Black greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a seemingly jarring disharmony in the concept behind this thread. It's as if the OP is trying to justify something. If this thread was called "White greatness", we would roll our eyes and ignore it. Greatness transcends race. So lets recognize ALL great people.

Dumb. You don't read me talking about how whites have never done anything or how primitive whites are. I have read over and over in here whites making comments about what blacks have not done, so I made this thread. Your ignorance relative to your behavior is expected. So roll your eyes..
You don't know what my experiences are, you seem to think we live in a bubble and you are "informing" us. Think again. If we as a country want to rid ourselves of racial stereotypes, then we have confront folks that choose to behave like negative racial stereotypes and educate THEM as to how ignorant and backwards that truly is, not empower and excuse that behavior.

I know full well that whites don't live in a bubble. You are just a dumb ass woman who has made silly assumptions about blacks, made racist comments about blacks and you are being told about yourself by someone black because you've done so. I have worked with and known far too many whites to think what you assume. I am informing YOU because you are an ignorant white racist who doesn't know anything about us.

I know from personal life experience that not all whites are racists. But you are. So like you say, If we as a country want to rid ourselves of racial stereotypes, then we have confront folks that choose to behave like negative racial stereotypes and educate THEM as to how ignorant and backwards that truly is, not empower and excuse that behavior. Such as white racists.
Why are so defensive? Your worst fault is being so presumptuous. I have lived with poor blacks and Hispanics, for years. I see they are their own worst enemies, and some people LOVE to enable that negative behavior behind the safety their rich white entitled gated communities under the guise of fighting racism and opening eyes...Please. I have been here way before you, this is more about human nature. Genuflecting to blacks doesn't solve anything.

I'm not the one who has been defensive. I am the one getting attacked by those like you who are defensive.

There is a seemingly jarring disharmony in the concept behind this thread. It's as if the OP is trying to justify something. If this thread was called "White greatness", we would roll our eyes and ignore it. Greatness transcends race. So lets recognize ALL great people.

Dumb. You don't read me talking about how whites have never done anything or how primitive whites are. I have read over and over in here whites making comments about what blacks have not done, so I made this thread. Your ignorance relative to your behavior is expected. So roll your eyes..
You don't know what my experiences are, you seem to think we live in a bubble and you are "informing" us. Think again. If we as a country want to rid ourselves of racial stereotypes, then we have confront folks that choose to behave like negative racial stereotypes and educate THEM as to how ignorant and backwards that truly is, not empower and excuse that behavior.

I know full well that whites don't live in a bubble. You are just a dumb ass woman who has made silly assumptions about blacks, made racist comments about blacks and you are being told about yourself by someone black because you've done so. I have worked with and known far too many whites to think what you assume. I am informing YOU because you are an ignorant white racist who doesn't know anything about us.

I know from personal life experience that not all whites are racists. But you are. So like you say, If we as a country want to rid ourselves of racial stereotypes, then we have confront folks that choose to behave like negative racial stereotypes and educate THEM as to how ignorant and backwards that truly is, not empower and excuse that behavior. Such as white racists.
Why are so defensive? Your worst fault is being so presumptuous. I have lived with poor blacks and Hispanics, for years. I see they are their own worst enemies, and some people LOVE to enable that negative behavior behind the safety their rich white entitled gated communities under the guise of fighting racism and opening eyes...Please. I have been here way before you, this is more about human nature. Genuflecting to blacks doesn't solve anything.

I'm not the one who has been defensive. I am the one getting attacked by those like you who are defensive.
You poor baby. OK. Truce. Olive branch. But why this emphasis on race (Blacks)? I don't like being lumped into a homogeneous anti black racist haters KKK thing. I dream of a culture that is truly post racial, but the black gang bangers playing loud ass music and shooting guns off sours that dream. That is how informed I am. Not some wealthy anonymous white gated community for ME.

MaryL,

Presumptuous? you are the one who assumed I was a racist. You have been where long before me? I'm damn near 60 years old. Human nature? You are the one talking about genuflecting to blacks when no one is even talking about that. You're a racist lady. You talk about blacks and Hispanics being our own worst enemies? Ho, I have seen white dominated city councils make policy that screwed these communities out of opportunity. Shut the hell up trying tote me about being black from the sidelines, I've lived in these communities my whole life, I know how things have been done ad I know that your assessment is not it.

You poor baby. OK. Truce. Olive branch. But why this emphasis on race (Blacks)? I don't like being lumped into a homogeneous anti black racist haters KKK thing. I dream of a culture that is truly post racial, but the black gang bangers playing loud ass music and shooting guns off sours that dream. That is how informed I am. Not some wealthy anonymous white gated community for ME.

This IS the RACE AND RACISM section MaryL. If we were elsewhere I would not be talking about race. Seems that you had no problem talking about race nor did you ask such questions about why this emphasis on race when you and all your white buddies were making racist comments like the one you made about blacks starting all the racial hate crimes. Race was not a problem for your ass then. You were not talking about your hope of living n a post racial society then either.

MaryL,

Presumptuous? you are the one who assumed I was a racist. You have been where long before me? I'm damn near 60 years old. Human nature? You are the one talking about genuflecting to blacks when no one is even talking about that. You're a racist lady. You talk about blacks and Hispanics being our own worst enemies? Ho, I have seen white dominated city councils make policy that screwed these communities out of opportunity. Shut the hell up trying tote me about being black from the sidelines, I've lived in these communities my whole life, I know how things have been done ad I know that your assessment is not it.
Um, I didn't say that you were racist. Please go back and quote me on that. I am 60 years old. I have lived with blacks and other minority groups longer than I have with whites. I have seen the crime and the evil committed by poor blacks. And if I notice, that's racism. Is it? Great minds transcend race. But simple minds hide behind race.

Time would be better spent doing volunteer work to INSURE that "Black Greatness" in CURRENT and FUTURE generations -- dontchathink?? How would you approach that?

All that is being done. It was being done long before we were here. It will be done long after we are gone.The greater question is when will whites learn they have things all wrong and that maybe they need to listen to us instead of thinking they can always tell us what we need to do. Especially if they think they can tell us how we have done things but cannot accept us telling them how they really have gotten where they are.

Time would be better spent doing volunteer work to INSURE that "Black Greatness" in CURRENT and FUTURE generations -- dontchathink?? How would you approach that?

All that is being done. It was being done long before we were here. It will be done long after we are gone.The greater question is when will whites learn they have things all wrong and that maybe they need to listen to us instead of thinking they can always tell us what we need to do. Especially if they think they can tell us how we have done things but cannot accept us telling them how they really have gotten where they are.
Um, what? Care to translate to us sober mortals?

MaryL,

Um, I didn't say that you were racist. Please go back and quote me on that. I am 60 years old. I have lived with blacks and other minority groups longer than I have with whites. I have seen the crime and the evil committed by poor blacks. And if I notice, that's racism. Is it? Great minds transcend race. But simple minds hide behind race.

You have called me a racist. You have made racist comments, You talk abut the crime and evil of poor blacks. I suppose you have not seen the crime and evil of the poor whites have you? So do you notice that? But you don't talk that or about law and policy made by rich whites that have denied poor blacks. Dpn't lecture me about great minds and simple minds when the only reason you are bitching about race in a race ad racism section of a discussion forum is because the issue is about white racist behavior or positive accomplishments of blacks.

Again we are in a section of a discussion forum whereby the purpose is to discuss issues surrounding race and racism MaryL. IF we were in the media, humor, healthcare or any other section then you have the right to complain about me or anyone else talking about racial issues

Back to the OP..

Dr. Daniel Hale Williams

MaryL,

You have called me a racist. You have made racist comments, You talk abut the crime and evil of poor blacks. I suppose you have not seen the crime and evil of the poor whites have you? So do you notice that? But you don't talk that or about law and policy made by rich whites that have denied poor blacks. Dpn't lecture me about great minds and simple minds when the only reason you are bitching about race in a race ad racism section of a discussion forum is because the issue is about white racist behavior or positive accomplishments of blacks.

Again we are in a section of a discussion forum whereby the purpose is to discuss issues surrounding race and racism MaryL. IF we were in the media, humor, healthcare or any other section then you have the right to complain about me or anyone else talking about racial issues

Back to the OP..
I said you were deluded. Not anything else. You condemn lumping people into groups, though, then do it you self. I have dreamt of meeting Martin Luther King, I was in awe of him as great person in history. Why would his race matter?

MaryL,

Back to the OP..
I said you were deluded. Not anything else. You condemn lumping people into groups, though, then do it you self. I have dreamt of meeting Martin Luther King, I was in awe of him as great person in history. Why would his race matter?

Sure you didn't. You would not like King.

Great minds transcend race or disability. Look at say, Hawking, or deGrasse Tyson. Or sex, look at Curie . Let's stop right here and think why we need this thread.

Last edited:
I am not trying to steal your thunder, there's nothing to prove. Great minds don't parade around and showboat.

I am not trying to steal your thunder, there's nothing to prove. Great minds don't parade around and showboat.

The problem with your silly use of this false equivalence is that no one here has consistently stated here that women have done nothing, or is this the sexism discussion area. You are being stupid MaryL but this is to be expected here.

Please, stick to the topic . We can digress until we turn blue. I think you missed the point, but somehow, I think that's IM2 all over, missing points and that's the human condition. Do you get that?

Please, stick to the topic . We can digress until we turn blue. I think you missed the point, but somehow, I think that's IM2 all over, missing points and that's the human condition. Do you get that?

The thread topic is about black accomplishments. It was made because those like you decided to make threads where you felt free to make consistent comments about what blacks have not ever done. You are the one off topic. And if you don't like the topic then stay out of the thread. Because all you are doing is trolling hoping you can get this thread closed. This thread is about race because its in the race and racism section So then from this point on I am going to report you if you refuse to post on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back