Blacks Plan to Riot When Zimmerman Walks

It will be interesting to see The Rev Al show on MSNBC tomorrow night.

Then he wins. He has you wating to see what he says in the media.

Damn you guys are easily directed. Sharpton is smarter than you think it seems.

Isn't that the truth. I think more of the paranoid lunatic fringe than people who have lives and responsibilities hang on to every word that Al Sharpton has to say.

Some posters have said that Zimmerman should have been convicted because he profiled Martin. I disagree. Profiling is not illegal; in fact it is an accepted and vital part of police work. It is impossible to prevent crime and catch criminals without a great deal of profiling. There are professional profilers who work with law enforcement agencies at all levels including the FBI and CIA. Their skills are in great demand and their talents are highly regarded. The problem that many people have is that they fail to understand that there is a difference between “profiling” which is legal and “racial profiling” which is not.
Here is how the ACLU defines racial profiling:

"Racial Profiling" refers to the discriminatory practice by law enforcement officials of targeting individuals for suspicion of crime based on the individual's race, ethnicity, religion or national origin. Criminal profiling, generally, as practiced by police, is the reliance on a group of characteristics they believe to be associated with crime. Examples of racial profiling are the use of race to determine which drivers to stop for minor traffic violations (commonly referred to as "driving while black or brown"), or the use of race to determine which pedestrians to search for illegal contraband.

Racial Profiling: Definition | American Civil Liberties Union

Here is a good definition of profiling (without the “racial” qualifier):

“the act or process of extrapolating information about a person based on known traits or tendencies <consumer profiling>; specifically : the act of suspecting or targeting a person on the basis of observed characteristics or behavior.”

Profiling - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

For example, if Zimmerman called 911 solely because he had seen a Black man walking the streets and assumed he had committed or was going to commit a crime based upon his race alone, that would be racial profiling. Of course, if Zimmerman had called 911 and said, “There's a Black man walking around and we need to check him out,” the 911 dispatcher would have laughed at him. However, Zimmerman was concerned with a lot more than race. The evidence proves beyond the possibility of doubt that Zimmerman called 911 because (1) there had been a number of recent burglaries in his neighborhood; (2) a man he had never seen before was walking in the rain at night just looking around, staring at houses; and (3) the man appeared to be on drugs (Martin had in fact been smoking Marijuana). Zimmerman found that conduct to be suspicious and worth calling 911 to report it. The 911 dispatcher also thought the man should be checked out and dispatched the police to the area. I think that given the circumstances, Zimmerman did what any responsible neighborhood watchman would have done.

What Zimmerman did was a good example of legal profiling. He realized that generally someone who is just walking around at night in the rain in a strange neighborhood staring at houses and acting like he's on drugs is most likely up to no good. I don't know about you, but that's what I would think.

There is no evidence which tends to suggest that the 911 call was based upon anything other than suspicious behavior, not race. Profiling, yes; racial profiling, no. There may be those who think that Martin's behavior was not suspicious, and I won't condemn them for that. However, I certainly wouldn't want them to be neighborhood watchmen where I live.

Look, I think Zimmerman could have handled the matter in a way which would not have resulted in a deadly confrontation. He should have known that given all the attendant circumstances Martin may have been alarmed by him (being followed by a strange man at night is not the most comforting thing in the world) and people in that mental state sometimes respond aggressively. I often wonder what would have happened if Zimmerman had said to Martin, “Hey are you OK?,” and then followed by saying, “I'm George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman. You must be new to the area. Is there anything I can do for you?” Chances are that Martin would have been relaxed enough to explain that he and his dad were visiting the dad's girlfriend who lived in a townhouse house there. In that scenario, the parties go their separate ways, neither one suspicious of the other and both alive and unharmed. The tragedy could also have been avoided if Martin were not so angry, distrusting and impulsive or if he had simply said, “Why are you following me?” However, I put most of the blame on Zimmerman since he was much older and should have been wiser. I wouldn't expect the 17-year old to control the situation.

Sadly, if either one had known the other's intent, it is at least possible that nothing would have happened. If Zimmerman knew Martin belonged where he was, I believe he would have responded differently, and if Martin knew Zimmerman meant him no harm I believe he would have explained his actions and then gone home as planned. As stupid as it may sound, it is possible that one person is dead and another's life in shambles because of one of life's most basic and avoidable foibles: the failure to communicate.

That is my honest and humble opinion although it took me a while to come to that conclusion.

Zimmermans life is hardly "in shambles". My guess is that he could very likely end up being an American folk hero who "stood his ground" against a "vicious, black, drug dealing, street thug" (to use some of the descriptions of Martin that I have seen here) who probably would have grown up to be a murderer himself.

So by the time that Zimmerman has his 15 minutes of fame, he could get a book deal, become a sought after public speaker for the NRA, and maybe even have a TV movie made about his "ordeal".

He should be fine.

To katsteve2012:

Although I believe Zimmerman acted in self defense, I will never consider him a hero. A hero is someone who sacrifices for others, not someone who is getting beaten by another man and has to end the fight with a gun. Zimmerman's actions may be lawful and necessary, but hardly heroic.

I can't speak for others, but I would not watch a movie or read a book about Zimmerman even if they were free. I find no joy whatsoever in the death of a young man.

I thank you for your response, the only response to this thread so far.

Granny don't like it `cause now dey persecutin' poor ol' George Zimmerman...
:eek:
After Zimmerman verdict, NAACP calling for federal civil rights probe
July 14, 2013 > "Legally, we have to accept" a jury's ruling late Saturday night to acquit former neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin, the victim's family lawyer Daryl Parks said Sunday on "Face the Nation." But, countered NAACP president Benjamin Jealous, federal criminal charges could still await Zimmerman "for what he has done."
"There may be a civil action brought by the family, but there should definitely be criminal charges brought by the [Justice Department]," Jealous argued. Under the 2009 Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, he explained, federal investigators would "have to show that race was a factor in his decision making - and there seems to be plenty of evidence that suggests that may race may have been a factor." A Justice Department spokesperson said in a statement Sunday its investigation is "ongoing." It will consider evidence gathered during the federal probe, as well as evidence and testimony from the state trial, to see if it "reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate in accordance with the Department's policy governing successive federal prosecution following a state trial."

The 29-year-old Zimmerman, who claimed he shot Martin in "self-defense" during an altercation last year in a Sanford, Fla., gated community, "called 911 a lot about young black men that he thought were dangerous," Jealous said. "He said, 'these punks always get away.' Having had that track record, those words have powerful meaning - then you hear young men who say they felt targeted by him. "And so, that's our hope," he continued. "It should not be the case that somebody should be able to track, to taunt, to kill a young man on the streets." Appearing alongside Jealous, Georgetown University's Michael Eric Dyson said the attack was racially motivated "from the very beginning," adding "it appears of George Zimmerman, when he said, 'These people get away; they always get away' - we don't have to be Einstein to deduce... that he's got a fear of and suspicion of African-American youth."

Dyson also took issue with the makeup of the trial's jury, which consisted entirely of women, five of whom were white: "They are reflection of the broader society's inability to empathize and imagine what it means to be Trayvon's parents and Trayvon, under assault, going home and you are assaulted by a marauding person who obviously is motivated by some sense of prejudice and bias toward African-American men." Indeed, Parks said, "there's a better jury we'd have liked to have seen, without question; we would have liked to have seen a jury with more of his peers, whatever that may be." But, he added, "with a jury, you get who you get. ... They tried. We appreciate them; we thank them. However, their role is finished now. I think now it becomes advocacy of the country in moving America to a different point."

Dyson said: "In the 21st century, in this so-called, alleged sense of a 'post-racial era,' where we know race continues to make a huge difference, Trayvon Martin's body cries from the grave for us to not only grieve, but to get into action and to motivate ourselves - not only African-American people, but all good-willed and good-intending American citizens - to make sure that his death is not in vain." Already, Jealous said, the Zimmerman case has ignited a necessary debate "about the way in which too many people in our country use color as grounds for suspicion. "...Various cities and towns are dealing with this differently, trying to move to a place where, quite frankly, young people of color don't just have to fear the good guys and the bad guys," he continued. "We have enough to deal with - whether you're an officer or whether you're a self-appointed community watch volunteer, we shouldn't have to fear you, too."

After Zimmerman verdict, NAACP calling for federal civil rights probe - CBS News

See also:

DOJ Determining Whether to File Federal Criminal Charges Against George Zimmerman
July 14, 2013 WASHINGTON (AP) &#8212; The Justice Department said Sunday it is looking into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin to determine whether federal prosecutors will file criminal civil rights charges now that George Zimmerman has been acquitted in the state case.
The department opened an investigation into Martin's death last year but stepped aside to allow the state prosecution to proceed. In a statement, the Justice Department said the criminal section of its civil rights division, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office for the Middle District of Florida are continuing to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal probe, in addition to the evidence and testimony from the state trial. "Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction," the statement said. Justice added that it will determine "whether federal prosecution is appropriate in accordance with the department's policy governing successive federal prosecution following a state trial."

From the Rodney King case in Los Angeles to the Algiers Motel incident in Detroit more than four decades ago, the Justice Department has a long history of using federal civil rights law in an effort to convict defendants who have previously been acquitted in related state cases. On Sunday, NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous started a petition calling for the Justice Department to open a civil rights case against Zimmerman for the shooting death of 17-year-old Martin, but experience has shown it's almost never easy getting convictions in such high-profile prosecutions. "The Justice Department would face significant challenges in bringing a federal civil rights case against Mr. Zimmerman," said Alan Vinegrad, the former U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of New York. "There are several factual and legal hurdles that federal prosecutors would have to overcome: They'd have to show not only that the attack was unjustified, but that Mr. Zimmerman attacked Mr. Martin because of his race and because he was using a public facility, the street."

As to the last element, the confrontation between Zimmerman and the shooting victim occurred in a gated community, which may not fit the legal definition of a public facility. Lauren Resnick, a former federal prosecutor in New York who successfully tried a man in the killing of an Orthodox Jew during the 1991 Crown Heights riots in Brooklyn, said the Justice Department could conceivably proceed under a theory that Zimmerman interfered with Martin's right to walk down a public street based on his race or religion. But that would be challenging, she said, because it would require prosecutors to prove, among other things, that trailing Martin on the street constituted interference. "One could argue it did, if it freaked him out and he couldn't comfortably walk down the street &#8212; there's an argument here," said Resnick, who is now in private practice.

But she said federal prosecutors were likely to encounter the same hurdles as state prosecutors in establishing that Zimmerman was driven by racial animus and was the initial aggressor, as opposed to someone who acted in self-defense. "When you have a fact pattern where one person's alive, and one person's not, and the person alive is the defendant, it's hard to prove things beyond a reasonable doubt," said Resnick.

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/doj...against-george-zimmerman#sthash.JPa8VeD6.dpuf

Last edited:
To katsteve2012:

Although I believe Zimmerman acted in self defense, I will never consider him a hero. A hero is someone who sacrifices for others, not someone who is getting beaten by another man and has to end the fight with a gun. Zimmerman's actions may be lawful and necessary, but hardly heroic.

I can't speak for others, but I would not watch a movie or read a book about Zimmerman even if they were free. I find no joy whatsoever in the death of a young man.

I thank you for your response, the only response to this thread so far.

Thanks for your response as well. I do think that Zimmerman will have an appeal to a certain segment of society, maybe to a lesser degree but to some.

It does not matter that he is not a racist.

He must be painted that way for any of this outrage to work.

Duh, yeah... the FBI reports to Attorney General Eric Holder.

And what did the FBI report to the DOJ regarding ol' Zimmy?

We don't yet know since the investigation is ongoing. BTW, the DOJ released a statement about it today.

No worries Eric Holder is on the job:eusa_whistle:

New_Black_Panther_Party.jpg

Forum List

Back