Zone1 Black-Owned Business -- Ezra Coffee Company - VERY good stuff

I heard that drinking coffee wards off……um……..wait…….it’s slipping my mind…..…oh, right, dementia!

But seriously, who cares what color the company owner is? I like my coffee black, but the owner can be any color.

$19 for 12 ounces? They can kiss my arse. I can get 2 pounds at Sam's for less than $15

My grocery store has a large clearance rack in front of the store. I got two bags of ground coffee a few months ago for $10.00.
And it's just as good as other brands!

I really prefer Great Value coffee. $10 for a 3-lb can is a tremendous value.

Yeah, cheap coffee will do in a pinch if you don't have access to anything else available, or don't have enough money to buy other types.

But let me tell you, there ARE differences in the various types of coffee (where they are grown) as well as the way they are roasted and handled. Me? I personally choose to get various types of coffee, and have been fortunate enough to learn the difference between varieties. If you are a coffee drinker, do yourself a favor and splurge on some BadAss 100 percent Kona sometime (it can be bought over the internet if you can't get to Hawaii). Yeah, it's expensive, but man.............it will change your whole attitude about drinking cheap coffee. One of these days, when I get enough of a desire to blow 100 bucks on a pound of coffee, I'm gonna try Jamacian Blue Mountain, as I've heard that is the best coffee on the planet.

Yeah, cheap coffee will do in a pinch if you don't have access to anything else available, or don't have enough money to buy other types.

But let me tell you, there ARE differences in the various types of coffee (where they are grown) as well as the way they are roasted and handled. Me? I personally choose to get various types of coffee, and have been fortunate enough to learn the difference between varieties. If you are a coffee drinker, do yourself a favor and splurge on some BadAss 100 percent Kona sometime (it can be bought over the internet if you can't get to Hawaii). Yeah, it's expensive, but man.............it will change your whole attitude about drinking cheap coffee. One of these days, when I get enough of a desire to blow 100 bucks on a pound of coffee, I'm gonna try Jamacian Blue Mountain, as I've heard that is the best coffee on the planet.

So you acquired a taste for something you didn't particularly notice a difference in because it is more expensive. Gotcha. I don't drink coffee. I find it all vile so I will continue to buy cheap coffee for those in my house that do drink the nasty stuff.

So you acquired a taste for something you didn't particularly notice a difference in because it is more expensive. Gotcha. I don't drink coffee. I find it all vile so I will continue to buy cheap coffee for those in my house that do drink the nasty stuff.

You don't drink coffee, so how in the hell would you know the differences between where they are grown, or the different kinds of beans? Sorry, but if you put a cup of Maxwell House next to a cup of 100 percent Kona, you'd know there is a major difference as soon as you sipped it. Kona doesn't have any kind of bitterness at all and is very smooth. You could give me several different varieties, blindfold test me, and I could tell you which is which. Some have chocolate after notes, some have citrus, some even have blueberry notes. It all depends on the soil they are grown in.

Racist coffee 😄

I only drink the good stuff, myself — you know, colonialist stuff. Exploited natives pick the beans! ✊🏻

I heartily recommend Peet's coffee — Major Dickason's Blend. 👍🏻

Last edited:
You don't drink coffee, so how in the hell would you know the differences between where they are grown, or the different kinds of beans? Sorry, but if you put a cup of Maxwell House next to a cup of 100 percent Kona, you'd know there is a major difference as soon as you sipped it. Kona doesn't have any kind of bitterness at all and is very smooth. You could give me several different varieties, blindfold test me, and I could tell you which is which. Some have chocolate after notes, some have citrus, some even have blueberry notes. It all depends on the soil they are grown in.

And you just reconfirmed that you couldn't tell the difference in coffees until you acquired your taste.

And you just reconfirmed that you couldn't tell the difference in coffees until you acquired your taste.

It was noticing the difference between the swill that my ex wife used to make (Maxwell House), and a good quality coffee that I'd had many years ago that caused me to investigate if there were different varieties. Because I noticed that quality coffee was much better tasting than the stuff my ex drank or what the Navy served, I started to check out the different varieties, and noticed right off that they all have different tastes.

Forum List

Back