Bigots In Mississippi Were Just OWNED! With This Perfect Billboard

Here's another one for you, nascarfan. Matthew 19:9.

"And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."
I love that verse!

Been married for 28 years the 27th of this month, not bad to be married at 17.

Don't use God as your excuse to have contempt for LGBT, your whole trip is from a mistranslation of the word, "toevah". It doesn't mean "abomination". It means "taboo, foreign, other".
AGAIN, what does your translation say about this verse?

Leviticus 20:13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US! For we are but ignorant gentiles.
Leviticus 11:9-12: Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat. But anything in the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is an abomination to you. They shall remain an abomination to you; of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall have in abomination. Everything in the waters that has not fins and scales is an abomination to you.

From the exact same book from which you just quoted, nascarfan.

Christian restaurants should not serve lobster!
I know the Bible in English, every version of it...I want Dhara 's translation to the verse I posted.

Leviticus 20:13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

What does her translation say about this verse, this entire verse...I know she won't answer, because I already know the answer. I just wondered if she had the courage to state it, and live it, as a Jew.
The hypocrites are buffet style Christians. They use only those parts of the Bible which suit their political agenda.

We know this because they do not live by the WHOLE Bible which tells them divorce is evil in the sight of God. We know this because we don't see bakers and county clerks denying service to people who are remarrying.

The bible has a lot to say about hypocrites, too. A lot more than what it says about homosexuals.

God didn't even want to grant divorce for adultery. He let Moses talk him into that loophole.

That's how much God hates divorce.

Jesus on hypocrites: "But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. Everything they do is done for people to see."
I like this one better

Revelation 21:8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I got bad news for you g5000 I know the Bible, I live the Bible, and I can pound out the Bible verse for verse, ALL DAY LONG!

The anti-gay bigots would prefer this page of their Bible was blank:

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’b ? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

Jesus on hypocrites: "But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. Everything they do is done for people to see."
I like this one better

Revelation 21:8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I got bad news for you g5000 I know the Bible, I live the Bible, and I can pound out the Bible verse for verse, ALL DAY LONG!
So can I. I read the bible every day. Which is why I slam the bigoted hypocrites who misuse and abuse it.

You should be slamming them, too.

I've seen these kind of people my whole life. These are the same type of people who used to use the Bible to justify segregation and slavery.

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

Letter to Dr. Laura

In the Torah, the primary toevah is avodah zara, foreign forms of worship, and most other toevot flow from it. The Israelites are instructed not to commit toevah because other nations do so. Deuteronomy 18:9-12 makes this quite clear:

When you come into the land that YHVH your God gives you, do not learn to do the toevot of those nations. Do not find among you one who passes his son or daughter through the fire; or a magician; or a fortune teller, charmer, or witch… because all who do these things are toevah to YHVH and because of these toevot YHVH your God is driving them out before you.

Elsewhere, Deuteronomy 7:25-26 commands:

[Y]ou shall burn the statues of their gods in fire. Do not desire the silver and gold on them and take it onto yourself, else you be snared by it, for it is a toevah to YHVH your God. And you shall not bring toevah to your home
What does your translation say about this verse?

Christians tell us that's no longer applicable.
Some so called Christians are ill-informed and have been taught by false prophets.

Matthew 5:
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus Himself stated that not one jot or tittle of the law shall pass away, until all if fulfilled, and that means, His return, not his resurrection.

Bigots In Mississippi Were Just Surprised With This Perfect Billboard

57040cb22e000064009507f9.jpeg

Earlier today, Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant signed a bill into law that may be the most intense anti-queer legislation to pass in America to date. According to Reuters, “the far-reaching law allows people with religious objections to deny wedding services to same-sex couples. It also clears the way for employers to cite religion in determining workplace policies on dress code, grooming and bathroom and locker access.”

In response, the non-profit organization Planting Peace purchased space on a giant electronic billboard in the Southern state to remind so-called Christians about the “golden rule” in a hilarious way.

The American Taliban (fringe-right Christian Evangelicals) need to be put down and shut down.
There wasnt anything funny here
No one got "owned"
Liberals think they're funny. They are. Just not the way they think they are.

In the Torah, the primary toevah is avodah zara, foreign forms of worship, and most other toevot flow from it. The Israelites are instructed not to commit toevah because other nations do so. Deuteronomy 18:9-12 makes this quite clear:

When you come into the land that YHVH your God gives you, do not learn to do the toevot of those nations. Do not find among you one who passes his son or daughter through the fire; or a magician; or a fortune teller, charmer, or witch… because all who do these things are toevah to YHVH and because of these toevot YHVH your God is driving them out before you.

Elsewhere, Deuteronomy 7:25-26 commands:

[Y]ou shall burn the statues of their gods in fire. Do not desire the silver and gold on them and take it onto yourself, else you be snared by it, for it is a toevah to YHVH your God. And you shall not bring toevah to your home
What does your translation say about this verse?

So we're following the OT again? When are you Christers gonna make up your minds on that?

Don't use God as your excuse to have contempt for LGBT, your whole trip is from a mistranslation of the word, "toevah". It doesn't mean "abomination". It means "taboo, foreign, other".
AGAIN, what does your translation say about this verse?

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US! For we are but ignorant gentiles.
Leviticus 11:9-12: Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat. But anything in the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is an abomination to you. They shall remain an abomination to you; of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall have in abomination. Everything in the waters that has not fins and scales is an abomination to you.

From the exact same book from which you just quoted, nascarfan.

Christian restaurants should not serve lobster!
I know the Bible in English, every version of it...I want Dhara 's translation to the verse I posted.

What does her translation say about this verse, this entire verse...I know she won't answer, because I already know the answer. I just wondered if she had the courage to state it, and live it, as a Jew.
The hypocrites are buffet style Christians. They use only those parts of the Bible which suit their political agenda.

We know this because they do not live by the WHOLE Bible which tells them divorce is evil in the sight of God. We know this because we don't see bakers and county clerks denying service to people who are remarrying.

The bible has a lot to say about hypocrites, too. A lot more than what it says about homosexuals.

God didn't even want to grant divorce for adultery. He let Moses talk him into that loophole.

That's how much God hates divorce.
I agree with all of that!

God doesn't say He hates homosexuals. He hates sin, and many sins are punishable by death.

God also said homosexuality is an abomination. Don't be using God to suit your agenda

Chapter and verse, please? Not Paul, God, thx.

The Bible is God's word, that shit won't fly....and it scares the crap out of homos for some reason, considering they don't even believe in God.

So all those gay churches are for what?

They are not following God's law, that's for sure

low me to very briefly use the Bible to smack these Bible thumpers, because Romans, Timothy and Corinthians — it does sound like an Italian leather bar — are not God or Jesus speaking. Those are all letters from the one and only St. Paul.

Now, Paul is a fascinating figure. Jesus is like this radical revolutionary liberal and Paul is his really conservative PR guy. Most of the sexual hang-ups of the New Testament come from Paul, who believed the world would end in his lifetime and generally thought people should be celibate like him.

Now Romans says, “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another.” Slam dunk for homophobes, right?

when you read what comes before, Paul’s talking in the past tense about God punishing Romans for worshiping Roman gods. How? By giving them up unto vile affections. They’re not hooking up with each other to spite God — God’s making them do it to punish them. In the fetish community, this is called “forced bi.” Or so I’ve read on Craigslist.

What’s more, if they’re changing their “natural use of the woman” to burn in lust for each other, where’s the gay part come in, homophobes? They’re not gay guys: They’re straight guys hooking up with other straight guys. Also very common on Craigslist, or so I’m told.

John Fugelsang: Why the New Testament doesn’t condemn gay people

1 Corinthians 7:10-11:

To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

low me to very briefly use the Bible to smack these Bible thumpers, because Romans, Timothy and Corinthians — it does sound like an Italian leather bar — are not God or Jesus speaking. Those are all letters from the one and only St. Paul.

Now, Paul is a fascinating figure. Jesus is like this radical revolutionary liberal and Paul is his really conservative PR guy. Most of the sexual hang-ups of the New Testament come from Paul, who believed the world would end in his lifetime and generally thought people should be celibate like him.

Now Romans says, “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another.” Slam dunk for homophobes, right?

when you read what comes before, Paul’s talking in the past tense about God punishing Romans for worshiping Roman gods. How? By giving them up unto vile affections. They’re not hooking up with each other to spite God — God’s making them do it to punish them. In the fetish community, this is called “forced bi.” Or so I’ve read on Craigslist.

What’s more, if they’re changing their “natural use of the woman” to burn in lust for each other, where’s the gay part come in, homophobes? They’re not gay guys: They’re straight guys hooking up with other straight guys. Also very common on Craigslist, or so I’m told.

John Fugelsang: Why the New Testament doesn’t condemn gay people
What theological institute did you graduate from, again?

God also said homosexuality is an abomination. Don't be using God to suit your agenda

Chapter and verse, please? Not Paul, God, thx.

The Bible is God's word, that shit won't fly....and it scares the crap out of homos for some reason, considering they don't even believe in God.

So all those gay churches are for what?

They are not following God's law, that's for sure

You claimed gays don't believe in god. They do. Who said they aren't following the 10 commandments? Those are god's law, right?

Forum List

Back