Black artists are bringing some good mojo into country music.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Country has been pretty awful for awhile imo. Totally generic mindless lyrics, repetitive copycat songs. Black artists are making some pretty darn good country music. Here's one that I think is particularly good by Marshmello and Kane Brown. See what you think:

Country has been pretty awful for awhile imo. Totally generic mindless lyrics, repetitive copycat songs. Black artists are making some pretty darn good country music. Here's one that I think is particularly good by Marshmello and Kane Brown. See what you think:

Before I even click play: Does it have steel guitar?

Oh no! :nono: Do not like. Autotune 2-beat same as all the others..

This guy sounds about as country as Uncle Kracker, IOWs not at all.

Define country and before I am labeled a racist person, one of my most favorite deceased singers was an African American. Was he a country music act? No, but I love all that I have heard from him.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Go here for that late beautiful precious masterpiece of a man who I wish was still here. I purchased this material of his on a record because that was the only way to score the stuff and, so far it is the only record that I have that was eventually transitioned onto a CD. I love his singing, his songwriting, and his smile that much. :) :) :)

^^^ Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by that?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. For the record, there are plenty of white singers who are all over country radio who I will never label country.

Forum List

Back