Big mouth Natalie Maines is back at it again !

Interesting, the same ones who complain about Maines are the ones who say horrible things about our president. :rolleyes:

vs.

"Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

:rolleyes:

Annnnnnnnnd, I would suspect that libs (like you, but could include others :biggrin:)
Have stopped purchasing anything to do with Nugent BECAUSE OF HIS VILE MOUTH !!!!

Jesus, this isn't fucking hard !

If Nuge had ever made anything in his life that was musically relevant to anything I would have supported it.

He's still alive so technically there's still a chance.

If I looked through my music collection ---- which is massive --- I have no doubt I could find a goodly number of artists who have also espoused politics with which I disagree.

That's entirely irrelevant to the music, so I haven't even bothered to look.

But then again I'm not a corporate fascist lapdog sitting waiting on their orders and trying to control what other people say halfway around the fucking world.

Nuge does have a lot of songs, but you won't find more than 3 or 4 chords in the lot.

They are about to start a new t our, and apparently this idiot didn't learn much from the last time she pissed off half the country.
She only pissed off wingnuts, a small minority.

What was the lesson she was supposed to have learned? Not to criticize a sitting president while on foreign soil? Looks like every Republican since then has failed to learn that lesson, starting with Failin' Palin and Mittens Romney.

So fuck off.

She pissed off quite a few Americans, and as for the lesson, I would have thought she would have learned that if you're a celebrity and you solidly take one side of the aisle, you're likely to get hit in the pocketbook.
Especially when the comments made are insulting.
She obviously doesn't give a fuck what a sizeable percentage of the population thinks.
Maybe she's more interested in preserving her integrity than her profits. Which precludes her from being a conservative.

Either her crying is not shown in what you found because it was conveniently taken out

IapBtka.jpg

They are about to start a new t our, and apparently this idiot didn't learn much from the last time she pissed off half the country.

Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines: 'I'm Ashamed Ted Cruz Claims to Be American'

Natalie Maines infamously spoke her mind about war and then-President George W. Bush back in 2003, when she told a London crowd that she was “ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.” Now, the Dixie Chicks member is bringing that comment back to mind and voicing her opinion on Republican presidential candidate (and fellow Texan) Ted Cruz.
Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines Revisits President Bush Criticisms 12 Years Later
“Just so you know....I'm ashamed Ted Cruz is from America,” Maines wrote on Twitter late Saturday night (Jan. 23). With her tweet she posted side-by-side images of former President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Cruz. “I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity,” reads a quote from Eisenhower, compared to this quote from Cruz: “We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out.”
“I stand corrected...Just so you know, I'm ashamed Ted Cruz claims to be American,” Maines added in another tweet. Cruz represents Texas as a senator, though he was born in Canada.
Maines’ tweets are in reference to a statement Cruz reportedly made at a December campaign stop in Des Moines, Iowa.
Behind the Scenes of the Dixie Chicks' Prep for American Comeback Tour (That's Already Successful)
While her remarks about Bush over a decade ago didn't sit well with the group's conservative country fanbase, music fans seem to be ready for their return to the stage. The Dixie Chicks (Maines, Emily Robison and Martie Maguire) embark on a tour on June 1, their first U.S. trek in 10 years -- and "ticket sales have been ridiculous," according to band manager Simon Renshaw.

Why does anyone give a flying fuck what this moron thinks?

If I looked through my music collection ---- which is massive --- I have no doubt I could find a goodly number of artists who have also espoused politics with which I disagree.
It's inconceivable to me to ignore/boycott Clint Eastwood movies because he's a whackadoodle wingnut.

She only pissed off wingnuts, a small minority.

What was the lesson she was supposed to have learned? Not to criticize a sitting president while on foreign soil? Looks like every Republican since then has failed to learn that lesson, starting with Failin' Palin and Mittens Romney.

So fuck off.

She pissed off quite a few Americans, and as for the lesson, I would have thought she would have learned that if you're a celebrity and you solidly take one side of the aisle, you're likely to get hit in the pocketbook.
Especially when the comments made are insulting.
She obviously doesn't give a fuck what a sizeable percentage of the population thinks.
Maybe she's more interested in preserving her integrity than her profits. Which precludes her from being a conservative.

If integrity was what she was after, I would think she would have simply made no controversial comment about our president at a highly volatile and emotional time, and instead went about her business.

Why is anyone complaining about her exercising her right to free speech?
If anything give a rebuttal to what she said not just complain that she said it.

If anything give a rebuttal to what she said not just complain that she said it.

It's not the 'right', it's the content !

Why do some of you have such a problem getting this ?

Natalie Maines infamously spoke her mind about war and then-President George W. Bush back in 2003, when she told a London crowd that she was “ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.” Now, the Dixie Chicks member is bringing that comment back to mind and voicing her opinion on Republican presidential candidate (and fellow Texan) Ted Cruz.
Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines Revisits President Bush Criticisms 12 Years Later
“Just so you know....I'm ashamed Ted Cruz is from America,” Maines wrote on Twitter late Saturday night (Jan. 23). With her tweet she posted side-by-side images of former President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Cruz. “I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity,” reads a quote from Eisenhower, compared to this quote from Cruz: “We will carpet bomb them into oblivion. I don’t know if sand can glow in the dark, but we’re going to find out.”
“I stand corrected...Just so you know, I'm ashamed Ted Cruz claims to be American,” Maines added in another tweet. Cruz represents Texas as a senator, though he was born in Canada.
Maines’ tweets are in reference to a statement Cruz reportedly made at a December campaign stop in Des Moines, Iowa.
Behind the Scenes of the Dixie Chicks' Prep for American Comeback Tour (That's Already Successful)
While her remarks about Bush over a decade ago didn't sit well with the group's conservative country fanbase, music fans seem to be ready for their return to the stage. The Dixie Chicks (Maines, Emily Robison and Martie Maguire) embark on a tour on June 1, their first U.S. trek in 10 years -- and "ticket sales have been ridiculous," according to band manager Simon Renshaw.

Why does anyone give a flying fuck what this moron thinks?
Doesn't matter, they just do. She risked her career and spoke out. Paid a big financial price. She and her business partners have decided it is worth the cost for the privilege and right to speak out about what they believe in. Their integrity is more important to them than making more millions to add to the millions they have already made and the profits they continue to make from sales of their music and royalties. Some folks respect their honesty and courage to speak out dispite potential financial cost.

Everybody gets it. It is the most common excuse used by anti-free speech folks, from all sides of the political spectrum. "It isn't the free speech, it is the content of the speech" is the tyrants response and defense for disparaging free speech.

What "some liberals", whatever that means, did has no bearing on anything anywhere.
That's the Hannity/Wingnut tactic: "some people are saying ___"
I hate that. Its use isn't limited to Mr. Hannity though. "Some people say" or a variation is a way to introduce information or opinions that are not relevant to a discussion.
It is also a way to present an argument that is false. "Some people say" can represent a handful of bloggers with no source data to back up their claims and simply use the phrase to springboard a bogus argument into the conversation. It is a way to spread a lie and dishonesty with a shady disavowment. On the conservative propaganda media circuit, this phrase is used at the beginning of the rant, program or whatever once, and the topic is spoken of as fact afterward.

What "some liberals", whatever that means, did has no bearing on anything anywhere.
That's the Hannity/Wingnut tactic: "some people are saying ___"
I hate that. Its use isn't limited to Mr. Hannity though. "Some people say" or a variation is a way to introduce information or opinions that are not relevant to a discussion.
It is also a way to present an argument that is false. "Some people say" can represent a handful of bloggers with no source data to back up their claims and simply use the phrase to springboard a bogus argument into the conversation. It is a way to spread a lie and dishonesty with a shady disavowment. On the conservative propaganda media circuit, this phrase is used at the beginning of the rant, program or whatever once, and the topic is spoken of as fact afterward.
I do hear it a lot on Fox. I don't watch enough of the other two (their streaming video format sucks) to know whether or not they do it as much.

Doesn't matter, they just do. She risked her career and spoke out. Paid a big financial price. She and her business partners have decided it is worth the cost for the privilege and right to speak out about what they believe in. Their integrity is more important to them than making more millions to add to the millions they have already made and the profits they continue to make from sales of their music and royalties. Some folks respect their honesty and courage to speak out dispite potential financial cost.

So her sacrifice of her career by slamming on an American president during a time of war is a good thing in your view?

Your self destructive view of this woman's idiocy is a prime example of the insanity of libtards.

Everybody gets it. It is the most common excuse used by anti-free speech folks, from all sides of the political spectrum. "It isn't the free speech, it is the content of the speech" is the tyrants response and defense for disparaging free speech.
Lol, yeah, right, and I remember the millions of people who stood up for Paula Deen's free speech rights when she seemed to recall using the N-word in private conversation some three or four decades ago and got targetted by the vindictive ideologues on the left.....wait, no that never happened as her career and business was nearly destroyed by assinine frauds over something that has never been proven that she had ever actually said.

Irony is over whelming when libtards speak of defending free speech rights, roflmao

Swing, and a miss !

So her sacrifice of her career by slamming on an American president during a time of war is a good thing in your view?

Your self destructive view of this woman's idiocy is a prime example of the insanity of libtards.
When did it become inappropriate for citizens to criticize a President leading up to or even during a war? Do citizen rights get suspended when a President decide to lead the nation into a war?

Forum List

Back