Bill Maher to tea partiers: The Founding Fathers would’ve hated your guts

Why are the founding fathers of this nation mythologized; romanticized; thought of as gods?

B/c they did what they did knowing that if we lost the Revolution, they would have been hung by the neck until dead.

You got a better reason to look up to a small group of people?

Why are the founding fathers of this nation mythologized; romanticized; thought of as gods?

We seem to have done that for a Congresswoman in just the last week. I don't think any of your suppositions hold true for me. I do however, have a great deal of respect for their ability to create the foundation for a government that has become the best in the world.

So, if I understand this correctly, a comedian has become the oracle of Democratic thought. Sort of makes sense, seeing as Democrats are a joke.

The fact your founding fathers supported individual liberty...they didn't,,,,
Ummm...yes, they did. You might want to read our Constitution, although a guy who lives in a monarchy might have a tough time understanding it. If you have any questions, let us know.

A quick lesson for you Dave.

You know "We the people" - the part that starts you constitution. That's where it falls over right there. When they were talking about "we the people". who exactly were they talking about?

Elvis talks about slaves as does Fitnah. I'll go one step further. When you say they were talking about individual freedom and we the people were they referring to:
1) Slaves? No
2) Women? Nope
3) Non land owners? Nada
4) Soldiers/militia? Nope

They were talking about the land-owning elite. So your constitution starts and stops at the first three words. You are of the mistaken belief that when the document was put together they were referring to all citizenry of the colonies. Clearly they weren't. Unless you believe that in order to be a full citizen of the US you shouldn't have voting rights, which means no representation at a political level. You Ok with that.
Do keep up. The FF also designed a means of changing the document. If they intended the original to be in force for eternity, they wouldn't have included the amendment process, would they?
BTW, the Queen is our head of state. Please tell me what rights you have that I don't. What can you do, that I can't....take your time....
Currently, none. However, your bill of rights wasn't codified until 1990. :lol:

It's tough to say they did when many of them were slave owners.
Indeed. Luckily, the document they wrote specified a means both for altering it when required and for creating new laws. Thanks to their efforts, slavery is no longer legal.

Funny how everyone's got their panties in a wad about the FF, but no one's batting an eye about Statists not supporting individual liberty. :lol:

1) Name a so-called statist on this board
2) Then tell me how said person does not support individual liberty
3) While you're at it, explain what you think individual liberty is.
1. Synthaholic, for one.
2. He wants big nanny state government to make all his decisions for him: Heath care, wages, what he's exposed to in the media.
3. Individual liberty is the freedom of the individual person to do as he pleases, restricted only where his rights interfere with the rights of others.

B/c they did what they did knowing that if we lost the Revolution, they would have been hung by the neck until dead.

You got a better reason to look up to a small group of people?

Yes many actually.

The same could be said for COMMUNISTS who sought to overthrow the CZAR.

Do you admire them, too?

Of course not.

So perhaps, just perhaps, there must be more to it that merely they were committed to a cause, eh?

As usual, to ALL the uninformed liberals!!! LMAO!!!!

**Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

WOW sarah sounds like a saint compared to him, but hey he is a liberal so it is ok.

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“

WOW sarah sounds like a saint compared to him, but hey he is a liberal so it is ok.

:eusa_shhh:
they don't want to be reminded of all that.

If by private sector you mean BP who caused a massive oil spill, caused thousands of Americans to lose their jobs, and even more that lost that lost a lot of their income. And BP wasn't doing a thing to clean it up or fix it?

I just wished he actually kicked some of those people's asses who did that to the gulf coast region.

Now, I want you teabaggers out there to understand one thing: while you idolize the Founding Fathers and dress up like them, and smell like them, I think it’s pretty clear that the Founding Fathers would have hated your guts. And what’s more, you would’ve hated them. They were everything you despise. They studied science, read Plato, hung out in Paris, and thought the Bible was mostly bullshit.

:clap2:

Now, I want you teabaggers out there to understand one thing: while you idolize the Founding Fathers and dress up like them, and smell like them, I think it’s pretty clear that the Founding Fathers would have hated your guts. And what’s more, you would’ve hated them. They were everything you despise. They studied science, read Plato, hung out in Paris, and thought the Bible was mostly bullshit.

wow, that was sooooooooooooooo "CIVIL" no wonder you would applaud it.

Applauding someone who echoes your own bigotry. Typical.

It's always funny when a living person decides to speak on behalf of individuals who, while they may have died long ago, their words, their spirit, their courage and their politics will outlive us all.

Bill can, respectfully, go fuck himself.

Kind of like Tea-Partiers claiming to be "honoring" the spirit of those dead people?

I'm no Bill Maher fan, but I honestly think that since not a single Founding Father is alive today, any review of their words is just an interpretation of what they meant. People who claim to be constitutional conservatives are just translating the words with their own personal bias, just as liberals do the same when they say the constitution is a "living" document.

It takes audacity for Tea-Partiers to maintain that they are somehow the modern-day embodiment of the Founding Fathers.

The Founding Fathers' words may outlive us all, but those words are only as good as how people read them. In that regard, I believe (and at the risk of sounding like I speak on behalf of the Founding Fathers) the Founding Fathers would be scratching their heads at this whole mess, as a continuation of a plethora of twists and turns of a country nothing like they envisioned.

Applauding someone who echoes your own bigotry. Typical.

Once again Mr Maher is spot on with his analysis..

The founding fathers would have been repulsed by the tea baggers

The tea baggers would have been repulsed by the ideals of the founding fathers

Forum List

Back