Zone1 Black Girl Criticizes Black Tinkerbell

Who gives a shit what color Tinkerbell is?

It’s a fuckin’ cartoon!
It's done on purpose. If it had historical accuracy to the racial makeup to Britain in 1904 or the Disney adaptation then fine. Tinkerbell is blonde with blue eyes. Why change it.

Yes it's time someone says it. Many of you need to stay off YouTube and freaking over goofy video's.

Something was goofy about her perspective? she sounded like a normal and rational person to me..maybe just maybe she realizes a black tinker bell was created to make black people feel included.

Maybe that actually offends her because its blatant pandering. Like she says... yeah lets create more black characters , but just like we should be creating characters of other races as well as NEW characters are created.
Do we also need to make an East Indian Tinker bell?
All in all its no big deal, but the girl felt complelled to make the video. Nothing goofy about her, just another valid perspective. When dealing with the "conversation of race" the Left does just what you did right now.
Shut the conversation down by declaring the other side Goofy, ridiculous or racist... and that they should be kept silent rather than debated with over the topic.

Something was goofy about her perspective? she sounded like a normal and rational person to me..maybe just maybe she realizes a black tinker bell was created to make black people feel included.

Is that why Jesus was made to be white?

Maybe that actually offends her because its blatant pandering. Like she says... yeah lets create more black characters , but just like we should be creating characters of other races as well as NEW characters are created.
Do we also need to make an East Indian Tinker bell?
All in all its no big deal, but the girl felt complelled to make the video. Nothing goofy about her, just another valid perspective. When dealing with the "conversation of race" the Left does just what you did right now.
Shut the conversation down by declaring the other side Goofy, ridiculous or racist... and that they should be kept silent rather than debated with over the topic.

Yes, all in all it's no big deal.

Is that why Jesus was made to be white?

Yes, all in all it's no big deal.

Jesus was made white because the artist was white... prevailing culture at the time was being pandered to as well.

If you want to focus on Jesus here thats fine. I was more or less figuring as to why the Black girl responded the way she did to Disney. The girl in the video wasnt over offended by the black Tinkerbell... I think she is just more into social commentary... but never the less, If i was to try to decipher her reasons from the short time she was talking... I think yes, as a black person, she prefers not to be pandered to. And lets just keep it real.

So, what about her do you find to be Goofy? is it because she doesnt espouse the view point you expect a black American to have?

If Disney wanted to be accurate with their casting Blacks would be welfare queens, looters, street thugs, druggies and gang bangers, not Tinker Bell.

If you spend your time worrying about whether Tinkerbell is black or white, then you are pretty pathetic. That's almost as stupid as worrying about M&Ms being sexy.
Soon enough the yellow hordes will be here, and tinker bell will be Asian.

If you spend your time worrying about whether Tinkerbell is black or white, then you are pretty pathetic. That's almost as stupid as worrying about M&Ms being sexy.

No one is worried about TinkerBell being Black or white. I think you completely missed the point of the girl speaking didnt you?

Shes more or less saying, you dont need to pander to my race by changing a white character to black... not because it was the original idea of the artist , but rather just because you want to throw me a bone.. She obviously finds the move disingenuos, and THAT is more the point.

And that point applies to more in society outside of cartoon characters from Disney.

It's done on purpose. If it had historical accuracy to the racial makeup to Britain in 1904 or the Disney adaptation then fine. Tinkerbell is blonde with blue eyes. Why change it.
Is race more important than story?

No one is worried about TinkerBell being Black or white. I think you completely missed the point of the girl speaking didnt you?

Shes more or less saying, you dont need to pander to my race by changing a white character to black... not because it was the original idea of the artist , but rather just because you want to throw me a bone.. She obviously finds the move disingenuos, and THAT is more the point.

And that point applies to more in society outside of cartoon characters from Disney.

There are different ways of looking at it. One is that children like to see characters they can identify with. Many of these stories are timeless, beloved and pretty entrenched in our culture.

When I was growing up I loved sci fi with a passion, but almost all of the characters who got to do anything interesting, were male. It was frustrating to me at the time, and now I can see how it must feel to black children as well.

Race is a social construct. Tinkerbell is blonde with 🔵💙 eyes.
Then she can be anything.

If it is a historical period piece, or something in which the race of the character is integral to the plot (like the Kung Fu series or a Patch of Blue) then changing it would be difficult.

Then she can be anything.

If it is a historical period piece, or something in which the race of the character is integral to the plot (like the Kung Fu series or a Patch of Blue) then changing it would be difficult.

In the book she is described as a "common fairy".

Soon enough the yellow hordes will be here, and tinker bell will be Asian.

There are different ways of looking at it. One is that children like to see characters they can identify with. Many of these stories are timeless, beloved and pretty entrenched in our culture.

When I was growing up I loved sci fi with a passion, but almost all of the characters who got to do anything interesting, were male. It was frustrating to me at the time, and now I can see how it must feel to black children as well.

It could be that most of the sci-fi writers at that time were male. They probably did not intend to discriminate against women but rather, they most likely put themselves in the place of the character.
Today its all different. New characters in cartoons and books are female and and other races because so are the writers. The fact it just happens naturally is good, I dont think theres a reason to feel we are correcting some wrong because in the past those characters were white.. or mostly male.

Forum List

Back