Bodycam shows white cop fatally shooting fleeing black dude

And also to note and applaud:

The black pastor at the church...a witness...came calmly asking the cop to please not shoot anymore which the cop didnt.

He couldn't. He was already out of bullets. As noted before the cop tried to shoot the kid seven times.

The pastor had no way to know that of course but it's right there in the video. Bang bang bang bang bang click click. You can see his hand moving expecting recoil before he realizes he's spent his ammo.

Yeah, the suspect clearly turned around...I think the cop was justified. But obviously it is up for debate. Have fun with this one guys.

Thanks, that one worked.

But the freeze frame doesn't show what you described. He's not facing the officer at all; he's facing straight down to the street concentrating on picking up the object. As soon as he has it in hand he takes off again, and that's when he gets shot. He couldn't take off if he was already shot.

The officer starts firing while Walker is crouched facing the street and continues as he runs away. And then, perhaps his bigger problem -- he pulls his trigger seven times to his target's back. It would seem that's going for more than a disable.

Last edited:
Man, that cop had a split second to decide whether to be shot or get shot. I would have shot too. He knelt down, looked like he was going to make a move. If not...he died for being stupid...he should have kept running.

He was picking up a gun, you dolt. Should the cop wait until the first round hits him in the forehead before dispatching the ARMED perpetrator?

Thanks, that one worked.

But the freeze frame doesn't show what you described. He's not facing the officer at all; he's facing straight down to the street concentrating on picking up the object. As soon as he has it in hand he takes off again, and that's when he gets shot. He couldn't take off if he was already shot.

Now, if the officer thought he might be about to take a shooting position once he picked up the gun (assuming he knew or suspected that's what it was) then why didn't he shoot then, at the gun itself or at the guy's hands to keep it out of his control? If he's lost control of his gun it would seem it's to the officer's advantage to keep it that way.

But he doesn't -- he doesn't shoot until the kid is in the act of running away. And then, perhaps his bigger problem -- he pulls his trigger seven times to his target's back. It would seem that's going for more than a disable.

You need to read up on the science of this stuff and the sympathetic nervous system. Under that stress...reactions are on a 1-2 second delay as the brain processes the stress. People like SEALS may not because of experience their system gets used to the stress.

Cops..especially rural ones like this..rarely encounter shooting scenarios. So the brain is under a stress dump and reactions get slower and very deliberate. Its why Krav Maga works in combat over fancy karate.

Anyway...grand jurys are usually given presentations on the science of how the body reacts under stress. All criminal trial jurys are given it.

And after that lesson...people understand more how that stress works...vs watching it on TV like a video game.

Kinda like you tailgating a car too close and they stop suddenly. Rarely can the brain process that sudden stress and the body hit the brake in time to stop.

Once he decided to shoot...he wasnt gonna stop for 1-2 seconds. But you're watching it all on a couch with a resting heart rate without your life at risk. And thats why you see it different than he felt it.

He was picking up a gun, you dolt. Should the cop wait until the first round hits him in the forehead before dispatching the ARMED perpetrator?

If he believes the kid is picking up a gun -- and it's entirely reasonable to presume he is -- why doesn't he shoot at the gun or the kid's hand to keep it out of his control? And perhaps he did but unsuccessfully, whereupon the kid begins to run off. He then continues firing at a running target that's in no position to shoot back.

Believe what you want. He clearly stopped facing the officer and had his hands around his ankles. The cop had half a second to react. The suspect WAS armed.

Maybe he was. I don't know, we have no reliable source. In any case the kid's running away. He shot him in the back. We do have reliable evidence for that.

He slowed down nearly to a stop to reach down and grab a gun....to do who knows what. Shoot the cop? Maybe.

Had he left the gun on the ground and kept running...hed be alive today.

Had he not ran...and just gotten arrested for illegally carrying a gun...he gets probation and is out by the Super Bowl kickoff next week.

But...he didnt.
Probably panicked.
Not even panic...he responded correctly. No question.

If he believes the kid is picking up a gun -- and it's entirely reasonable to presume he is -- why doesn't he shoot at the gun or the kid's hand to keep it out of his control? And perhaps he did but unsuccessfully, whereupon the kid begins to run off. He then continues firing at a running target that's in no position to shoot back.

WHAT? Dude..thats Hollywood nonsense. Have you ever shot a gun at a mobile target? Shooting the hand or knee..or the gun...thats literally almost an impossible expectation.

You watch too much tv

Thanks, that one worked.

The officer starts firing while Walker is crouched facing the street and continues as he runs away. And then, perhaps his bigger problem -- he pulls his trigger seven times to his target's back. It would seem that's going for more than a disable.

You need to read up on the science of this stuff and the sympathetic nervous system. Under that stress...reactions are on a 1-2 second delay as the brain processes the stress. People like SEALS may not because of experience their system gets used to the stress.

Cops..especially rural ones like this..rarely encounter shooting scenarios. So the brain is under a stress dump and reactions get slower and very deliberate. Its why Krav Maga works in combat over fancy karate.

Anyway...grand jurys are usually given presentations on the science of how the body reacts under stress. All criminal trial jurys are given it.

And after that lesson...people understand more how that stress works...vs watching it on TV like a video game.

Kinda like you tailgating a car too close and they stop suddenly. Rarely can the brain process that sudden stress and the body hit the brake in time to stop.

Once he decided to shoot...he wasnt gonna stop for 1-2 seconds. But you're watching it all on a couch with a resting heart rate without your life at risk. And thats why you see it different than he felt it.

It's real time, I understand that. And you may have sent the command to your finger to pull the trigger before the senses can plug in new information, I get that too. But when you see your target's running away, and in the case of the last couple of shots already down, and the command to pull the trigger is already sent, you can send an additional command to your hand to move your aim above his head and harmlessly into the air. Just as if that car stops short in front of me I can veer suddenly to the side faster than I can move my foot into position to hit the brake. Because the steering wheel's already in my hand.

In other words it seems to me the sight of a target's back ought to immediately trigger, no pun intended, holding one's fire (or if it's already enroute, intentionally wasting it). That that didn't happen here raises questions about what the officer's motive was.

Last edited:
More evidence of what our LEO have to put up with....armed thugs that refuse to obey simple commands.

Another one bites the dust!

Thanks, that one worked.

It's real time, I understand that. And you may have sent the command to your finger to pull the trigger before the senses can plug in new information, I get that too. But when you see your target's running away, and in the case of the last couple of shots already down, and the command to pull the trigger is already sent, you can send an additional command to your hand to move your aim above his head and harmlessly into the air. Just as if that car stops short in front of me I can veer suddenly to the side faster than I can move my foot into position to hit the brake. Because the steering wheel's already in my hand.

In other words it seems to me the sight of a target's back ought to immediately trigger, no pun intended, holding one's fire (or if it's already enroute, intentionally wasting it). That that didn't happen here raises questions about what the officer's motive was.
What a brilliant argument...coming from someone who has no clue regarding real life law enforcement. I'm betting you would have defended the thug had the officer been killed.

Thanks, that one worked.

What a brilliant argument...coming from someone who has no clue regarding real life law enforcement. I'm betting you would have defended the thug had the officer been killed.

I'm sure you are. You're an idiot. And your post immediately before this one sums it up.

Final thoughts, because I can't stomach watching this video any more -- my concern is really not the prospect that Officer McMillin did not follow police procedure. If true that would be a problem on one level. My concern is that he did. If true that's a much bigger level.

And second, although it didn't succeed (yet), I deplore the OP's attempt at race-baiting by inserting the races of the two parties into the thread title. That's bullshit.

Thanks, that one worked.

I'm sure you are. You're an idiot. And your post immediately before this one sums it up.

Final thoughts, because I can't stomach watching this video any more -- my concern is really not the prospect that Officer McMillin did not follow police procedure. If true that would be a problem on one level. My concern is that he did. If true that's a much bigger level.

And second, although it didn't succeed (yet), I deplore the OP's attempt at race-baiting by inserting the races of the two parties into the thread title. That's bullshit.

I agree with that statement 100%.

Thanks, that one worked.

While I agree with your last sentence, my post to which you refer merely expresses the pleasure I get when armed thugs are killed. I would cheer had the colors been reversed...black cop kills white armed thug. Another one bites the dust!

Thanks, that one worked.

I could go deep into details on the science of the stress and body/brain/reaction time connection but I wont. I was in 2 gunfire exchanges in my 8 years with APD. The stress and tunnel vision and auditory exclusion and delayee information processing the brain goes through....its hard to understand unless you've experienced it and certainly cant relate from watching a video.

Military folks train intensely for precisely that nervous system dump they get in combat. Its why some troops are said to freeze and not remember what happened. Professional boxers or MMA fighters even get it.

But again...its a thing people dont understand. We are a video game culture. People think a cop squaring off with an armed thug...feels just like playing a video game on the couch....just hit the joystick buttons and react.

Real combat situations arent like that.

Forum List

Back