Big Sis Nappy approved 80% of 500,000 illegals to stay despite laws.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Big Sis admitted in her farwell speech that because Congress wouldn't change immigration laws to suit her, she decided to do it on her own, approviing 400,000 illegals to stay.

While I don't like it, I understood the idea of prosecutorial discretion to not deport illegals, but that doesn't give her the right to tell them they can obtain legal status. That is not prosecutorial discretion, that's making law.

Janet Napolitano hits Congress on immigration - POLITICO.com

“We instructed our immigration agents and officers to use their discretion under current law to not pursue low-priority immigration cases, like children brought to the United States illegally by their parents,” she said at a National Press Club speech. “Congress had a chance to give these so-called Dreamers a way to stay in our country through the DREAM Act, but unfortunately, that legislation failed to garner the 60 votes needed for cloture, falling just five votes short, despite strong bipartisan support.”

Napolitano said she used her “prosecutorial discretion” to allow Dreamers to obtain legal status to stay in the country and said more than 80 percent of the 500,000 requests for deferred action have been approved in the program’s first year.

Now, if I recall correctly, every time in the past this was discussed, it was said that the illegal students would not deported, not that they were being given legal status.

It is this kind of stuff that we need to get Congress to reign in, or, as Mark Levin has suggest, go the Constitutional Amendment route and make it so that only Congress can make laws and the agencies can only enforce the laws as written. Take away this "discrection" from them that they have abused. We need to force Congress to do their jobs and not leave it up to the agencies to write new laws to suit their poltical fancy.

With Obama's blessings, Janet From Another Planet has made ICE and the Border Patrol impotent in doing their jobs. Immigration laws mean nothing to this whore or her boss.

Forum List

Back