Boehner lashes out at conservatives

pfft. Go play in a sandbox and ignore cruz.

He will be hard to ignore when he becomes a candidate for President in 2015...

Cruz is awesome. A brilliant populist. If he runs for president, watch out!

People will remember that he was willing to shut down the government if Obamacare was not delayed a year.

Never play poker with 'The Cruzer'.

(um....it goes without saying that taking chips away from 'The Boner' is easy.)

I am conservative and don't respect Boner, he is a wimp but he is right here. The kooks on the right that want to shut the GOV down again are fucking stupid or Democrap operatives hiding within our ranks.

Only a dumbfuck can't understand you aren't getting your agenda with Democraps running the White House and Senate so taking the best deal is all you will get for now.

The GOP can take down Obama once they own the Senate, but shutting down the GOV again would ensure that never happens and in fact the HoR would possibly fall to the Democraps.

I am conservative and don't respect Boner, he is a wimp but he is right here. The kooks on the right that want to shut the GOV down again are fucking stupid or Democrap operatives hiding within our ranks.

Only a dumbfuck can't understand you aren't getting your agenda with Democraps running the White House and Senate so taking the best deal is all you will get for now.

The GOP can take down Obama once they own the Senate, but shutting down the GOV again would ensure that never happens and in fact the HoR would possibly fall to the Democraps.
There was never any threat of another shutdown

No way Boehner does this without careful calculation.

Either he's convinced that the Tea Party's influence is waning, or he thinks he needs to do this to stay in power.

Politicians are about themselves only, this wasn't an off-the-cuff remark.

I dunno... isn't Boehner known for his "emotional" outbursts? ;)

Either he's convinced that the Tea Party's influence is waning, or he thinks he needs to do this to stay in power.

Used car salesmen will sell their grandmother if they think they can close a deal. The 'deal' is everything.

Boehner lashes out at conservative groups over budget deal ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Boehner finally grew a pair! But now the baggers will be coming after him!

Well the dumb ass Tea Partier's are standing on their so-called "principles" meaning their standing on their " personal opinions"--meaning they can't see the forest through the trees. Descent amount the ranks is not tolerated by these morons.

Compromise is not in their dictionary--it's either their way or the highway. Myself being a Reagan conservative have lost a lot of respect for them over the last few years. What's even worse--I am a former Tea Party member.

images

Last edited:
Boehner wants to be seen as someone who can get things done by compromise. Too many republicans see compromise as surrender.

Boehner wants to be seen as someone who can get things done by compromise. Too many republicans see compromise as surrender.

It is not surrender to compromise when two parties agree on a basic principle. For example, a buyer and seller might compromise over price, but they agree on the principle of voluntary trade.

It is surrender, however, to give ground to an opposing principle. There can be no compromise between a burglar and a property owner, or between the principles of individualism and collectivism.

For nearly 100 years, the right has been giving ground to the Left in "compromise" after ill-conceived compromise, and this willingness to surrender has brought our nation to the breaking point.

If it doesn't stop now, then when will it?

It is not surrender to compromise when two parties agree on a basic principle. For example, a buyer and seller might compromise over price, but they agree on the principle of voluntary trade.

It is surrender, however, to give ground to an opposing principle. There can be no compromise between a burglar and a property owner, or between the principles of individualism and collectivism.

For nearly 100 years, the right has been giving ground to the Left in "compromise" after ill-conceived compromise, and this willingness to surrender has brought our nation to the breaking point.

If it doesn't stop now, then when will it?

Seriously? Pop quiz, hotshot. Who said "I got 98% of what I wanted" in the debt deal?

Doesn't sound like compromise to me.

You are right that Boehner has taken a good hard look at the poll results and knows that setting a record low approval rating of 13% for the GOP was because of the government shut down.

Since he is part of the establishment he is now reflecting their position which is to force the Tea Party to toe the Republican line or having to deal with the consequences of the 2014 election. Right now Boehner knows that his speaker position is safe because the TP is still too small to vote him out.

what do YOU see compromise as?

As to the OP, his REAL constituents :up: the monied-interests who fill his campaign coffers & give him & his buddies, on both sides of the aisle, jobs after they lose an election or retire must have given him "assurances". ;) He's a bought-off, Washington insider to the core just like Ryan(R) who went to Washington straight away.

Last edited:

what do YOU see compromise as?

As to the OP, his REAL constituents :up: the monied-interests who fill his campaign coffers & give him & his buddies, on both sides of the aisle, jobs after they lose an election or retire must have given him "assurances". ;) He's a bought-off, Washington insider to the core just like Ryan(R) who went to Washington straight away.

I tend to agree. This was a well calculated move. I don't think that Boehner just blurted this out. He must see something that tells him the TP cannot touch him. Besides, he didn't cry....:lol:

Remember, Karl Rove is out there with huge bags of money in preparation to battled the TP loons that try to take over primaries. He is obviously a huge Boehner supporter now.

This battle between the GOP and TP has just begun. I see it twisting and changing into things we have never seen before. THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD!

Uh...if your kind in the HoR did their same stunt of digging in their heels and not voting with the majority again, the GOV would have been shut down again.

No deal going into January would have been dragged out past the deadline and the shut down would have happened again with Obama smiling at you for helping him out yet again.

You people helped cover up the rollout of obamacare with your stunt back in October.

There was never any threat of another shutdown

Does this mean that the republican party has figured out why they are losing elections?

What is this nonsense about Republicans losing elections? ... as if Democrats don't lose elections.

Tell Boehner about the elections Republicans are losing. Tell Scott Walker.

County by county, the nation is more red than blue. Republicans win plenty of elections.

Forum List

Back