🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Botched Oklahoma Execution

The "cocktail" is about as gentle a way of putting some piece of shit down as there has ever been.

It went wrong this time. It needs to be corrected, obviously.

On the other hand, it does not appear to have been done by design.

I remain convinced that there is a justifiable place in any rational criminal justice system for a death penalty. But resort to it SHOULD be rare, in my estimation. And of course, it should be undertaken with a conscious determination to comply with the Constitution (like, no cruel and unusual punishment).

All that said, the fact that the piece of shit convict had HIS particular execution botched doesn't trouble me all that much. I still say that, even if by accident, it was a poetic climax to his worthless life. Fuck him.

It went wrong this time because they aren't using the cocktail that was already approved by the court.

It went wrong because no one will make the drugs that are needed because no one wants to be associated with manufacturing that drug.

And it will continue to go wrong because they apparently bought illegal, backdoor concoctions.

and it's ultimately not about him..... it's about the fact that we don't torture people to death.

but you know that.

Last edited:
The foul up is that death penalty opponents have successfully persuaded the pharmaceutical makers to stop providing the chemicals that work. Therefore, states are forced to use chemicals that don't work very well. The goal is to end the death penalty because the lives of the killers are more worthwhile than the lives of their victims.

We can return to hanging, or firing squad. A killer by his acts, assume the risk that something might go wrong with the execution and he would face a longer and more painful death than he anticipated.

The "cocktail" is about as gentle a way of putting some piece of shit down as there has ever been.

I remain convinced that there is a justifiable place in any rational criminal justice system for a death penalty. But resort to it SHOULD be rare, in my estimation. And of course, it should be undertaken with a conscious determination to comply with the Constitution (like, no cruel and unusual punishment).

All that said, the fact that the piece of shit convict had HIS particular execution botched doesn't trouble me all that much. I still say that, even if by accident, it was a poetic climax to his worthless life. Fuck him.

It went wrong this time because they aren't using the cocktail that was already approved by the court.

It went wrong because no one will make the drugs that are needed because no one wants to be associated with manufacturing that drug.

And it will continue to go wrong because they apparently bought illegal, backdoor concoctions.

and it's ultimately not about him..... it's about the fact that we don't torture people to death.

but you know that.

Someone does make the drugs, just not in the US. They are made in Europe. They quit selling them to us because it is against their political leanings.

but you know that.

The "quote" your post attributes to bendog was my post, not bendogs.

The cocktail doesn't have to be anything all that fancy. The first one is a strong sedative. Indeed, it is supposed to be strong enough not just to relax the condemned, but to put him into a deep sleep. Such drugs are legal and available.

If done properly, the state is engaging in nothing even akin to torture.

As you know.

You don't need all kinds of fancy expensive drug cocktails to kill someone.

All you need to do is pump a murdering son of a bitch full of Valium to put him out then use succinylcholine to paralyze his diaphragm.

Cheap and effective.

But if availability of the necessary drugs is somehow impeded, we can always go back to Old Sparky.

Old_Sparky.jpg

Some people find that shocking.

Personally, I think the cocktail's proven to be inhumane, and yes it's because drug mfters have been politically influenced not to make the right drugs. Hanging, gas and the electric chair all malfunction regularly, causing inhumane results.

Sick people kill themselves all the time with a bullet to the head or a horde of pain or sleeping pills ... and some alcohol. If you can find people to do it, a firing squad seems relatively painless. Or, as I posted yesterday, a big ass shot of morphine or heroin would do the trick, so to speak.

Is there really a humane way to execute a person? Humane or not, if they are sentenced to death then they shall die and I will not lose one minute of sleep over it.

When a horse goes lame, we shoot it. A bullet through the brain is as humane as it gets.

Personally, I think the cocktail's proven to be inhumane, and yes it's because drug mfters have been politically influenced not to make the right drugs. Hanging, gas and the electric chair all malfunction regularly, causing inhumane results.

Sick people kill themselves all the time with a bullet to the head or a horde of pain or sleeping pills ... and some alcohol. If you can find people to do it, a firing squad seems relatively painless. Or, as I posted yesterday, a big ass shot of morphine or heroin would do the trick, so to speak.

Yeah nothing is cheaper than a bullet to the brain.

We don't even need a person to pull the trigger anymore. A machine could do it.

All i can say is this guy deserved any pain he might have had. And i cheer his death. Id rather see his botched execution than what he did to some young girls

And no parole for this guy, no overcrowding, no good behavior, and noway he will ever kill another....oh and its justice

Same kinds of crimes on them, really? They over dose these killers that cut up, shoot, bludgeon usually innocent people with sedatives. They just drift off to sleep, one guy in TX actually started snoring before he died. So don't tell me we inflict the same crimes on them, just shows your ignorance or your refusal to face facts.
How about this fact?

Name one rich guy that was ever given the death penalty?

I can name one that should have gotten it, OJ, but we all know how that turned out.

And cons don't languish in prison. After several years it becomes "normal".

confession........100% certainty. Dna........100% certainty. Caught on video.......100% certainty. The list goes on.

you are saying that no one has ever confessed to a crime they didn't commit? It happens. Dna is not 100% certain, and neither is video.

We can reach a level of certainty that i think most of us can be comfortable enough with. But 100% certain? That doesn't exist.

ok. 99.99999999%.

And that's good enough for most folks - myself included.
A lot of these posters who are intent on arguing with me assume I am anti-death penalty (among other incorrect assumptions). I am not - but I'm not fooling myself or massaging my conscience by making absurd, inflated claims.

If this guy had done this to a member of my family - I could have killed him myself gleefully over a three-hour period with a pair of pliers. That's vengeance. I think there is a place for that. But the death penalty is still not the most economical way to remove the threat, it's not a deterrent to other would-be killers, and as long as imperfect humans administer a death penalty, we will put not guilty people to death. I'm just keeping it real.

Now that you bring it up, this killer just died the same death celebrities do all the time.

An Oklahoma inmate died Tuesday evening of an apparent heart attack after authorities botched the delivery of drugs and stopped his execution.

Another execution scheduled for the same day was postponed.

Convicted murderer Clayton Lockett was sedated and then given the second and third drugs in the protocol, Oklahoma Department of Corrections Director Robert Patton told reporters.

"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having the effect, so the doctor observed the line and determined that the line had blown," he said.

When asked what he meant by "blown," Patton said that Lockett's vein had "exploded."
Botched execution in Oklahoma

"I notified the attorney general's office, the governor's office of my intent to stop the execution and requested a stay for 14 days for the second execution scheduled this afternoon," said Patton, referring to the execution of Charles Warner.

Lockett later suffered what appeared to be a heart attack and died, the director said.

Gov. Mary Fallin issued an executive order granting a stay for Warner and ordered an investigation.

Barbaric. I don't necessarily feel bad for the criminal although a recent study said on average 4 percent of death row inmates are innocent. I feel sorry for us as a society. The murder of a human being that has been removed as a threat from society is simply barbaric and unnecessary. I used to be pro death penalty when I was a teenager because I never really put much thought into it.

Did they mention that he kidnapped, raped & shot a girl before ordering her to be buried alive? Yes. He did. No telling how long she was suffocating in that shallow grave for before she died. Poor girl. She was only 19 yrs. old.

Now that you bring it up, this killer just died the same death celebrities do all the time.

No, he really didn't. But, I don't see why there's such a debate on how to execute someone. Any first responder has seen more than one old person who took care of his/her affairs, and "checked out." Hanging is gross. But, finding old people who groomed themselves and laid out their "burying clothes" and then put themselves to sleep is rather common. When I get Parkinsons or dementia or something, I don't plan on residing in nursing home. I've had relatives who died that way. No thanks.

We got ourselves here a bonafide financial genius, folks! :cuckoo:

Apparently he is much smarter than you because he knows it costs more to execute someone than to pay for their lifetime incarceration. Guess that makes you the idiot.

Apparently you didn't get the part of the LAWYER WELFARE that drives the costs up! Put a year time limit on it, even 2 years, and VOILA, there would be no comparison! But I guess that reading isn't one of your bright points!

Apparently you think that lawyers taking cases on a pro bono basis is welfare for the lawyers.

An Oklahoma inmate died Tuesday evening of an apparent heart attack after authorities botched the delivery of drugs and stopped his execution.

Another execution scheduled for the same day was postponed.

Convicted murderer Clayton Lockett was sedated and then given the second and third drugs in the protocol, Oklahoma Department of Corrections Director Robert Patton told reporters.

"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having the effect, so the doctor observed the line and determined that the line had blown," he said.

When asked what he meant by "blown," Patton said that Lockett's vein had "exploded."
Botched execution in Oklahoma

"I notified the attorney general's office, the governor's office of my intent to stop the execution and requested a stay for 14 days for the second execution scheduled this afternoon," said Patton, referring to the execution of Charles Warner.

Lockett later suffered what appeared to be a heart attack and died, the director said.

Gov. Mary Fallin issued an executive order granting a stay for Warner and ordered an investigation.

Barbaric. I don't necessarily feel bad for the criminal although a recent study said on average 4 percent of death row inmates are innocent. I feel sorry for us as a society. The murder of a human being that has been removed as a threat from society is simply barbaric and unnecessary. I used to be pro death penalty when I was a teenager because I never really put much thought into it.

Did they mention that he kidnapped, raped & shot a girl before ordering her to be buried alive? Yes. He did. No telling how long she was suffocating in that shallow grave for before she died. Poor girl. She was only 19 yrs. old.

She was an only child. Her parents might feel that God played a part in the 43 minutes it took him to die.

I hope it was a painful as possible, that lowlofe piece of shit deserrved every bit of it. I have zero use or tolerance for people like this thug.

I hope it was a painful as possible, that lowlofe piece of shit deserrved every bit of it. I have zero use or tolerance for people like this thug.

Thankfully the justice system isn't about individual needs or individual vengence or I wouldn't be here.

Justice isn't about personal desire.

Forum List

Back