Blacks in CrossFit

In athletics, too, there is no serious money if it is not the Olympic level. Why are there so many blacks?
As has been stated.

If it don't pay, we don't play.

No money in crossfit. Most African countries probably don't even have crossfit association but I would imagine the talent would be there.

A good majority of Olympics sports are only played by a handful of countries; mostly Western countries with higher per capita income. That is why we are used to seeing US, UK, France, Germany, Australia, Japan etc. at the top of the medal tally.

Russians and Chinese are the only exceptions who have put down tremendous amount of state sponsorship in sports where China has been good only in the last 2 decades which is directly related to their booming economy.

Here’s a list of few sports that only a few countries can afford:
  1. Equestrian - because maintaining horses is very expensive.
  2. Golf - Only few countries have golf courses and even there only a minority people can afford to play regularly
  3. Swimming - Very few countries have good indoor swimming facilities available to common people i.e. why you will not see Kenya produce a Michael Phelps any time soon.
  4. Diving - Same reasons as swimming
  5. Water Polo - Same reasons as swimming
  6. Gymnastics (all forms) - a sport that requires great gym facilities which requires spending tremendous amount of money
  7. All forms of Cycling - everyone knows bicycle sports is an expensive hobby
  8. Canoe - even if one can afford a boat, lots of $$$ is needed to train for Olympics medals
  9. Rowing - same reasons as Canoe
  10. Fencing - Ever seen Africans or majority of poor Asian countries participating? It’s high-maintenance
  11. Shooting, Archery - guns and ammunitions are expensive for most of the world’s population (don’t be surprised Americans)
  12. Entire Winter Olympics
I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced CrossFit (as long as it continues to grow) into future Olympics (Maybe LA 2028 ?) as the IOC (International Olympic Committee) is really trying to whiten the Olympics up.

That's why the sports they introduced in Tokyo 2020 were white sports. Skateboarding, BMX, Surfing, Rock Climbing.

Apparently breakdancing is gonna be in the next Olympics in Paris 2024, which though started by black people have pretty much been taken over by whites and non blacks.

Last edited:
Most African countries probably don't even have crossfit association but I would imagine the talent would be there.

I only meant America. In the rest of the world, CrossFit is not very popular at all.

Apparently breakdancing is gonna be in the next Olympics in Paris 2024, which though started by black people have pretty much been taken over by whites and non blacks.
I think that the roots of breakdancing are in equestrian sports. This is essentially an analogue of gymnastic exercises on a horse.

Forum List

Back