Boston Mayor Says He’d ‘Blow Up’ Detroit And Start Over

Coming from a guy who had his marathon blown up, that's pretty stupid.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Given that he had 200 of his citizens injured plus 2 killed because someone decided to blow his city up, shouldn't he not be walking around saying that we should "blow up Detroit and start over"?

It has plenty to do with one another. Sure, Detroit is a cesspool, but you don't leave millions of people homeless while their hometown is "blown up." That's a pretty senseless comment. I have my lines and my limits.

Calm down. Menino is a big liberal. Anyway, what he really said was that he'd "bwow it awl up and stwat ower in Detwoit," which really could mean anything in his mind.

Coming from a guy who had his marathon blown up, that's pretty stupid.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Given that he had 200 of his citizens injured plus 2 killed because someone decided to blow his city up, shouldn't he not be walking around saying that we should "blow up Detroit and start over"?

It has plenty to do with one another. Sure, Detroit is a cesspool, but you don't leave millions of people homeless while their hometown is "blown up." That's a pretty senseless comment. I have my lines and my limits.
I will say your reaction is to a literal meaning of the Mayor's comments.
I do not believe the Mayor is suggesting explosive devices be used to alter Detroit.

Detroit needs a new vision. New investors. That is how cities are revitalized.
The problem with these places is there are mountains of government red tape, corruption and politicians used to getting their palms greased every time someone wants to renovate a building.
That must end.
The city officials must get the hell out of the way. Let the people with money come in and invest in the city.

Typical Detroit Resident? just watch that Pawn Shop Program starring "Angry Obama Supporters"......LISSEN UP BIOOOTCH! I AINT Levin till yo dumbass cracker head !!gimme my 500 dollass for this GD Fake Diamond Ring !!!!!

I guess he's never been to South Boston.

Southie is not on the same level as Detroit. Hell, it's not on the same PLANET as Detroit!

You can spot someone who doesn't know the first thing about Boston right away. Trying to throw out Southie as equivalent to Detroit rather than mentioning Dorchester or Roxbury... :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back