Blue Angels fly over.

Not really.
You'd be talking about 60 families in a town of over 5 million.
Did I say all 5 million? No, I said, you make in a year.

We make over three times what it cost for the flyover in a year.
And you must have misunderstood or missed my previous post.
It would only give 60 families a paltry 1k in a city of over 5 million people.
I wouldn't weigh one human against another but I will weigh a 60 families over an air show.

You're assuming those 60 families are going to starve to death.
Which we both know is highly unlikely.
What I do know is I never paid taxes with the intention of funding a jet joyride.

Paltry? One man's trash is another man's treasure- 1000 bucks would make me pretty happy- the *point* being, it's a complete waste of tax payer money- MAYBE in your circle of acquaintances that's okay- in mine, not so much.

As I said.
There are far more gov programs that waste far more money.
I'd say 60k isnt that much to show our appreciation to the men and women who are on the front lines of the virus.
I don't need a jet flyover to show appreciation to the men and women who are on the front lines of the virus.
Mainly because I keep up with the news and I'm not a moron.
The Physician's Assistant across the street didn't come out to wave hello to the jets.

Oh shut the fuck up, all you miserable goddamned penny pinchers.

It's okay to take millions or billions from the military budget to build a Wall, but you don't agree with using what is basically pocket change to thank the people working to keep the sick alive?

People working super hard like the folks in those hospitals deserve some thanks, some simple gratitude. It was a really thoughtful gesture, whoever thought of it.

Tax Payer dollars (they no longer have) at work!

They do shows all over the country all the time.
They shouldn't when so many people are unemployed.
Fearful libbies freak out over their health obsession and their “right” to unimperiled health while putting all of us in a peril prone lockdown and blaming the Blue Angels for a “bad” act. A symbol of America might which they hate and are blood letting as we sit here.

Fearful libbies freak out over their health obsession and their “right” to unimperiled health while putting all of us in a peril prone lockdown and blaming the Blue Angels for a “bad” act. A symbol of America might which they hate and are blood letting as we sit here.
I see no "libbies" complaining here. Not in the other thread, either. The only complainers are far right wingers.

Window dressing flyovers are like giving aspirin to cancer patients.

Pretty sure aspirin isnt meant to be a moral booster.

And it also doesn't relieve hunger pains, pay the rent, pay a car note, etc., etc..

As I've already said.
60k wouldnt do shit for a city of over 5 million when they're already getting there gov checks.

You missed them.
You got ripped off.

I wouldnt say I missed them.
I heard em for damn sure and got a few glimpses. If I could have climbed the stairs with my bloody mary the view would've been a lot better.
As far as being ripped off.....I figure it cost me less than .0000000001 percent of a can of beer if that.

Window dressing flyovers are like giving aspirin to cancer patients.

Pretty sure aspirin isnt meant to be a moral booster.

And it also doesn't relieve hunger pains, pay the rent, pay a car note, etc., etc..

As I've already said.
60k wouldnt do shit for a city of over 5 million when they're already getting there gov checks.

You missed them.
You got ripped off.

I wouldnt say I missed them.
I heard em for damn sure and got a few glimpses. If I could have climbed the stairs with my bloody mary the view would've been a lot better.
As far as being ripped off.....I figure it cost me less than .0000000001 percent of a can of beer if that.

Cool.
Keep that morale up.

Not really.
You'd be talking about 60 families in a town of over 5 million.
Did I say all 5 million? No, I said, you make in a year.

We make over three times what it cost for the flyover in a year.
And you must have misunderstood or missed my previous post.
I wouldn't weigh one human against another but I will weigh a 60 families over an air show.

You're assuming those 60 families are going to starve to death.
Which we both know is highly unlikely.
What I do know is I never paid taxes with the intention of funding a jet joyride.

Well you've been paying for them the last 7.5 decades.
Where was all the outrage then?

Tax Payer dollars (they no longer have) at work!

They do shows all over the country all the time.
They shouldn't when so many people are unemployed.
Not a bad act at all.
An ego feeding act for sure.
Especially since we're not at war.

Forum List

Back