Bill Richardson - Sen Ted Cruz "No, I don’t think he should be defined as a Hispanic"

Rafael was born & lived the first 4 years of his life in North Mexico (Canada)

Said this on another thread. Doesn't Richardson realize that the position on domestic immigration taken by Cruz is more in line with the position on domestic immigration taken by Hispanic leaders throughout Central and South America vs. the position Richardson takes on domestic immigration.

Perhaps Richardson needs to question whether he himself is Hispanic (....based on his own criteria).

OR.......perhaps today's liberals feel entitled to assess ones own race depending on adherence to the Liberal Agenda. Wow! Determining race.

(My bold)

Nah, Cruz is Hispanic, Richardson is Hispanic. Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race - it's a cultural affiliation. There are Black US citizens, Jewish, Native Peoples, Caucasian, & on & on. & so for Hispanic - there are Blacks, Jews, of Arab, Chinese, Japanese descent, & lots more Native Peoples. It's all good.

Hispanic only seems to be used in the US. Elsewhere, people are Mexican, Peruvian, Chilean, etc.

I'm still looking for proof that he is not the demon seed of Joe McCarthy

mccarthy-cruz.jpg

Last edited:
Rafael was born outside the US. His father was from communist Cuba which makes Rafael a Castro communist. And he has only served for less than one year in the US Senate. And he has never held a real job, never owned a business, never worked for a private business.

We need to see his college records to see if he was an affirmative action student and if he claimed Cuba or Canada as his home country.

Really, never had a real job, REALLY?

From his bio.

In private practice in Houston, Ted spent five years as a partner at one of the nation’s largest law firms, where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national Appellate Litigation practice.

Ted has authored more than 80 U.S. Supreme Court briefs and argued 43 oral arguments, including nine before the U.S. Supreme Court.

That's not a real job?

No more special than a lawyer who is a community organizer.

Rafael's never had executive experience. Never owned a business.

We need to see his college records to see if he claimed to be Canadian or Cuban.

His birth certificate shows he was born in Canada and that his dad was a Cuban. Therefore, he can't be President.

It's shit like this that makes it damn near impossible to carry on a meaningful conversation with a lib.
They want to take an obvious truth and deny it.

Rafael was born outside the US, folks. His presidential aspirations are a non-starter right there. Amiright, birthers?

You know I am. Just ask Donald Trump if you don't believe me.

Did Rafael claim to be from Canada or Cuba when he went to college? We need to see those records!

Last edited:
Rafael was born outside the US. His father was from communist Cuba which makes Rafael a Castro communist. And he has only served for less than one year in the US Senate. And he has never held a real job, never owned a business, never worked for a private business.

We need to see his college records to see if he was an affirmative action student and if he claimed Cuba or Canada as his home country.

Cruz is ...cuban? :doubt:

Rafael was born outside the US, folks. His presidential aspirations are a non-starter right there. Amiright, birthers?

You know I am. Just ask Donald Trump if you don't believe me.

Did Rafael claim to be from Canada or Cuba when he went to college? We need to see those records!

what on earth are you talking about? :eusa_eh:

Just as Condi Rice and Justice Thomas aren't Black enough, now the left is saying Sen. Ted Cruz isn't Hispanic enough simply because of his Politics.

ABC: Former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson joined ABC News for a web interview after his appearance on the “This Week” roundtable on Sunday, answering viewer questions about his time as governor, his experience meeting with the Taliban, and his thoughts on Korean ruler Kim Jong-Un. When asked about Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, Richardson expressed his distaste for the senator.

“I’m not a fan. I know [Ted Cruz is] sort of the Republican latest flavor. He’s articulate. He seems to be charismatic, but I don’t like his politics. I think he introduces a measure of incivility in the political process. Insulting people is not the way to go. But I guess he’s a force in the Republican political system, but I’m not a fan.”

ABC News: Do you think he represents most Hispanics with his politics?

“No, no. He’s anti-immigration. Almost every Hispanic in the country wants to see immigration reform. No, I don’t think he should be defined as a Hispanic. He’s a politician from Texas. A conservative state. And I respect Texas’ choice. But what I don’t like is… when you try to get things done, it’s okay to be strong and state your views, your ideology. But I’ve seen him demean the office, be rude to other senators, not be part of, I think, the civility that is really needed in Washington.”
5 May 2013, 1:28 PM PDT

thats ridiculous...but it will be another non story, pre-qualified redemption for making tasteless comments vis a vis a conservative/gop .......

So if you are on the right, no matter what your real race or sex is, you are a gun toting, white racist, male chauvinist, jerk.

Got it.

I will have to see his long form birth certificate before I will accept him as hispanic

as soon as you show us your psychiatric ward discharge papers....fair exchange , eh?

I see you really don't want to address the comment that Richardson made, thats to tough for you.....

ABC News: Do you think he represents most Hispanics with his politics?

“No, no. He’s anti-immigration. Almost every Hispanic in the country wants to see immigration reform. No, I don’t think he should be defined as a Hispanic. He’s a politician from Texas.

Wait a freakin' minute here.

Richardson is saying Cruz shouldn't be defined as Hispanic because of his opinion of immigration? Am I reading that right?

So now the Left is defining ethnicity by whether a person agrees with them on something? Actual ethnicity takes a back seat to opinion on an issue?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

They always do this. They call us racist for opposing govt programs....and if blacks oppose them....theyre not black.. so in order to be black you have to agree with democrats.....its funny and sad they think this

Richardson aint even a full blood Mexican for christ sakes.....many a Mexican here would not consider him "one of them"....

Best post of the thread!!

Love it!!

According to the bigoted left wing doctrine, conservative Blacks aren't really Black and likewise for Hispanics.

Being a partner in a law firm means you are part owner, so yep he did own a business.

Unless he was a managing partner, which he does not appear to have been, it doesn't count as business experience. But that was some nice puffing of his resume you did there.

Wait a freakin' minute here.

Richardson is saying Cruz shouldn't be defined as Hispanic because of his opinion of immigration? Am I reading that right?

So now the Left is defining ethnicity by whether a person agrees with them on something? Actual ethnicity takes a back seat to opinion on an issue?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

Wrong. Bill Richardson speaks for Bill Richardson. He doesn't speak for "the left" as is we are a monolithic group who all walk in lock step with one another.

In fact, this "left" thinks Richardson is pretty smary and an idiot. See how that free thinking thingy works? You should try it some time.

Forum List

Back