'Book-banning crusade' across the U.S.: What does it cost American taxpayers?

Libtards complaining about wasting tax money is the epitome of cognitive dissonance.

Some eye-opening facts and figures on what the war on books is costing US citizens:

In Northampton County, Pennsylvania, Nazareth Area School District officials estimate it could cost the district $109,931.74 to pay staffers to review 23 books challenged by Northampton County Moms for Liberty, a local chapter of the Florida-based Moms for Liberty.

Is this good use of taxpayer funds?

Is a war on knowledge ever a good thing?

What can good people do to stop this?

"I'm a strong supporter of public education and I actually don't mind paying taxes to support our public schools. However, I am appalled that my taxes are being wasted to combat a campaign to limit what students can read," said Evan Davis, a Nazareth resident at a recent district school board meeting.

"I pay taxes in order to educate our youth – not to deny them educational freedom," said Davis, who called the limits on books students can read "not only detrimental," but "dangerous."

If you don't live in PA none of your tax money is going to the reviews. Drama queen much? Not only that, it's about age appropriate materials being made available, zero books have been banned. So that makes you and your source liars.

While I do not support the actions many are taking on attacking books, I have a hard time believing it would cost $110,000 to review 23 books. I'd easily do it for a fifth of that.

What exactly are your qualifications to determine the suitability of these works. What are your specific degrees? Education? Psychology? Law? The State of Florida requires that the books be reviewed and read only by fully qualified people, and that boards have to have one of these people on staff.

You sit at your computer and you say how ridiculous it is and you would do it cheaper. School boards and public libraries, two institutions which are exactly generously endowed with funds here, are pissing away precious taxpayer dollars dealing with these idiot attempts to ban books.

Let's talk about how ridiculous it is to ban books from Public Libraries. If these clowns want to ban books, let them put up the money for the reviews.

Read the list of books they're tryiing to ban: To Kill A Mockingbird; The colour purple; The Diary of Anne Frank; The Handmaid's Tale; 1984 is the most banned book of all time. Anything that talks about racism, the Holocaust, or celebrates non-white cultures

None of the books in the link have been banned.

Provide a single book title and I will prove you are a liar MinTrut

Failure to provide a book title and YOU have proven you to be a liar.

Your choice.

Who died and made you the King of the World, FuckBoi??? You don't get to tell others what to do just so you can declare them a liar if they refuse to follow orders.

Do your own fucking research you lazy little shit. Failure for your do and YOU will have proven you're just a useless FuckBoi.

Who died and made you the King of the World, FuckBoi??? You don't get to tell others what to do just so you can declare them a liar if they refuse to follow orders.

Do your own fucking research you lazy little shit. Failure for your do and YOU will have proven you're just a useless FuckBoi.
You are free to post the title of one of these “banned books”.

My money says you can’t and just showed to run your mouth.

Put up or STFU, KKKanadian vermin shit.

Some eye-opening facts and figures on what the war on books is costing US citizens:

In Northampton County, Pennsylvania, Nazareth Area School District officials estimate it could cost the district $109,931.74 to pay staffers to review 23 books challenged by Northampton County Moms for Liberty, a local chapter of the Florida-based Moms for Liberty.

Is this good use of taxpayer funds?

Is a war on knowledge ever a good thing?

What can good people do to stop this?

"I'm a strong supporter of public education and I actually don't mind paying taxes to support our public schools. However, I am appalled that my taxes are being wasted to combat a campaign to limit what students can read," said Evan Davis, a Nazareth resident at a recent district school board meeting.

"I pay taxes in order to educate our youth – not to deny them educational freedom," said Davis, who called the limits on books students can read "not only detrimental," but "dangerous."
So you admit they bought books not knowing their content.

Leftard thinks the books are banned!!!
Quick! Buy them all up!

What exactly are your qualifications to determine the suitability of these works. What are your specific degrees? Education? Psychology? Law? The State of Florida requires that the books be reviewed and read only by fully qualified people, and that boards have to have one of these people on staff.

You sit at your computer and you say how ridiculous it is and you would do it cheaper. School boards and public libraries, two institutions which are exactly generously endowed with funds here, are pissing away precious taxpayer dollars dealing with these idiot attempts to ban books.

Let's talk about how ridiculous it is to ban books from Public Libraries. If these clowns want to ban books, let them put up the money for the reviews.

Read the list of books they're tryiing to ban: To Kill A Mockingbird; The colour purple; The Diary of Anne Frank; The Handmaid's Tale; 1984 is the most banned book of all time. Anything that talks about racism, the Holocaust, or celebrates non-white cultures

I think you should read a wee bit more carefully.

Since when did Amazon become a public school or a library? FuckBoi.

These books are being banned from schools and libraries. They are not being banned from sale and no one has suggested they are.

Please take a reading comprehension course and understand what the actual topic is: the cost to the taxpayers in banning books from public schools and libraries.

At a time, when public schools are reeling from the costs of schooling during Covid, and trying to get students caught up after a year of remote learning, parents and school boards are instead focussed on banning books from their libraries, and spending inordinate amounts of money, fighting such bans.

Since when did Amazon become a public school or a library? Stupid.

These books are being banned from schools and libraries. They are not being banned from sale and no one has suggested they are.

Please take a reading comprehension course and understand what the actual topic is: the cost to the taxpayers in banning books from public schools and libraries.
Apparently you don’t know what banned means. Not surprising since you are a blithering idiot.

Since when did Amazon become a public school or a library? Stupid.

OP admits the school has no knowledge of the content of the books in their library, Dufus.

Forum List

Back