🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Botched Oklahoma Execution

Morning Joe on MSNBC this morning had a bunch of videos where people were quite upset
over this man's treatment....

No comments about the reason why he was being put to death....

I'm not upset at all at the way he died...
Thought if anyone should go through what happened He was the guy it should have happened to...

The "cocktail" is about as gentle a way of putting some piece of shit down as there has ever been.

It went wrong this time. It needs to be corrected, obviously.

On the other hand, it does not appear to have been done by design.

I remain convinced that there is a justifiable place in any rational criminal justice system for a death penalty. But resort to it SHOULD be rare, in my estimation. And of course, it should be undertaken with a conscious determination to comply with the Constitution (like, no cruel and unusual punishment).

All that said, the fact that the piece of shit convict had HIS particular execution botched doesn't trouble me all that much. I still say that, even if by accident, it was a poetic climax to his worthless life. Fuck him.

It went wrong this time because they aren't using the cocktail that was already approved by the court.

It went wrong because no one will make the drugs that are needed because no one wants to be associated with manufacturing that drug.

And it will continue to go wrong because they apparently bought illegal, backdoor concoctions.

and it's ultimately not about him..... it's about the fact that we don't torture people to death.

but you know that.

You damn fool, it went bad because the mother fuckers vein collapsed.

Oklahoma prison report says collapsed vein behind botched execution!

The botched Oklahoma execution of Clayton Lockett was largely due to a collapsed vein during the lethal injection, and the needle was inserted in the groin area instead of the arm after prison officials used a stun gun to restrain him, a prisons report said on Thursday.

Mother fucker fought death all the way... and he lost!

Oklahoma prison report says collapsed vein behind botched execution | World | Ne

Apparently he is much smarter than you because he knows it costs more to execute someone than to pay for their lifetime incarceration. Guess that makes you the idiot.

Apparently you didn't get the part of the LAWYER WELFARE that drives the costs up! Put a year time limit on it, even 2 years, and VOILA, there would be no comparison! But I guess that reading isn't one of your bright points!

Apparently you think that lawyers taking cases on a pro bono basis is welfare for the lawyers.

You have any proof that THIS mother fucker had a pro bono liar,,,Lawyer?

The "cocktail" is about as gentle a way of putting some piece of shit down as there has ever been.

It went wrong this time. It needs to be corrected, obviously.

On the other hand, it does not appear to have been done by design.

I remain convinced that there is a justifiable place in any rational criminal justice system for a death penalty. But resort to it SHOULD be rare, in my estimation. And of course, it should be undertaken with a conscious determination to comply with the Constitution (like, no cruel and unusual punishment).

All that said, the fact that the piece of shit convict had HIS particular execution botched doesn't trouble me all that much. I still say that, even if by accident, it was a poetic climax to his worthless life. Fuck him.

It went wrong this time because they aren't using the cocktail that was already approved by the court.

It went wrong because no one will make the drugs that are needed because no one wants to be associated with manufacturing that drug.

And it will continue to go wrong because they apparently bought illegal, backdoor concoctions.

and it's ultimately not about him..... it's about the fact that we don't torture people to death.

but you know that.

You damn fool, it went bad because the mother fuckers vein collapsed.

Oklahoma prison report says collapsed vein behind botched execution!

The botched Oklahoma execution of Clayton Lockett was largely due to a collapsed vein during the lethal injection, and the needle was inserted in the groin area instead of the arm after prison officials used a stun gun to restrain him, a prisons report said on Thursday.

Mother fucker fought death all the way... and he lost!

Oklahoma prison report says collapsed vein behind botched execution | World | Ne
So he was a coward in death too :badgrin: They should of raped him, shot him, and buried him alive as a warning to all the others worthless animals - like he did his victim ( s )

Apparently you didn't get the part of the LAWYER WELFARE that drives the costs up! Put a year time limit on it, even 2 years, and VOILA, there would be no comparison! But I guess that reading isn't one of your bright points!

Apparently you think that lawyers taking cases on a pro bono basis is welfare for the lawyers.

You have any proof that THIS mother fucker had a pro bono liar,,,Lawyer?

I have no proof he had a lawyer at all.

I fail to see how the death penalty was botched when the guy still died. A botched execution would mean he is still alive.

The foul up is that death penalty opponents have successfully persuaded the pharmaceutical makers to stop providing the chemicals that work. Therefore, states are forced to use chemicals that don't work very well. The goal is to end the death penalty because the lives of the killers are more worthwhile than the lives of their victims.

We can return to hanging, or firing squad. A killer by his acts, assume the risk that something might go wrong with the execution and he would face a longer and more painful death than he anticipated.

"successfully persuaded"?

most civilized countries no longer have a death penalty.

so, no, people don't want to be associated with it.

most countries will not extradite to us if a capital crime is charged.

the death penalty is ineffective as a deterrent and diminishes us as s society. yes, there are times it feels morally satisfying. but the fact over 3 hundred death row inmates have been exonerated by the innocence project and the fact that it is disproportionately used along racial lines should be sufficient for us to get rid of it.

Dead is dead.

I don't support the death penalty, but I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the same people who call this barbaric have no issue with the abuse that takes place in abortion clinics.

If they give Koch-ergrl a Rorshach test, every answer would be "abortion".

peanut sized fetuses aren't the same thing as full grown people.

My problem with the death penalty is not that the inmate "suffers". We could use a guillotine and acheive that result. A bit messy, but effective.

My problem with the death penalty is that we are going to get the wrong guy, eventually. If we haven't already.

Not an issue with abortion.

You're right, they are not the same. One is an adult having had the luxury of birth, the other not yet experiencing that luxury. However both are human lives.

Either you support the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness or you don't.

It's obvious you don't.

No, you see, guy, I"m a pragmatist.

Women are going to have abortions no matter what the law is.

i have yet to hear one of you WIngnuts tell me how you are going to FORCE women to have babies they don't want.

Because it has failed in every country where it was ever tried.

Forum List

Back