Bill Barr's DOJ changed the rules to allow election interference and investigations

Oh right, I'm sure you objected to palousey bringing up the 25th Amendment to try to effect the election, RIGHT??????????? You commies are a total waste of oxygen.

The drugs Trump is on for COVID-19, are known to cause dementia, mental changes, and emotional changes.

You don't need a law degree to be appointed to Supreme Court.
You don't have to be a US citizen, nor do you need to know how to read.

What is your point?

It's assumed the senates role in "advice and consent" means a justice will have knowledge, experience, and the temperament to be on the court.

At least when the democrats controlled. Republicans threw all that out, in favor of ideology. As was posted.

Yes, I am positive that a person like you would be happy with destroying the Judicial system.

The republicans deliberately kept a supreme court seat VACANT for 400 days.

That tied up the justice system with 4-4 ties.

Yes, and I wasn't happy with that either, however, that is totally different than packing the court with 8, 10, 12 more Justices in the attempt to gain absolute one party power indefinately....

Good for him....I hope he follows through...It's bull shit that you want to be able to fraud the vote with impugnity....

Translation - Fine with me if Donald wants to cheat to win!

Oh right, I'm sure you objected to palousey bringing up the 25th Amendment to try to effect the election, RIGHT??????????? You commies are a total waste of oxygen.

The 25th should be invoked immediately. Our president is NOT well.
You nutbags are comical.

Yes, there may have been one or two if you get in the Wayback Machine.

Do you have to be a lawyer or attend law school to be a Supreme Court Justice? The Constitution does not specify qualifications for Justices such as age, education, profession, or native-born citizenship. A Justice does not have to be a lawyer or a law school graduate, but all Justices have been trained in the law.

What is your point?

It's assumed the senates role in "advice and consent" means a justice will have knowledge, experience, and the temperament to be on the court.

At least when the democrats controlled. Republicans threw all that out, in favor of ideology. As was posted.

Oh, so when Democrats were in power to make the choice they advanced middle of the road Justices that would follow the Constitution to the letter eh?

Oh, so when Democrats were in power to make the choice they advanced middle of the road Justices that would follow the Constitution to the letter eh?
They put justices in that were so well qualified in the law, that even republicans nearly unanimously voted for them.

Democrats got justices with 90 or more votes in the senate.

Like Ginsburg 96 to 3, including a super majority of republicans.

Ginsburg, Ruth Bader
vert_content_break.gif
White
vert_content_break.gif
Jun 22, 1993
vert_content_break.gif
96-3 No. 232
vert_content_break.gif
C
vert_content_break.gif
Aug 3, 1993

What is your point?

Oh. For sure. Democrats never appoint justices according to ideology, huh. You creatures are hilarious.

With all this cheating going on from the HIGHEST levels of Government, the actual White House, it will be a thing to see how badly they lose IN SPITE of their wickedness.

I really hope so...I've never seen such corruption of our normally non-political institutions in my life time. If the only thing a Biden win accomplishes is the cleaning up and de-politicizing, and the restoring of norms, rules of behavior...it will be more than enough.

I guess you missed holder saying he was maobamas wing man.

The drugs Trump is on for COVID-19, are known to cause dementia, mental changes, and emotional changes.

Oh stop....That's just ridiculous.

Trump is also on a drug BANNED by the Olympics.

So? If his doc proscribed it, that is between him and his doc....

They put justices in that were so well qualified in the law, that even republicans nearly unanimously voted for them.

Ginsburg, Ruth Bader
vert_content_break.gif
White
vert_content_break.gif
Jun 22, 1993
vert_content_break.gif
96-3 No. 232
vert_content_break.gif
C
vert_content_break.gif
Aug 3, 1993
That proves Republicans aren't ideologically opposed to someone who is qualified. Is Amy Barrett qualified?

Ginsburg, Ruth Bader
vert_content_break.gif
White
vert_content_break.gif
Jun 22, 1993
vert_content_break.gif
96-3 No. 232
vert_content_break.gif
C
vert_content_break.gif
Aug 3, 1993

Obfuscation....I was specific...And you dodged, because you know that Democrat's nominated ideological Justices.

I really hope so...I've never seen such corruption of our normally non-political institutions in my life time. If the only thing a Biden win accomplishes is the cleaning up and de-politicizing, and the restoring of norms, rules of behavior...it will be more than enough.
Cleaning up Trump's filthy swamp.

To me, if they pack the court w/10 or more SCOTUS I'd be ecstatic.

Be careful what you wish for, that door can swing both ways.

Cleaning up Trump's filthy swamp.

To me, if they pack the court w/10 or more SCOTUS I'd be ecstatic.

I'm extremely conflicted on that frankly. I'm so angry at what McConnell did, denying Obama his right to fill a vacancy, then flipping it around in 2020 that I want to say - why SHOULDN'T the Dems do this? Y'all started a precedent of upping the ante you deserve the fall out from it. But the thing is, I don't think it's good for the country. Very conflicted.

No president has the right to fill a vacancy without the consent of the senate.

That proves Republicans aren't ideologically opposed to someone who is qualified. Is Amy Barrett qualified?
Nobody is saying she isn't qualified. They're saying that the McConnell rule, where the people get a voice through their votes in a presidential election year should be followed.

Forum List

Back