Big Oil vs The World

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
A BBC doc exposing the methods and lies of the climate denial industry from th moment Exxon scientists discovered that global warming was a real thing.

Its quite the most shocking doc I have ever seen and people should be put in jail for the damage that they have done.

The trick is to sow seeds of doubt rather than present scientific evidence.Oil and the other dirty industries have deep pockets and they own our politicians.

A BBC doc exposing the methods and lies of the climate denial industry from th moment Exxon scientists discovered that global warming was a real thing.

Its quite the most shocking doc I have ever seen and people should be put in jail for the damage that they have done.

The trick is to sow seeds of doubt rather than present scientific evidence.Oil and the other dirty industries have deep pockets and they own our politicians.

Exxon scientists discovered that global warming was a real thing.

Before Exxon, no one knew how greenhouse gasses worked?

Damn, you morons will believe anything.

people should be put in jail for the damage that they have done.

You're guilty! You're still using fossil fuels.

Most people prefer their oil BIG.

Who the heck has ever bought oil from "Fred's Oil"?

the-smallest-gas-station-1.jpg

Exxon scientists discovered that global warming was a real thing.

Before Exxon, no one knew how greenhouse gasses worked?

Damn, you morons will believe anything.

people should be put in jail for the damage that they have done.

You're guilty! You're still using fossil fuels.
That was the start of the denial industry. Politicians and journos willing to lie in order to rake in oil money.

Low calibre people.

The amount of power the world's reliance on oil gives to monsters is a better argument for alternative energy sources. People don't care about global warming. They don't care about most things.

The amount of power the world's reliance on oil gives to monsters is a better argument for alternative energy sources. People don't care about global warming. They don't care about most things.
Is every argument you make a moral argument? Are you that guy?

Oh brother. I hope you don't believe I should be bound by what others believe. The native state of our planet with its current land mass and ocean configuration is to cool. They have mistakenly correlated the recent warming trend to CO2 despite the geologic record being littered with warming and cooling trends that were not caused by CO2 or orbital forcing. Arguing that there can be no other causes for the recent warming trend is disingenuous. The geologic record is littered with examples. This is especially true ever since the planet transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet 3 million years ago. Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainties are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world which has different glaciation thresholds at each pole.

The only correlation between temperature and CO2 on a planetary scale that is known with any certainty is from the time before the industrial revolution. Prior to the industrial revolution CO2 was a proxy for temperature. This is a fact that no one disputes. If you don't know why this correlation existed, just ask me. Since that time man's emissions have broken the correlation between temperature and CO2. We know this with 100% certainty because we are 2C cooler than in the past with 120 ppm more CO2.

Some scientists have attribute the recent warming trend to CO2 based upon model results. But other scientists come to opposite conclusions about the causes of recent climate change depending on which datasets they consider. For instance, the panels on the left lead to the conclusion that global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to human-caused emissions, especially carbon dioxide (CO2), i.e., the conclusion reached by the UN IPCC reports. In contrast, the panels on the right lead to the exact opposite conclusion, i.e., that the global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to natural cycles, chiefly long-term changes in the energy emitted by the Sun.

1632186412722.png

Both sets of panels are based on published scientific data, but each uses different datasets and assumptions. On the left, it is assumed that the available temperature records are unaffected by the urban heat island problem, and so all stations are used, whether urban or rural. On the right, only rural stations are used. Meanwhile, on the left, solar output is modeled using the low variability dataset that has been chosen for the IPCC’s upcoming (in 2021/2022) 6th Assessment Reports. This implies zero contribution from natural factors to the long-term warming. On the right, solar output is modeled using a high variability dataset used by the team in charge of NASA’s ACRIM sun-monitoring satellites. This implies that most, if not all, of the long-term temperature changes are due to natural factors.

Here is the link to the full paper.
ShieldSquare Captcha

Crimes they have done? Oil has built your entire society, it freed your ass from the nazis. Politicians want to force a transition to electric power right now.... they want to ban fertilizer and put farmers out of business... destroy peoples lives. Fuck your crimes... stop being a lunatic.

Oh brother. I hope you don't believe I should be bound by what others believe. The native state of our planet with its current land mass and ocean configuration is to cool. They have mistakenly correlated the recent warming trend to CO2 despite the geologic record being littered with warming and cooling trends that were not caused by CO2 or orbital forcing. Arguing that there can be no other causes for the recent warming trend is disingenuous. The geologic record is littered with examples. This is especially true ever since the planet transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet 3 million years ago. Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainties are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world which has different glaciation thresholds at each pole.

The only correlation between temperature and CO2 on a planetary scale that is known with any certainty is from the time before the industrial revolution. Prior to the industrial revolution CO2 was a proxy for temperature. This is a fact that no one disputes. If you don't know why this correlation existed, just ask me. Since that time man's emissions have broken the correlation between temperature and CO2. We know this with 100% certainty because we are 2C cooler than in the past with 120 ppm more CO2.

Some scientists have attribute the recent warming trend to CO2 based upon model results. But other scientists come to opposite conclusions about the causes of recent climate change depending on which datasets they consider. For instance, the panels on the left lead to the conclusion that global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to human-caused emissions, especially carbon dioxide (CO2), i.e., the conclusion reached by the UN IPCC reports. In contrast, the panels on the right lead to the exact opposite conclusion, i.e., that the global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to natural cycles, chiefly long-term changes in the energy emitted by the Sun.

1632186412722.png

Both sets of panels are based on published scientific data, but each uses different datasets and assumptions. On the left, it is assumed that the available temperature records are unaffected by the urban heat island problem, and so all stations are used, whether urban or rural. On the right, only rural stations are used. Meanwhile, on the left, solar output is modeled using the low variability dataset that has been chosen for the IPCC’s upcoming (in 2021/2022) 6th Assessment Reports. This implies zero contribution from natural factors to the long-term warming. On the right, solar output is modeled using a high variability dataset used by the team in charge of NASA’s ACRIM sun-monitoring satellites. This implies that most, if not all, of the long-term temperature changes are due to natural factors.

Here is the link to the full paper.
ShieldSquare Captcha
Are you a citizen scientist ?

Crimes they have done? Oil has built your entire society, it freed your ass from the nazis. Politicians want to force a transition to electric power right now.... they want to ban fertilizer and put farmers out of business... destroy peoples lives. Fuck your crimes... stop being a lunatic.
You have bought their whole agenda.

The GCC agenda has been massively effective. We can see the results on this thread.

No. You regurgitate the GCC agenda. Stick it up your arse.
Other than the paper I quoted and referenced, you'd be hard pressed to find what I told you in the first two paragraphs anywhere other than here, Tommy.

I've put considerable more thought into this subject than you have.

The GCC agenda has been massively effective. We can see the results on this thread.
Again... I hope you don't believe anyone should be bound by what others believe. The native state of our planet with its current land mass and ocean configuration is to cool. They have mistakenly correlated the recent warming trend to CO2 despite the geologic record being littered with warming and cooling trends that were not caused by CO2 or orbital forcing. Arguing that there can be no other causes for the recent warming trend is disingenuous. The geologic record is littered with examples. This is especially true ever since the planet transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet 3 million years ago. Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainties are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world which has different glaciation thresholds at each pole.

Some scientists have attribute the recent warming trend to CO2 based upon model results. But other scientists come to opposite conclusions about the causes of recent climate change depending on which datasets they consider.

You have bought their whole agenda.
Given that you don't understand the first thing about the earth's climate and have accepted your beliefs on the authority of others, it is you who has bought their whole agenda, Tommy.

Given that you don't understand the first thing about the earth's climate and have accepted your beliefs on the authority of others, it is you who has bought their whole agenda, Tommy.
You act as if there is a debate. That circus has left town a long time ago.

You act as if there is a debate. That circus has left town a long time ago.
Not only is the science not settled claiming the science is settled is the antithesis of science itself. The suppression of open-minded scientific inquiry is unhelpful and hinders scientific progress.

Not only is the science not settled claiming the science is settled is the antithesis of science itself. The suppression of open-minded scientific inquiry is unhelpful and hinders scientific progress.
Nope. One side has science. The other side has dirty oil money.

Forum List

Back