Billionaire EXECUTED for Bank Fraud

Well, the point is that this is a wake up call to the King Louis the XIV crowd, and the Marie Antoinettes.

It smacks of the French Revolution. Just a mumur, a wisp of smoke on the horizon now. But don't think its impact on the rich is any less. This shook their shit up I can guarantee you. Even in Iran money trumps principles...until this...

Reasoned response, but I disagree that the top tax bracket is already taxed "liberally" on income. That is simply not historically accurate.
taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm

The top 1% continues to grow at higher rates than the rest of the country, and now they own the Republican economic policy, as Republicans have proven multiple times taxes on the middle and lower classes are just fine with them. Taxes increases on the lower 90% are something the Democrats need to use political capital against to avoid. (please see payroll tax cut)
The top one percent growing has nothing to do with their tax rate. The fact is that they do pay a higher tax rate, I don't know what planet you were historically referring to. The Republicans haven't been in power for a while now, you know have a clue what's going on.

"Nothing to do with tax rate"? The top 1% has not grown at this rate since Hoover.

Republicans owned Congress the last four years. Do you understand the legislative branch of our government and what they do?

Reasoned response, but I disagree that the top tax bracket is already taxed "liberally" on income. That is simply not historically accurate.

The top 1% continues to grow at higher rates than the rest of the country, and now they own the Republican economic policy, as Republicans have proven multiple times taxes on the middle and lower classes are just fine with them. Taxes increases on the lower 90% are something the Democrats need to use political capital against to avoid. (please see payroll tax cut)
The top one percent growing has nothing to do with their tax rate. The fact is that they do pay a higher tax rate, I don't know what planet you were historically referring to. The Republicans haven't been in power for a while now, you know have a clue what's going on.

"Nothing to do with tax rate"? The top 1% has not grown at this rate since Hoover.

Republicans owned Congress the last four years. Do you understand the legislative branch of our government and what they do?

This is why Citizen's United is so damaging. It's like the Supreme Court just said "fuck it, industry moguls already own Congress and every high branch of government there is so we might as well just make it official."

Which country are you talking about? Republicans have had the House since 2010 but not the Senate. Do understand what Congress is? And how are Republicans responsible for the growth of the 1 percenters? You are shooting from the hip.

And how are Republicans responsible for the growth of the 1 percenters?

Every ounce of Republicans political capital is protecting tax rates of the rich and super rich, despite income taxes being historically low and the percentage of wealth owned by the rich and super rich being historically high and rising every year.

It is pure madness to not compromise.

And how are Republicans responsible for the growth of the 1 percenters?

Every ounce of Republicans political capital is protecting tax rates of the rich and super rich, despite income taxes being historically low and the percentage of wealth owned by the rich and super rich being historically high and rising every year.

It is pure madness to not compromise.
You didn't answer the question. I didn't think you could, since they haven't been in power for a while. It's pure madness to blame the other guy.

So you blame Obama for the historically low tax rates on the wealthy? All i can say is that we are so far apart it is pretty clear this conversation will go nowhere.

And as one final FYI - Only members of the House may introduce bills that deal with taxes or spending.

Forum List

Back