Blacks drown at 5 times the rate of white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Somehow this will be blamed on white people. Part of their giant conspiracy to hurt blacks.

The Associated Press

May 15, 6:43 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) -- Swimming pools are a much greater danger to black children and teens than they are to other kids, a new government study shows.

Black children ages 5 to 19 drown in swimming pools at a rate more than five times that of white children, the research found. That suggests a lot of blacks are not learning to swim, said the lead author, Dr. Julie Gilchrist of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The racial differences were smaller for drownings in lakes or other bodies of water. Experts think that's because relatively few blacks go boating or participate in other water activities

• Banned
Seriously, i don't think blacks are good at swimming. Olympic swimmers seem to be non-black.

Gets even for the White men can't Jump statistic.. Exactly WHY do YOU think this happens SS?
Maybe has something to do with the underrepresentation of blacks in Polo and Lacrosse??

We can do everything we put our minds to stupid one. Let me introduce you to gold medalist Cullen Jones.

Cullen Jones | Great Black Speakers

405-2013-12-01-07-28-17-Cullen_Jones_5.jpg

Gets even for the White men can't Jump statistic.. Exactly WHY do YOU think this happens SS?
Maybe has something to do with the underrepresentation of blacks in Polo and Lacrosse??

:eusa_hand:

So if more blacks played Lacrosse, then fewer would drown?

:lol: Could be true for Polo... Being on a horse gives you a 14 or 16 hand advantage. It's an availability/class thing. A middle class black family has more swimmers in it.. I taught kids to swim as a lifeguard. Some parents tipped me for it, some didn't. I failed to notice any difference in abilities between race or gender or BMIndex...

My guess is that if you control for economics and population density, the differences would be small..
Same for tennis or golf..

In boot camp we had 10 black guys in our company. Not one of them could swim and they all failed on swim qual day. They wouldnt even jump in the water. They ended up needing to take a crash course over the next week in order to learn how to tread water for 15 minutes.

Somehow this will be blamed on white people. Part of their giant conspiracy to hurt blacks.

The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) -- Swimming pools are a much greater danger to black children and teens than they are to other kids, a new government study shows.

Black children ages 5 to 19 drown in swimming pools at a rate more than five times that of white children, the research found. That suggests a lot of blacks are not learning to swim, said the lead author, Dr. Julie Gilchrist of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The racial differences were smaller for drownings in lakes or other bodies of water. Experts think that's because relatively few blacks go boating or participate in other water activities

I'm pretty sure Jimmy da Greek explained that "scientifically." :badgrin:

See that SS? You're such a well known racist that no one will take you seriously. Even when you make a good point.

The Associated Press

You should get out more.

Thanked by Rat in the Hat

Seriously, i don't think blacks are good at swimming. Olympic swimmers seem to be non-black.

And white people can't seem beat Kenyans at long distance running. Your point?

My six year old son is a great swimmer, it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with my parents having a pool. Do you want black people to swim? Because you know once that happens they will dominate, and a racist like you might not be able to handle that. You are probably still not over Tiger.

My six year old son is a great swimmer, it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with my parents having a pool. Do you want black people to swim? Because you know once that happens they will dominate, and a racist like you might not be able to handle that. You are probably still not over Tiger.

Kenyans win because their body types are well suited to long distance running. They are tall (but not too tall) and skinny and they don't need a lot of water in their system in order to function at a high level. What you don't see is Kenyans winning in the sprints, and why is that? Well, black US athletes are better suited to those events. Why? Because of slavery more than likely. You think all that hard work didn't have some positive results? Generations of manual labor helped produce athletes. Do you see Ethiopians winning in sprints and long jumps? No you don't, because they aren't built for it. Its not a black thing, its a regional thing.

Now we come to white people, and lets be honest, most Olympic events are won by white people. Maybe not the long distance running, or the sprints, but they win most everything else. The worlds strongest men are almost always white, though you see some Chinese guys in there too. China really should be dominating everything, seeing how they have the biggest pool of athletes to choose from, but for some odd reason they are on par with Russia and the US, despite the overwhelming population advantage.

Once we take over it will be like the NBA and whites racists will invent some pseudo scientific explanation as to why. :lol:

Once we take over it will be like the NBA and whites racists will invent some pseudo scientific explanation as to why. :lol:
You do realize why black people in the US are better at basketball right? Its because black kids play it a fuckload more than white kids do. Ive got no idea what the numbers are, but im guessing for every 1 white kid who religiously plays basketball, theres 10 black kids doing the same thing. Its the same reason why white people are better at baseball. Do you think the reason most top level wrestlers are white, is because black people are inherently bad at it? Think again. Certain cultures latch on to certain sports and then they excel at them. That's why a country like Norway can beat everyone in skiing. Its a big part of their culture.

Are Jamaicans good at basketball? Theyre black, so why aren't they good at basketball? because they don't play basketball as much as black people in the US. Ever see a Nigerian basketball team win a gold in the olympics? Why not? Same answer. There are black people living in China, but when is the last time you saw a black man on a Chinese basketball team? There are approximately 10 million black people living in China, and they certainly do not grow up playing basketball as much as inner city black kids in the US, therefore they don't produce enough stars to in order to make those Chinese teams.

Last edited:

You do realize why black people in the US are better at basketball right? Its because black kids play it a fuckload more than white kids do. Ive got no idea what the numbers are, but im guessing for every 1 white kid who religiously plays basketball, theres 10 black kids doing the same thing. Its the same reason why white people are better at baseball. Do you think the reason most top level wrestlers are white, is because black people are inherently bad at it? Think again. Certain cultures latch on to certain sports and then they excel at them. That's why a country like Norway can beat everyone in skiing. Its a big part of their culture.

Are Jamaicans good at basketball? Theyre black, so why aren't they good at basketball? because they don't play basketball as much as black people in the US. Ever see a Nigerian basketball team win a gold in the olympics? Why not? Same answer. There are black people living in China, but when is the last time you saw a black man on a Chinese basketball team? Black people in China certainly do not grow up playing basketball as much as inner city black kids in the US, therefore they don't produce enough stars to in order to make those Chinese teams.

I agree with you so no need to write a thesis. However, you just contradicted yourself. Groups of people are going to be better at what they practice most. White men win the strong man contest because its boring to Black people. Once we get interested in bigger numbers we will take that over too. Lets see some athleticism with that strength then come back to me.

Among whites, drowning rates peak in toddlers but then decline dramatically around age 5 and stay down. Experts think that's a result of swimming lessons kicking in. Among blacks, the drowning rate for toddlers is lower, but it doesn't drop off the same way as children get older. An earlier study showed that nearly 60 percent of black children surveyed were unable to swim or felt uncomfortable in the deep end of a pool, compared to 31 percent of white kids. That stems from cultural differences, experts believe. Generally, more white families spend recreation time at pools or beaches, and more white parents make sure their kids can swim, Gilchrist said.

Cultural differences between whites and blacks may be the cause of the gap in drowning rates and black children are less likely to get swimming lessons compared to other races. Hispanics and Asians do not differ much from their white counterparts and the higher rates for African Americans and American Indians can be attributed to poor parenting and the lack of recreational activities that involve swimming. Moreover, swimming pools were rarely built in predominantly black neighbourhoods in America, while white residents have much better access to large resort pools.

Dr. WILTSE: OK, well, first let me address what you brought up initially, which is that, during the late 19th and early 20th century, cities throughout the northern United States built lots of pools in poor, immigrant, working-class-white neighborhoods, but conspicuously avoided building pools in neighborhoods inhabited predominately by black Americans. And then in the 1920s and 1930s, there was a pool-building spree in the United States. And there were thousands, literally thousands and thousands of pools that were opened up in the 1920s and 1930s, and many of them were large, leisure-resort pools. They were - some of them - larger than football fields. They were surrounded by grassy lawns, and concrete sundecks, and they attracted literally millions and millions of swimmers. And yet, it was at that point in time that cities began to racially segregate pools throughout the north, and it then extended, obviously, all throughout the United States. And black Americans were typically relegated, if a pool was provided at all, to a small indoor pool that wasn't nearly as appealing as the large, outdoor resort pools that were provided for whites. And so, take the city of St. Louis. In St. Louis, black Americans represented 15 percent of the population in the mid-1930s. But they only took one-and-a-half percent of the number of swims because they were only allocated one small indoor pool, whereas white residents of St. Louis had access to nine pools. Two of them were the large resort pools that I've been describing.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90213675

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back