blacks are pissed the do not get juneteenth off

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

It is already a fading holiday. People care more about fathers day then this day. It is not even the correct end of slavery. the end of slavery was when the 13th amendment was signed.

Juneteenth is a day on which nothing whatsoever happened. It's pretty hard to find something to celebrate.

They are clueless, but we see again what happens when the lowest common denominators get to push or run things.

But! They do serve watermelon, among other foods, on Juneteenth.

Juneteenth makes more sense as primarily a Texas holiday, which is how it was and celebrated accordingly in the black community (but not limited to blacks as all can appreciate the milestone that took place in Galveston, Texas on June 19).

The Passage of Amendment XIII would make sense as a Federal holiday. The official proclamation was on December 18. Granted, it's close to Christmas, but I don't care, call it an early Christmas present to the black community, and a better holiday to celebrate than Kwanzaa.

I'll wear my somewhat tattered Juneteenth t-shirt on June 19 regardless.

Happy Juneteenth for those who wish to celebrate. And if you don't, enjoy your Sunday anyway. Go break bread with someone. Be kind, be courteous, won't cost you anything to do so. Let freedom reign.

More make pretend
Reparations have been underway for 50 years. Welfare, housing vouchers, u employment, food stamps, Barry, BLM venting, all the bullshit that producers want nothing to do with
Now a very special new made up holiday

They don't?

My bank is closed on Juneteenth.

I support holidays.

We need more holidays. :p

It is already a fading holiday. People care more about fathers day then this day. It is not even the correct end of slavery. the end of slavery was when the 13th amendment was signed.
Are you Black?

It's no accident that "Juneteenth" is a replacement to father's day in the black community. :laughing0301:
That's low.

Come on... that's low. :eek:

We need more active black father's to participate in their childrens' lives. Let's encourage them. They can celebrate both holidays at the same time.

When I was growing up I was envious of the girl next door who had a Jewish father and a. Catholic mother, she used to get presents on Christmas AND Hannukah, for like two whole weeks.

I think maybe Juneteenth could be the Saturday and Daddy's Day could be the Sunday, that way black father's get the weekend off to spend with their kids. Any active father deserves that, don't you think?

That's low.

Come on... that's low. :eek:

We need more active black father's to participate in their childrens' lives. Let's encourage them. They can celebrate both holidays at the same time.

When I was growing up I was envious of the girl next door who had a Jewish father and a. Catholic mother, she used to get presents on Christmas AND Hannukah, for like two whole weeks.

I think maybe Juneteenth could be the Saturday and Daddy's Day could be the Sunday, that way black father's get the weekend off to spend with their kids. Any active father deserves that, don't you think?

A "active" black father is one that found him a new baby momma. ;)

What date and what is Juneteenth?? :dunno:

Forum List

Back