Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

Literally? No but I would have had to get permission in order to.

No you wouldn't have. There is no law preventing you from feeding your baby formula, water, coca-cola - whatever you like.

Not to mention the entire program is VOLUNTARY. Hospitals do not have to participate if they don't want.

Sheesh.
just unless I want the hospital to provide it. Again I am going off your posts cupcake.
I suppose hospitals should just provide you with whatever the fuck you like then.

Making it voluntary is even worse. That means some retard thought this up, passed it and made it a law. What a waste of government resources.

OK. So now your prefer forcible regulation to voluntary regulation. That would appear to be a 180 in your viewpoint. Its beginning to look like you don't actually care what the law does - you just know you're supposed to hate it.

How long have you lived in New York?

stay out of my vagina!! But my tits, well that's ok??
read much?

under the city health department’s voluntary latch on nyc initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: mayor bloomberg pushing nyc hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - nypost.com

do you know how much fun it is to get one of these baskets after you've been pushing and screaming for <fill in the blank> hours?

Holy toledo. You're lying there going "i just passed a bowling ball" and at least someone comes in and hands you free stuff.

:d

then go to a hospital that hasn't volunteered to be part of the program.

You are a resident of New York City - yes or no?

No, just harassess the piss out of her every time she asked for one. Bloomberg is a moron and so are you.

No one is harassing anyone. The entire program is VOLUNTARY

wrong again pissant.

You didn't even read the fucking OP.
Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

My fuck you're lazy.

read much?

do you know how much fun it is to get one of these baskets after you've been pushing and screaming for <fill in the blank> hours?

Holy toledo. You're lying there going "i just passed a bowling ball" and at least someone comes in and hands you free stuff.

the hospitals volunteered? and Not the patients! Why don't they have balls enough to ask the patients if they want to be involved in this harrassment?

Under Latch On NYC, new mothers who want formula won’t be denied it, but hospitals will keep infant formula in out-of-the-way secure storerooms or in locked boxes like those used to dispense and track medications.

With each bottle a mother requests and receives, she’ll also get a talking-to. Staffers will explain why she should offer the breast instead

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

No one is harassing anyone. The entire program is VOLUNTARY

wrong again pissant.

You didn't even read the fucking OP.
Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

My fuck you're lazy.

You have an air filled balloon for a head. tsk tsk tsk

the hospitals volunteered? and Not the patients! Why don't they have balls enough to ask the patients if they want to be involved in this harrassment?

They do. Its called "if you like our hospital, choose our services, if you don't, go to another hospital."

But I guess hospitals are supposed to let patients make any rules they want. Hey next time my wife and I have a kid, I'll make the rule that daddy gets as much opiate pain relief as mommy - its not their right to tell me I can't, right?

EDIT- so we see that not only do you think government has no right to regulate hospitals - you don't even think HOSPITALS have a right to regulate THEMSELVES!

Last edited:
Bloomberg wouldn't have stopped your wife from using formula. You're being a moron.

No you wouldn't have. There is no law preventing you from feeding your baby formula, water, coca-cola - whatever you like.

Not to mention the entire program is VOLUNTARY. Hospitals do not have to participate if they don't want.

Sheesh.

Too bad the patients aren't given a choice! Sheesh.

They do. Its called "if you like our hospital, choose our services, if you don't, go to another hospital."

But I guess hospitals are supposed to let patients make any rules they want. Hey next time my wife and I have a kid, I'll make the rule that daddy gets as much opiate pain relief as mommy - its not their right to tell me I can't, right?

That's fine for those who have time to plan but the patients delivering in the near future won't be given a choice fuck liberals and their assinine bullying.

Sheesh.
just unless I want the hospital to provide it. Again I am going off your posts cupcake.
I suppose hospitals should just provide you with whatever the fuck you like then.

Making it voluntary is even worse. That means some retard thought this up, passed it and made it a law. What a waste of government resources.

OK. So now your prefer forcible regulation to voluntary regulation. That would appear to be a 180 in your viewpoint. Its beginning to look like you don't actually care what the law does - you just know you're supposed to hate it.

Yeah when it comes to formula and such yes. Don't be stupid.

Forcible? What are you smoking. I prefer there be nothing. No regulation at all you dipshit.
way to get that wrong, stop assuming things. You are only going to hurt yourself.

Living in new york is a irreverent question. This is a message board where we state our opinions.

The People consent to it through their government. That was kinda the whole point of the Revolution - that we not be taxed without our consent through a representative body. Did the Revolution fail?

Again, democratic consent isn't the issue. Taxes aren't voluntary, even if we give government our consent to levy them. If you really believe otherwise, try not paying your taxes and tell me how that works out.

What I don't understand is what your conception of federal and state limitations on government are.

I believe I've made it abundantly clear that local governments must operate within the limits of federal and state law - including the U.S. and state Constitution. What about that do you not understand? If it doesn't violate a higher law, NYC can regulate however it chooses.

Our leaders have made careers of obfuscating and evading those limitations with the same king of vague sophistry you're leaning on here. So, falling back on the "bounds of overriding federal and state laws" is a copout. I'm asking you what you think those bounds should be. Because very often you argue as though they should be virtually nothing at all - and that leaves us with your naked statement that: "the purpose of local government is whatever the fuck the locally governed decide it is" - which is mob rule and dangerous in the extreme.

What should they be? I think the U.S. Constitution is fine the way it is. You believe we should amend it to disallow state and local governments from regulating business?

You're just playing dodge 'em. I'm asking for your views on how government ought to be limited. Federal and state constitutions are the targets of endless equivocation and lawyering. I'm not interested in the wildly differing views on current precedent or the vague politics involved. I'm trying to get your opinion on what the ideal scope of government should be. Why don't you want to answer?

I'm not asking to be a jerk. I think it's an incredibly important question and one that we need to think about more than we do. The fact that so people ever even ask the question is pointing us in the direction of government that does anything and everything, that controls anything and everything. I think we're going to regret that if we don't get a handle on it.

Sheesh.

Patients can choose which hospital they go to moron.

Again, democratic consent isn't the issue. Taxes aren't voluntary, even if we give government our consent to levy them. If you really believe otherwise, try not paying your taxes and tell me how that works out.

What I don't understand is what your conception of federal and state limitations on government are.

I believe I've made it abundantly clear that local governments must operate within the limits of federal and state law - including the U.S. and state Constitution. What about that do you not understand? If it doesn't violate a higher law, NYC can regulate however it chooses.

Our leaders have made careers of obfuscating and evading those limitations with the same king of vague sophistry you're leaning on here. So, falling back on the "bounds of overriding federal and state laws" is a copout. I'm asking you what you think those bounds should be. Because very often you argue as though they should be virtually nothing at all - and that leaves us with your naked statement that: "the purpose of local government is whatever the fuck the locally governed decide it is" - which is mob rule and dangerous in the extreme.

What should they be? I think the U.S. Constitution is fine the way it is. You believe we should amend it to disallow state and local governments from regulating business?

You're just playing dodge 'em. I'm asking for your views on how government ought to be limited. Federal and state constitutions are the targets of endless equivocation and lawyering. I'm not interested in the wildly differing views on current precedent or the vague politics involved. I'm trying to get your opinion on what the ideal scope of government should be. Why don't you want to answer?

I'm not asking to be a jerk. I think it's an incredibly important question and one that we need to think about more than we do. The fact that so people ever even ask the question is pointing us in the direction of government that does anything and everything, that controls anything and everything. I think we're going to regret that if we don't get a handle on it.

Local government should be limited by federal and state laws (including Constitutions) and by the Will of the local People as expressed through that government. That's not "dodge em" - its actually a very direct answer to your question.

That's my view. I'm sorry it isn't your view.

Sheesh.

So now we're forcing patients to choose whether or not they'll subject themselves to harassment. Good job libtards. Good job.

Yeah when it comes to formula and such yes. Don't be stupid.

Forcible? What are you smoking. I prefer there be nothing. No regulation at all you dipshit.
way to get that wrong, stop assuming things. You are only going to hurt yourself.

"Making it voluntary is even worse." - YOU said that, right? Even worse than WHAT?

Living in new york is a irreverent question. This is a message board where we state our opinions.

Its quite relevant considering laws in New York City don't affect you, yet you've been feigning that this is somehow an assault on your rights.

Local government should be limited by federal and state laws (including Constitutions) and by the Will of the local People as expressed through that government. That's not "dodge em" - its actually a very direct answer to your question.

That's my view. I'm sorry it isn't your view.

I don't know whether it's my view or not, because I'm not sure how you interpret federal and state laws (if you haven't noticed, there's quite a lot of disagreement on that issue). That's why I'm asking you to actually tell me what you think, rather than delegating to an abstract authority. I mean, it's fine to say you believe in limited government, but without stipulating what those limits should be it's sort of meaningless, don't you think?

Last edited:

Under Latch On NYC, new mothers who want formula won’t be denied it, but hospitals will keep infant formula in out-of-the-way secure storerooms or in locked boxes like those used to dispense and track medications.

With each bottle a mother requests and receives, she’ll also get a talking-to. Staffers will explain why she should offer the breast instead

OMG I can't begin to tell you how I revile this.

Aye carumba. A staffer is going to tell a young mother she has to breast feed. I want to bazooka barf.

Young mother will get a talking to. Holy toledo. This is nightmarish. It takes months to decide to breast feed these days. We're not in a field with a kid hanging off our tits. We make business choices on how we are going to deal with our motherhood.

So now we're forcing patients to choose whether or not they'll subject themselves to harassment. Good job libtards. Good job.

No one is harassing anyone. Patients are free to choose whatever hospital they like and can pay for.

Now you want them to choose between "getting a talking to" and why "she should breast feed" with EACH and EVERY bottle. It's harrassment all day long and no matter how many times you say it isn't it still IS.

OMG I can't begin to tell you how I revile this.

Aye carumba. A staffer is going to tell a young mother she has to breast feed. I want to bazooka barf.

Young mother will get a talking to. Holy toledo. This is nightmarish. It takes months to decide to breast feed these days. We're not in a field with a kid hanging off our tits. We make business choices on how we are going to deal with our motherhood.

It's your typical liberal clusterfuck. Plain and simple.

Forum List

Back