spoke those words, none of those records has sold even one million more copies, and the Dixie Chicks as an entity scarcely exists. How could an impromptu bit of between-song banter cause so much damage? And why did millions of fans never forgive them?
The fact is, none of it was nearly that simple.

A
bout a half hour into Shut Up & Sing, the 2006 documentary about the Chicks, the band’s longtime manager, Simon Renshaw, gives this nutshell history of their early career. “I met the Chicks in 1994,” he says in a gruff voice laced with an English accent. “There they were, and they had their hair really big, and they had the hoop dresses on, and the spangles, and the cowboy hats. And they went onstage and they performed these songs, which were pretty bad. Basically western swing, very old-fashioned, very not-contemporary. But the one thing that was very, very clear was that they were three beautiful girls, and incredibly talented, and they could really play. And if they had a willingness to kind of, like, change direction, moving more into a contemporary country music space, there actually could be a really interesting slot for them.” The description omits a lot of details, as a nutshell must, the main one being that when Renshaw first started steering those “three beautiful girls,” Natalie Maines was not one of them.
The Dixie Chicks began as buskers on Dallas’s McKinney Avenue

The band eclipsed the "Country" genre long ago. That was a large part of the whole POINT of bringing Natalie Maines in -- a broader appeal, including rock and blues ingredients.

As your own link above details, they came to Country from Bluegrass and Bluegrass from Western Swing.

You know what's illustrative -- see that 60 minutes interview I linked (from 2006) where it's noted they can barely manage #37 on the charts ---- yet the same song is the #1 download. If that doesn't eloquently document the collusion that the commercial music "industry" is, well I can only lead the horse to water.

That corporate industry would be the same one that sold us the Iraq war as a good idea, and never told us the entire rest of the world thought we were full of shit. Which we now know.

That would be the same corporate puppetmaster you're so obsequiously on your knees for right now.

Last edited:

vs.

I can safely say that Nugent lost fans that were on the left side of the aisle.
He also may have made new ones on the right.

In the case of the Chicks, they came from a mostly conservative genre, so they get punished even harsher.

And I'm sure you can link us to the ClearChannel boycott organized to tank his career.

Oh wait --- "career" -- what am I saying.... that was over in 1969.

vs.

That is so true.
There are very few country singers/groups from the wrong side of the fence, so to speak, like the Chicks.
Oh well. :dunno:

Can't answer then?

Exactly how is it you think my posts get written? You think all these posters live upstairs and when it's time to post we pass a paper around and everybody adds a word? :wtf:

How fucking stupid can you be? The poster addressed me. My post, as in singular.

Because when he said:

"coming from people that called anyone racist for disagreeing with Obama.

He obviously was talking about liberals in general !!!

Christ you're really dense, aren't you ?

It's hitting:

toc-logo.png

[8
Natalie Maines Is ‘Ashamed’ Once Again — This Time of Ted Cruz

By Billy Dukes 7 hours ago
Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks is still ashamed, but her target is someone new in 2016.
Read More

Read More: Natalie Maines News | Natalie Maines News

Gotta hand it to this thread -- I wouldn't have known they were coming out of the baby-making phase to get active again.

I have no doubt untold billions discovered them 13 years ago through the corporate whine too. I knew who they were, from being in radio, but I doubt a lot of people did.

Can't answer then?

Because when he said:

"coming from people that called anyone racist for disagreeing with Obama.

He obviously was talking about liberals in general !!!

Christ you're really dense, aren't you ?

Couldn't have been. "Liberals in general" didn't write the post he quoted. I wrote it.

As I said --- how fucking stupid can you be?

Moreover -- as I proved by challenging him --- I'm not part of any such group he imagines anyway. So you lose.

Forum List

Back