🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bill Cosby

First off all you asked where did I that statistic from.. I never presented a statistic. I simply stated that women today often falsely accuse men of rape. I didn't say that the majority of rape accusations are false accusations. Would you agree that there are more false accusations nowadays, as opposed to let's say 20 or 30 years ago? It's a cultural observation.

You can say I made a claim, fair enough. It would be difficult to prove with statistics. You however mad a counter claim...no? I'm not saying you're exactly wrong, but it would be interesting seeing what statistics you're basing you're conclusion on.

For you to get all personal and talk about how you're an attorney and I'm a nobody without even getting to know me is kind of lame. I think you'r way too emotional to have a rational discussion about this topic by evidence of your meltdown.

I'm not having a meltdown. I'm new here, and from my observations, people here are pretty nasty so I decided I'd jump in with both feet and express myself exactly how I feel, and it makes me literally ill to hear people - especially men - minimize the seriousness of violence against women and children and write it off as false allegations, when there is no credible evidence to support that - especially because most of them, not sure if that's you, are basing their information on TV procedurals and Faux News reporting.

First you said women accuse men falsely ON A REGULAR BASIS. I poop on a regular basis, which is daily. What does 'regular' mean to you?

Next you said, 'women often falsely accuse men'. I often want ice cream, maybe 2-3 times per week.
What does 'often' mean to you?

You're proving my point; people making 'cultural observations' with zero defined parameters and spouting it on the internet and out in conversation with peers is why we still have so much dysfunction with regard to getting justice for rape victims. Lots of gutless prosecutors dump the cases entirely, because they don't want to deal with all the prejudices jurors bring into the box on these issues. And far too many of them care only about their conviction 'rate', and it's statistically true that rape/sexual assault/molestation cases have a 50 % acquittal rate, because of the prejudices of jurors.

There HAS been voluminous research; I don't have it at my fingertips because I'm working at home today, but if you are TRULY interested, I'll post tomorrow or this weekend with some sources you can check out. But beware! Anything you want to understand truly requires more reading than a few sentences in an internet forum post.

From a gut level, it seems obvious to me that there would be fewer false allegations of rape today in our society than in the past - because women are free to be sexually active and an unplanned pregnancy doesn't carry with it the shameful stigma of yesteryear, when some women cried 'rape' to protect themselves from the wrath of parents or spouses.

I didn't say fuck even once in this post, except now to illustrate the point. Believe me, if you had sat in rooms with sexual assault victims as often as I have - if you had held an 8 year old's hand while leading her up to the witness stand so she could tell a packed courtroom of strangers how her stepfather raped her, while he stared at her the entire time from just a few feet away - if you had listened to rape victims sitting in your office agonizing over whether they wanted to take a 50/50 chance with a jury when their rapist is the star football player on the local college team, but feeling guilty that if they didn't, he'd be free to do it again and again and again (most sexual predators have dozens of victims over a lifetime, it's not a 'one time' behavior) - well, you'd understand my frustration and justified anger.

YOU and your totally uneducated attitudes are part of the problem, whether you want to admit it or not.

Meanwhile, back at the proverbial ranch..I am beginning to think ol Cosby did indeed have a dark side. Problem is...there is no proof. Their word against his. And they waited too damn long.

I don't know what to make of it. If you get raped, you go to the cops, the next day at the latest. On the other hand, the Coz isn't acting like an innocent man, or he's succumb to mental deterioration and can't defend himself. Either way, it's too late.

Oh really? When were you raped? How old were you? Who was the perpetrator - a friend or family member? (That's much more common than stranger rape, you know.)

What was your experience with telling your story to law enforcement? Were you questioned about your own behavior and what you'd done to invite your rapist to rape you? Was your rapist ever charged? Was your rapist brought to trial? Was your rapist convicted?

If you don't have answers to any of these questions, then FUCK YOU. You have NO right to judge victims of rape and pronounce from behind your computer screen how they should behave, when they should report, etc. You're just another asshole.
Fuck you, asshole. I didn't judge anyone. Get your head out of your cvnt. If you don't report the rape don't bitch about it in public 30 years later, just keep the secret.

I don't know what to make of it. If you get raped, you go to the cops, the next day at the latest. On the other hand, the Coz isn't acting like an innocent man, or he's succumb to mental deterioration and can't defend himself. Either way, it's too late.

Oh really? When were you raped? How old were you? Who was the perpetrator - a friend or family member? (That's much more common than stranger rape, you know.)

What was your experience with telling your story to law enforcement? Were you questioned about your own behavior and what you'd done to invite your rapist to rape you? Was your rapist ever charged? Was your rapist brought to trial? Was your rapist convicted?

If you don't have answers to any of these questions, then FUCK YOU. You have NO right to judge victims of rape and pronounce from behind your computer screen how they should behave, when they should report, etc. You're just another asshole.
Fuck you, asshole. I didn't judge anyone. Get your head out of your cvnt. If you don't report the rape don't bitch about it in public 30 years later, just keep the secret.

:rolleyes:

So...why did all these women wait so long? Something is very wrong with this. Did Bill piss off enough people telling black folks to pull their pants up, stop cussing, get a job, take care of their baby mama's and children, and this is paybacks or something?

Or..is he guilty as hell? And if so..again..why did they wait so long to report it?

They waited for the same reason some women never speak up - the shame, the fear, and the belief that no one will believe them. If they were children, they will think that they won't be believed because its a child's word against an adults - and if that adult is someone in the public eye, they are even less likely to come forward, because such allegations will make the media, and fans of said person in public eye, and the media, will delve into the accusers past and ruin them.
There is safety in numbers - they came forward as a group, one after another. This is a form of protection.

I believe them.

I'm beginning to. Smoke=Fire. But...I still think it chickenshit to wait so long to speak up. I woulda been picketing his shows out front with a HUGE sign...I would have approached every news source I could find..and I would have hired a lawyer to make damn sure he was busted. I would NOT have waited 30 fucking years...alone or not.

I'm not the defender of rapists, YOU are - which makes YOU the asshole. And a monster. And yes, saying 'If you get raped, you go to the cops, the next day at the latest.' is judging victims of rape. Duh!

So, please go fuck yourself, asshole. After all, I've asked you nicely.

:finger3:

They waited for the same reason some women never speak up - the shame, the fear, and the belief that no one will believe them. If they were children, they will think that they won't be believed because its a child's word against an adults - and if that adult is someone in the public eye, they are even less likely to come forward, because such allegations will make the media, and fans of said person in public eye, and the media, will delve into the accusers past and ruin them.
There is safety in numbers - they came forward as a group, one after another. This is a form of protection.

I believe them.
I don't know if it's true or not but why do you say none of them felt they would be believed? I think it had more to do with hush money.

I'm not the defender of rapists, YOU are - which makes YOU the asshole. And a monster. And yes, saying 'If you get raped, you go to the cops, the next day at the latest.' is judging victims of rape.

I did NOT defend Cosby. And I did NOT judge the women. I said it was probably more about being paid to stay silent. If so, that makes Cosby guilty. And I said I didn't like his response if he was innocent.

Wow skygal. Calm down.

No, I won't. If there was ever a subject to get angry and vocal about, it's sexual violence against women, children and men.

WAY more worthwhile to get angry and vocal about than some of the ridiculous crap you vent about here - I've been reading the boards since July, I've seen what YOU think is worth being 'un-calm' about.

I'm not the defender of rapists, YOU are - which makes YOU the asshole. And a monster. And yes, saying 'If you get raped, you go to the cops, the next day at the latest.' is judging victims of rape.

I did NOT defend Cosby. And I did NOT judge the women. I said it was probably more about being paid to stay silent. If so, that makes Cosby guilty. And I said I didn't like his response if he was innocent.

Bullshit!

What is this: 'If you get raped, you go to the cops, the next day at the latest.' ???????????????

Do you think that is a neutral statement? If so, you're an idiot who didn't pay attention in school.

It's a judgmental statement and a very nasty one, at that.

Next time somebody walks into my office and says, I'd like to report the theft of _________ from my business/home/yard last week, how about I tell them, go fuck yourself, you're obviously lying, because you didn't report it the next day at latest.

Nice attempt to backtrack from your own assertions, though.

Wow skygal. Calm down.

No, I won't. If there was ever a subject to get angry and vocal about, it's sexual violence against women, children and men.

WAY more worthwhile to get angry and vocal about than some of the ridiculous crap you vent about here - I've been reading the boards since July, I've seen what YOU think is worth being 'un-calm' about.
I don't see anyone supporting violence against women or children. If Cosby is guilty I wish someone would have gone to the cops, he got arrested and was still in jail.

Bullshit!

What is this: 'If you get raped, you go to the cops, the next day at the latest.' ???????????????

Do you think that is a neutral statement? If so, you're an idiot who didn't pay attention in school.

It's a judgmental statement and a very nasty one, at that.

Next time somebody walks into my office and says, I'd like to report the theft of _________ from my business/home/yard last week, how about I tell them, go fuck yourself, you're obviously lying, because you didn't report it the next day at latest.

Nice attempt to backtrack from your own assertions, though.
I was speaking about people that wanted to do something about the problem. Who reports a theft from last week? I think you're over the edge here.

I don't care who accuses whom of what. Those women need to PROVE it. Kinda hard to do so many years later, ain't it.

No, it's the same as if it happened yesterday in a great many ways.

Contrary to the 'informed' opinions of most folks who get their knowledge from CSI, L&O SVU, etc., the great majority of sex crimes do not provide DNA evidence. It comes downs to the credibility of the victim, and many states have laws specifically addressing the lack of physical evidence in such crimes that provide instruction to the jury: 'If you believe the testimony of the victim, that ALONE is sufficient evidence upon which to convict.'

There is plentiful research out there on delayed outcry, and plenty of good expert witnesses who can educate jurors about why it happens in MOST molestation cases, and many rape cases, too. A good prosecutor - or a good plaintiff's civil attorney - has at least a 50% chance, if not better, of proving a case no matter how many years have passed.

Delayed outcry is the very reason so many jurisdictions have passed laws that set the statute of limitations several years after a child victim turns 18; in my state, criminal prosecution can occur up to 10 years after victims reach the age of majority, even if the acts occured when they were 3 or 4 years old.

Some have suggested that rape should have no statute of limitations, just like murder. I don't disagree, especially given the backlog - tens of thousands of untested rape kits across the country, where DNA would likely point to a perp already in the system - within the criminal justice system, which is chronically and dangerously underfunded.

Last edited:
I was speaking about people that wanted to do something about the problem. Who reports a theft from last week? I think you're over the edge here.

WHAT? What are YOU smoking???

I've had dozens of theft cases that were reported long after the theft - some folks only look in their garage or storage shed once a month, if that. In smaller communities, some folks don't know they've been robbed until a friend calls and says, hey, I think I saw your roto-tiller that I borrowed once for sale at the pawn shop.

You really know nothing about crime in the real world, right? Get all your expertise from CSI?

No offense, BigSkyGal...but you would get your point across much better not ranting and using "fuck" every other fucking word, know what I fucking mean?
You are passionate about this and I understand that. I do.

Janice stepped forward after the other ones did..I think. But Janice has a mouth on her that would put a sailor to shame and she is NOT a timid woman. Why now? After all this time? I think her claim is bogus. But like I said...not sure about the other women claiming this. Problem is, I have a problem with those who speak up 18 years later. Makes me suspicious of motives and agendas.

One claimed that she didn't report the two incidents she claimed happened because nobody would have acted against Cosby.

Hmmmmm, it was 1969 and no law enforcement officers would arrest a BLACK MAN......

In 1969?

How dumb does she think people are?

Remember Mohammed Ali?????

So you really have no idea how a woman reporting a sex crime or harassment was treated in 1969?

Seriously, educate yourself. I'll give you a hint. The saying among women was "Unless you're a 90-year-old nun with bruises, don't bother."

That is, the woman would always either be called a liar or blamed for it. And that would just be the police. Black, white, it didn't matter.

Forum List

Back