Black greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great minds transcend race or disability. Look at say, Hawking, or deGrasse Tyson. Or sex, look at Curie . Let's stop right here and think why we need this thread.

Great minds transcend race or disability. Look at say, Hawking, or deGrasse Tyson. Or sex, look at Curie . Let's stop right here and think why we need this thread.

You are totally right...but here's a thought. Some of those great minds HAD to actively transcend race, gender, or disability in order to get where they got - to get recognition, or even the ability to get into an institution, that a white male wouldn't have thought twice about in those days.

Women like Curie, had to fight, to even be excepted into a educational program that did not consider women capable. It's the same thing with race.

I just got finished with a fascinating book - Goldberger’s war:The life and work of a public health crusader, about the man who discovered the cause and cure for pellagra, a disease that was devasting the south. But he was Jewish, and that put many barriers in his way, prevented him from pursuing a medical career, and from being taken seriously by his colleagues.

Great minds transcend...but great minds, from certain backgrounds have barriers that others don't. Recognizing that is not being racist.

Are you you thinking you can help IM2 transcend?

Good luck with that!

I think this thread has a good topic that shouldn't be trash-trolled. Why not explore it? :)

Y U gotta step up and answer questions I asked of him?

Let the man answer for himself. ;)

PS: I already know a smattering.

You are totally right...but here's a thought. Some of those great minds HAD to actively transcend race, gender, or disability in order to get where they got - to get recognition, or even the ability to get into an institution, that a white male wouldn't have thought twice about in those days.

Women like Curie, had to fight, to even be excepted into a educational program that did not consider women capable. It's the same thing with race.

I just got finished with a fascinating book - Goldberger’s war:The life and work of a public health crusader, about the man who discovered the cause and cure for pellagra, a disease that was devasting the south. But he was Jewish, and that put many barriers in his way, prevented him from pursuing a medical career, and from being taken seriously by his colleagues.

Great minds transcend...but great minds, from certain backgrounds have barriers that others don't. Recognizing that is not being racist.

Good luck with that!

I think this thread has a good topic that shouldn't be trash-trolled. Why not explore it? :)

I just jump in where I feel like...:dunno:

:)

Good luck with that!

Grr, when you wanna argue, but you can't really say anything without being a hypocrite. :mad:

How can I fault someone for doing what I do? I can't. :(

It's really not hard to find a list of famous black people who accomplished something, why are folks struggling so much with it?

George Washington Carver George Washington Carver
Percy Lavon Julian Percy Lavon Julian - Wikipedia
Ernest Everett Just Ernest Everett Just
Marie Maynard Daly Marie Maynard Daly - Wikipedia
George Carruthers Dr. George Carruthers and Apollo 16 Ultraviolet Camera/Spectrograph
George Alcorn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Edward_Alcorn,_Jr.
Herman Branson Herman Branson - Wikipedia
Sylvester James Gates Sylvester James Gates - Wikipedia
Madam C. J. Walker (love this woman!) - Madam C. J. Walker - Wikipedia

That's just a handful - many more out there :)

The question was put to N*TZ, um sorry IM2, so considering he's such a loudmouth, why don't you let HIM respond?

Also darling he knows you are White, so therefore he automatically hates you, you won't score any points from that Black racist Troll Boi.

Also did you read it's OP? The OP not very Zone 2 Race Relations/Racism section is it? Another Baiting OP.

You black racists here talk a lot of shit.......
Rid yourself of racism and you'll see that a lot of humans are great. Greatness isn't achieved by color, but by striving. Greatness is colorblind.

Rid yourself of your phony god shit. All you ever talk is shit. If you are ever honest with yourself, you know you are anything BUT christian.

There are hundreds of examples of Black exceptionalism and almost none are taught in our schools.

Blacks and others of color built the US.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It's really not hard to find a list of famous black people who accomplished something, why are folks struggling so much with it?

George Washington Carver George Washington Carver
Percy Lavon Julian Percy Lavon Julian - Wikipedia
Ernest Everett Just Ernest Everett Just
Marie Maynard Daly Marie Maynard Daly - Wikipedia
George Carruthers Dr. George Carruthers and Apollo 16 Ultraviolet Camera/Spectrograph
George Alcorn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Edward_Alcorn,_Jr.
Herman Branson Herman Branson - Wikipedia
Sylvester James Gates Sylvester James Gates - Wikipedia
Madam C. J. Walker (love this woman!) - Madam C. J. Walker - Wikipedia

That's just a handful - many more out there :)

The question was put to N*TZ, um sorry IM2, so considering he's such a loudmouth, why don't you let HIM respond?

Also darling he knows you are White, so therefore he automatically hates you, you won't score any points from that Black racist Troll Boi.

Also did you read it's OP? The OP not very Zone 2 Race Relations/Racism section is it? Another Baiting OP.

ANYONE can answer a question - it's an open forum after all...but, the thread brings up a good topic. We have thread after thread bashing blacks. Don't see many complaining about that...

Here's a chance to look at the accomplishments of people instead of degrading them. Isn't it worth following?

Good luck with that!

Grr, when you wanna argue, but you can't really say anything without being a hypocrite. :mad:

How can I fault someone for doing what I do? I can't. :(
:smiliehug:

Please, stick to the topic . We can digress until we turn blue. I think you missed the point, but somehow, I think that's IM2 all over, missing points and that's the human condition. Do you get that?

The thread topic is about black accomplishments. It was made because those like you decided to make threads where you felt free to make consistent comments about what blacks have not ever done. You are the one off topic. And if you don't like the topic then stay out of the thread. Because all you are doing is trolling hoping you can get this thread closed. This thread is about race because its in the race and racism section So then from this point on I am going to report you if you refuse to post on topic.

Name some black accomplishments then

Give us your top 5. Mesez: You are racist troll with the report button at the ready and a turd. :dunno:

How about IM2 lists the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of Blacks who've accomplished something, accomplished as in advancing Civilisation itself from the Stone Age.

You know like we can list THOUSANDS AND THOUSAND of White's who have done that and also I add the amazing Ancient Chinese.

• Gunpowder, paper, printing, and the compass are sometimes called the Four Great Inventions of Ancient China.
Four Great Inventions - Wikipedia

List of Chinese inventions - Wikipedia

All they can list is random "things", there is NOTHING that ANY Black has achieved that has advanced Civilisation itself.

So the Black Greatness situation is 100% a moot point and IM2 and it's ilk KNOW that.

Please, stick to the topic . We can digress until we turn blue. I think you missed the point, but somehow, I think that's IM2 all over, missing points and that's the human condition. Do you get that?

The thread topic is about black accomplishments. It was made because those like you decided to make threads where you felt free to make consistent comments about what blacks have not ever done. You are the one off topic. And if you don't like the topic then stay out of the thread. Because all you are doing is trolling hoping you can get this thread closed. This thread is about race because its in the race and racism section So then from this point on I am going to report you if you refuse to post on topic.

Give us your top 5. Mesez: You are racist troll with the report button at the ready and a turd. :dunno:

How about IM2 lists the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of Blacks who've accomplished something, accomplished as in advancing Civilisation itself from the Stone Age.

You know like we can list THOUSANDS AND THOUSAND of White's who have done that and also I add the amazing Ancient Chinese.

• Gunpowder, paper, printing, and the compass are sometimes called the Four Great Inventions of Ancient China.

All they can list is random "things", there is NOTHING that has advanced Civilisation itself.

The problem with "things" is...no one thing alone has "advanced" civilization. And everything is built upon something earlier. So yes, you can have a great invention, but what you don't see is the thousands of steps taken earlier by other people that led to it. Trying to pin it on "race" is dishonest. Culture, opportunity, etc has a lot to do with it. If you exist in a survivalist culture - all your talent and energy is in surviving, beating the diseases or wildlife trying to kill you, and getting enough food to eat. Put the same person in another culture and different opportunities present themselves.

Ever see this show? Connections (TV series) - Wikipedia

Race isn't a hedge or a excuse, and if we are post racial, it should't matter anymore. My heroine from the past was a black gal, her name wont matter. School Councillor . I remember overhearing a black boy, the school bully, informing her how much he hated whites. Because WHITES where all racist. Yeah, the hypocrisy rolls on and on. 1972 or so, I sort of lost my zeal for black culture then.

All they can list is random "things", there is NOTHING that has advanced Civilisation itself.

The problem with "things" is...no one thing alone has "advanced" civilization. And everything is built upon something earlier. So yes, you can have a great invention, but what you don't see is the thousands of steps taken earlier by other people that led to it. Trying to pin it on "race" is dishonest. Culture, opportunity, etc has a lot to do with it. If you exist in a survivalist culture - all your talent and energy is in surviving, beating the diseases or wildlife trying to kill you, and getting enough food to eat. Put the same person in another culture and different opportunities present themselves.

So what are you attempting to say? The Ancient Chinese STOLE their THOUSANDS of inventions off some Blacks in Africa or whatever?

You are aware that the Chinese are NOT White, that they are a Race ie. Asiatic.

No we never had that television programme and also the dates are many before my time, being born in 1990.

So what are you attempting to say? The Ancient Chinese STOLE their THOUSANDS of inventions off some Blacks in Africa or whatever?

No we never had that television programme and also the dates are many before my time, being born in 1990.

No, and it's not about "stealing" - it's building upon.

You would probably like Connections - it's worth seeing, it's available online I think.

You would probably like Connections - it's worth seeing, it's available online I think.

List the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of "building upon" that Blacks have done?

Okay I'll have a look to You Tube it might be there.

I actually listed a few famous black scientists.

I actually listed a few famous black scientists.

Yes I know, I cover that in my comment that all that can be listed is random people.

You know there is no THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of Blacks who have advanced things like there are White's and Asiatics ie. Ancient Chinese.

The Ancient Egyptians were not Black, The Atlanta Black Star literally thinks that ALL Africans were Black :lol:
speech-e1412108714338.jpg

I grew up in a mixed environment. Pre-integration in Denver in 1968- 69', the Cole and Manual schools. Largely Black schools. I saw the hate from both sides. No big deal but I also saw the hate against whites, and racial bullying , I saw a black boy try to kill a Hispanic groundskeeper by throwing chair at him from the third floor at Cole. yeah, the same psychopath that said he hated whites because they were all racist. Yeah, like that.

I grew up in a mixed environment. Pre-integration in Denver in 1968- 69', the Cole and Manual schools. Largely Black schools. I saw the hate from both sides. No big deal but I also saw the hate against whites, and racial bullying , I saw a black boy try to kill a Hispanic groundskeeper by throwing chair at him from the third floor at Cole. yeah, the same psychopath that said he hated whites because they were all racist. Yeah, like that.

I don't think any one race/culture/ethnicity/religion holds the patent on hate unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back