Bill would require all SD citizens to buy a gun

In the End, the State should not have the Power to force you to own a Gun. Reason should prevail.

In the End, the State should not have the Power to force you to own a Gun. Reason should prevail.

In the end, the Constitution defines enumerated and limited powers for the federal government; and does not prevent the states from doing what SD has done. The real question is what is in the SD constitution.

If I was wrong YOU wouldn't have to put YOUR WORDS in my posts!!!
The words I added to your posts made them accurate, so that they were worth a response - its not MY fault you don't know what you're talking about.
A typical CON$ervoFascist rationalization, it's not YOUR fault YOU altered my posts. :cuckoo:

Oh, sack up. It's quite common here to embolden part of a quote in order to provide context for a response.

The words I added to your posts made them accurate, so that they were worth a response - its not MY fault you don't know what you're talking about.
A typical CON$ervoFascist rationalization, it's not YOUR fault YOU altered my posts. :cuckoo:

Oh, sack up. It's quite common here to embolden part of a quote in order to provide context for a response.
Typical CON$ervative Dunb Act.

The words he emboldened were not in my post. They are HIS words HE added to my post. It's observational skills like yours that make you a CON$ervative.

I see that your education also did not include reading comprehension.
Either that or you're willfully ignorant. You choose.

Either way:
My statement stands - your citation is meaningless as it no way supports the argument that the federal government has the power to require vaccinations.

Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun
Five South Dakota lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require any adult 21 or older to buy a firearm “sufficient to provide for their ordinary self-defense.”
Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun | The Argus Leader | argusleader.com

:clap2:

Good for the goose, good for the gander.
Saw this yesterday and was going to post on it but ran out of time.

STILL laughing my ass off.

Now precedent is being established on why Obamacare is unconstitutional.

Typical CON$ervative Dunb Act.

The words he emboldened were not in my post. They are HIS words HE added to my post.
Yes - I corrected the errors in your psots in order to create something worthy of response.
:shrug:

Well THAT runs contrary to liberal thought. That's all emotion and utopian desires that can't exist in reality, best summed up in this little rabbit turd of 'wisdumb':

"Most look at the world as it is and say 'why'? I look at the world as it could be and say 'why not'?"

Answer, because if it COULD BE, it would have been already.

Stop being wrong.

The correct measure would to be to point out the problem with a Quote in your own Post, without Altering it. Inside of the Quote Box it is protected, as are yours. ;)

In the end, the Constitution defines enumerated and limited powers for the federal government; and does not prevent the states from doing what SD has done. The real question is what is in the SD constitution.
This is, of course, true.

Never mind that the federal government -certainly- has the power to require everyone to own a gun. You might argue that this violates the 2nd amendment, in that the state cannot force you to exercise a right, but as far as the power to do so, it is unquestionably there.

Of course "the state cannot force you to exercise a right" argument would then apply to The Obama's insurance mandate.

Never mind that the federal government -certainly- has the power to require everyone to own a gun. You might argue that this violates the 2nd amendment, in that the state cannot force you to exercise a right, but as far as the power to do so, it is unquestionably there.

Of course "the state cannot force you to exercise a right" argument would then apply to The Obama's insurance mandate.

You are wrong because I like Obama and guns are the devil.

The correct measure would to be to point out the problem with a Quote in your own Post, without Altering it. Inside of the Quote Box it is protected, as are yours. ;)
Um, sure. Thanks. :shrug:

You'll forgive me for trying to help out someone that doesn't have the slightest idea of what he's talking about.

Sadly, that's the best counter-argument in this topic so far...
:clap2:

Well THAT runs contrary to liberal thought. That's all emotion and utopian desires that can't exist in reality, best summed up in this little rabbit turd of 'wisdumb':

"Most look at the world as it is and say 'why'? I look at the world as it could be and say 'why not'?"

Answer, because if it COULD BE, it would have been already.

I think there are new ways of seeing things everyday. New thinngs still need to be explored and tested. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. That said, The Government has the right to compel certain behavior, not all. You should not be forced to buy a Gun, Insurance, or a Chevy, just because the Government feels you should.

143e3a38-adae-45fe-bf82-07e6b702db70.jpg

I believe that sums it up with the same quality of logic. ;)

Exactly. ;) I don't own a gun, yet I place high value on Your and My Right to own one. I support Rational Legislation that would disqualify a Person from owning one based on Criminal and Mental Health History.

So you're saying the government cannot force me to purchase AND carry a firearm, but they can force me to purchase health insurance?

Sorry, I don't see where that power shows up under the constitution.

The funny thing is... that SD technically COULD do something like this because of the 10th Amendment. The same way Massoftwoshits created universal health care.

So you're saying the government cannot force me to purchase AND carry a firearm, but they can force me to purchase health insurance?

Sorry, I don't see where that power shows up under the constitution.

The funny thing is... that SD technically COULD do something like this because of the 10th Amendment. The same way Massoftwoshits created universal health care.

Me? Not at all. The Government should not be able to force you to act against your belief.

Me? Not at all. The Government should not be able to force you to act against your belief.

Of course they shouldn't. However, the State governments have much broader powers than the Feds. However, just because they can do something doesn't mean they should. Which is why the states don't for the most part.

Forum List

Back