Blue Angels fly over.

They do shows all over the country all the time.
On Tax Payer dollars- their fuel and maintenance time probably costs more than you make in a year.

Nope.
In fact it's far cheaper than I thought.
60K an hour for the squadron to fly. So three times less than we make in a year.
60K could feed a lot of people in the community they're flying over.
Multiply that 60K by how many airshows they're putting on during this unemployment crisis.

Not really.
You'd be talking about 60 families in a town of over 5 million.

I wanted to post what a waste of money when people are starving but admit I was afraid of the consequences.
I don't mind doing it. I ain't skeered. Nor do I subscribe to political dogma of the acolytes of the duopoly.
They performed in Nassau County a week ago and a lot of my neighbors who are complaining about being out of work went out to admire them.
I asked my neighbors not to complain about their lack of a paycheck and they pretty much all realized how stupid they were being.

What it costs for them to fly wouldnt be a drop in the ocean compared to our losses.
Now if we were to shut down all unnecessary gov spending .......
Too bad every level of government across our fruited plain is so damn convoluted we no longer know what we need or don't need.

On Tax Payer dollars- their fuel and maintenance time probably costs more than you make in a year.

Nope.
60K an hour for the squadron to fly. So three times less than we make in a year.
Multiply that 60K by how many airshows they're putting on during this unemployment crisis.

Not really.
That's significant enough for me vs a Flying Air Show.

What they're doing is feel good propaganda- I admire their skill but it's completely unnecessary, as in "not essential", and hopefully the individuals who are taken to court will have legal counsel smart enough to expose the bullshit fly overs for what they are in the course of defending their clients.

BTW, I don't approve of public fly over propaganda anywhere.

What they're doing is feel good propaganda- I admire their skill but it's completely unnecessary, as in "not essential", and hopefully the individuals who are taken to court will have legal counsel smart enough to expose the bullshit fly overs for what they are in the course of defending their clients.

BTW, I don't approve of public fly over propaganda anywhere.
It's a complete ego waste of tax payer money; it may as well be run by Liberals.
God forbid there's a crash.

Not really.
Did I say all 5 million? No, I said, you make in a year.

We make over three times what it cost for the flyover in a year.
And you must have misunderstood or missed my previous post.
It would only give 60 families a paltry 1k in a city of over 5 million people.

Nope.

Not really.
That's significant enough for me vs a Flying Air Show.

Most air shows are flying ones.....
This doesnt really bother me. We waste far more money in social programs that shouldnt even exist.

Not really.

I wouldn't weigh one human against another but I will weigh a 60 families over an air show.

Paltry? One man's trash is another man's treasure- 1000 bucks would make me pretty happy- the *point* being, it's a complete waste of tax payer money- MAYBE in your circle of acquaintances that's okay- in mine, not so much.

This doesnt really bother me. We waste far more money in social programs that shouldnt even exist.
Like what? Determining who or what is "essential"? Foreign interventions so the MIC can remain stable?
The unconstitutional alphabet agencies that don't give a fuck about your Rights? Maybe you approve of the unconstitutional wars, foreign and domestic? If you like the war on drugs you have to like the war on poverty-
they go hand in hand, financed by the same subscription to the fed reserve - that insures your safety- or not- as it certainly doesn't secure your Liberty-

Not really.

I wouldn't weigh one human against another but I will weigh a 60 families over an air show.

You're assuming those 60 families are going to starve to death.
Which we both know is highly unlikely.

Paltry? One man's trash is another man's treasure- 1000 bucks would make me pretty happy- the *point* being, it's a complete waste of tax payer money- MAYBE in your circle of acquaintances that's okay- in mine, not so much.

As I said.
There are far more gov programs that waste far more money.
I'd say 60k isnt that much to show our appreciation to the men and women who are on the front lines of the virus.

Like what? Determining who or what is "essential"? Foreign interventions so the MIC can remain stable?
The unconstitutional alphabet agencies that don't give a fuck about your Rights? Maybe you approve of the unconstitutional wars, foreign and domestic? If you like the war on drugs you have to like the war on poverty-
they go hand in hand, financed by the same subscription to the fed reserve - that insures your safety- or not- as it certainly doesn't secure your Liberty-

You just answered your own question.

Window dressing flyovers are like giving aspirin to cancer patients.

Pretty sure aspirin isnt meant to be a moral booster.

And it also doesn't relieve hunger pains, pay the rent, pay a car note, etc., etc..

As I've already said.
60k wouldnt do shit for a city of over 5 million when they're already getting there gov checks.

You missed them.
You got ripped off.

Forum List

Back