Born a Homo? Part II.

eric said:
Herein lies the problem, if we start to allow alternative lifestyles to be covered under descrimination laws, then, in the spirit of fairness, we must open the floodgates to many alternative lifestyles being covered also. You can not pick and choose, which are Ok and which are not. Anyone who can not clearly see the implications of this, is a fool !

Alternative lifestyles that do not violate the law should be allowed.

Give me an example of an alternative lifestyle that should not be allowed but which does not violate the law.

OCA said:
Until it is irrefuteably proven that there is a genetic link it is by default a choice.

Until it is irrefutably proven there is not a genetic link, it is by default not by choice.

See, I can make a ridiculous statement just as easily as you can. It does not make it true.

Besides, it really does not matter. People have a right to live as they choose, so it does not matter if it people are congenitally gay or not.

deaddude said:
From my reading here it seems that the major point of contention is gay marriage.

1st. The government can do nothing to stop a ceremonial marriage due to the first amendment rights of those involved. Since the ceremonial marriage is the one that has religious significance and not the legal one than I have some difficulty understanding why it is the legal marriage that is continually attacked by religious groups.

2nd. Legal Marriage is little more than a contractual agreement that offers advantages to both parties.

So why not just offer them a legally binding contract in a manner similar to a business dealing that offers people the same benefits without the need of a marriage?

This is what the "civil union" is supposed to be. However it is not recognized by companies in terms of insurance and some other benefits, and it is not generally recognized by the courts when it comes to legal gaurdianship cases between the partner of the union vs. the family of the afflicted partner.

If the civil union solution is to be accepted, it needs to encompass these issues and have the effective power of "marriage".

wade said:
Until it is irrefutably proven there is not a genetic link, it is by default not by choice.

See, I can make a ridiculous statement just as easily as you can. It does not make it true.

Besides, it really does not matter. People have a right to live as they choose, so it does not matter if it people are congenitally gay or not.

Nah people don't have the right to live as they choose. Lets say I decide that I want to live my life has a mass murderer, society says I can't, same with homosexuality. Hey I didn't make the rules of a decent society up, I just live by them.

Your moral relativity stance is weak and flawed.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
MissileMan said:
:bang3:
There ya go with the juvenile areguments again. I can just as easily say that until it's proven to be a choice, it is genetic by default. Until such time that it is proven one way or the other, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Haha thanks for floipping on the ground trying to refute the arguments which you can't so you've resorted to attempting to ridicule mine which mine isn't an argument its just good and intelligent common sense.

Thanks for giving me this comedy pick me up on this fine Saturday.

I look forward to all the homosexual apologists' next round of straw grabbing.

wade said:
This is what the "civil union" is supposed to be. However it is not recognized by companies in terms of insurance and some other benefits, and it is not generally recognized by the courts when it comes to legal gaurdianship cases between the partner of the union vs. the family of the afflicted partner.

If the civil union solution is to be accepted, it needs to encompass these issues and have the effective power of "marriage".

Wade you just don't fucking get it do you? Let me spell it out in simple terms and this time don't deny that this is what the overwhelming majority of Americans believe. that homosexuality is a vile and disgusting act and will not be approved of in any way shape or form on an official government level.

All the rest of the arguments are bullshit and you know it, should we put this issue up to a state by state vote of the citizens? Hell no because your side will take an ass whipping and you know it.

Oh i'm sure you will say something to the effect of the majority are all a bunch of homophobes.

Until it is irrefuteably proven that there is a genetic link it is by default a choice.

Alright, I’ll give you the choice bit, however, it doesn’t change the fact that they are still gay, still wish to pack some fudge and probably find sex with the opposite sex as repulsive as you think homos really are.

Said1 said:
Alright, I’ll give you the choice bit, however, it doesn’t change the fact that they are still gay, still wish to pack some fudge and probably find sex with the opposite sex as repulsive as you think homos really are.

Which leads us to the next topic, is homosexuality a mental disorder along the lines of autism, schizophrenia etc. etc.?

OCA said:
Nah people don't have the right to live as they choose. Lets say I decide that I want to live my life has a mass murderer, society says I can't, same with homosexuality. Hey I didn't make the rules of a decent society up, I just live by them.

People do have the right to live as they choose within the law and within whatever means and abilities they were born with or have earned. Since homosexuality is not illegal you are making your same tired non-sequitur argument again. :2guns:

MissileMan said:
People do have the right to live as they choose within the law and within whatever means and abilities they were born with or have earned. Since homosexuality is not illegal you are making your same tired non-sequitur argument again. :2guns:

Oh no you are right is not illegal, and shouldn't be as long as it is practiced behind closed doors in private. No official government or taxpayer sponsorship of homosexuality should be enacted. Marriage? Absolutely not, but hey lets put marriage to a state by state vote shall we?

OCA said:
Which leads us to the next topic, is homosexuality a mental disorder along the lines of autism, schizophrenia etc. etc.?

Well which is it, choice or disease? I guess now you're going to start saying that autistic people are chosing to be autistic. You're a moron!

MissileMan said:
Well which is it, choice or disease? I guess now you're going to start saying that autistic people are chosing to be autistic. You're a moron!

Its a choice brought on by a mental disorder, the mental disorder being that they are sick fucks, there happy? :rock: :rock: I rock!

I still think you are queer and are so ashamed that you won't admit it here on the board, I understand and sympathize with you.

OCA said:
Oh no you are right is not illegal, and shouldn't be as long as it is practiced behind closed doors in private. No official government or taxpayer sponsorship of homosexuality should be enacted. Marriage? Absolutely not, but hey lets put marriage to a state by state vote shall we?

I'm all for it. However, if even just one state legalizes gay marriage, then all 50 states have to allow it. To do otherwise would mean that interstate recognition of marriages would have to end. If a couple wanted to move to another state, they would have to remarry in their new state.

OCA said:
Its a choice brought on by a mental disorder, the mental disorder being that they are sick fucks, there happy? :rock: :rock: I rock!

I still think you are queer and are so ashamed that you won't admit it here on the board, I understand and sympathize with you.

You flamed Wade for saying that to you. I always knew you were one of those double standard kinda guys.

OCA said:

Your argument is stupid. Being a mass murder infringes on the rights of others (to live). Being a homosexual does not infringe on the rights of others.

Your argument is bunk, like all your arguments.

OCA, why don't you goto http://www.iqtest.com/ and take the test. Once you see your score, perhaps you will realize you cannot compete in these debates and are just backgroud noise for the rest of us.

OCA said:
Wade you just don't fucking get it do you? Let me spell it out in simple terms and this time don't deny that this is what the overwhelming majority of Americans believe. that homosexuality is a vile and disgusting act and will not be approved of in any way shape or form on an official government level.

All the rest of the arguments are bullshit and you know it, should we put this issue up to a state by state vote of the citizens? Hell no because your side will take an ass whipping and you know it.

Oh i'm sure you will say something to the effect of the majority are all a bunch of homophobes.

The fundimental prinicipal upon which this nation is founded is that the rights of the individual are paramout. It does not matter how the "majority" feels on an issue like this - it is the rights of the minority that are crutial.

I personally find what homosexuals do to be repulsive. That is not important however - what is important is their rights to live their lives as they choose and not to be penalized for their choices in how to excercise their freedoms.

But you don't get it, I know.

Wade.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's not normal, it's statistically more rare, like being left handed. And it is natural, see my previous links.

Thank you rtgwngAvngr!!!

Being gay is not normal. Normal, being defined as "conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected" -Oxford English Dictionary, 11th ed. Like being left-handed, homosexuality and heterosexuality is something in your brain. Left handed people fuction and feel more comfortable using their left hand. Not to be different, but because it is how their brain communicates with them. Same with homosexuality. Gay people feel more comfortable being with those of the same sex. I suppose we could try to beat the "gayness" out of them, like teachers did the left-handed students back in the day. Truth is, being gay, like being left-handed, is just how they are. So yes, rgtwngAvngr, being gay is not normal. They are just the sexual minority.

Thank you againg, rtgwngAvngr for providing this excellent example!

Why are we all so afraid of homosexuality anyways? Is it that terrible? Are we still so scared of what is different and strange to us that we feel to need to commence a witch hunt? Stop pointing your fingers at other, and point them at yourselves for a change. We are not perfect people, and we expect others to accept our imperfections. Why must we resort to bigotry in this day of information and communication and in our respective countries where tolerance, peace, justice and freedom are meant to be for all?

wade said:
They don't want special rights. They want the same rights as married couples have.

Then they should do the same as other married couples, marry someone of the opposite sex. Case closed.

Forum List

Back