🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Botched Oklahoma Execution

I hear this all the time....HOW? Logically it's IMPOSSIBLE, especially if the scum is kept alive, fed, housed, clothed, guarded, etc. for 25-50 years!
This is what it costs in Kansas, but it should give you an idea of how the money spent in death (and non-death) penalty cases is:
Financial Facts About the Death Penalty

Defending a death penalty case costs about four times as much as defending a case where the death penalty is not sought, according to a new study by the Kansas Judicial Council.

Examining 34 potential death-penalty cases from 2004-2011, the study found that defense costs for death penalty trials averaged $395,762 per case, compared to $98,963 per case when the death penalty was not sought.

Costs incurred by the trial court showed a similar disparity: $72,530 for cases with the death penalty; $21,554 for those without.

Even in cases that ended in a guilty plea and did not go to trial, cases where the death penalty was sought incurred about twice the costs for both defense ($130,595 v. $64,711) and courts ($16,263 v. $7,384), compared to cases where death was not sought.

The time spent on death cases was also much higher.

Jury trials averaged 40.13 days in cases where the death penalty was being sought, but only 16.79 days when it was not an option.

Justices of the Kansas Supreme Court assigned to write opinions estimated they spent 20 times more hours on death penalty appeals than on non-death appeals.

The Department of Corrections said housing prisoners on death row cost more than twice as much per year ($49,380) as for prisoners in the general population ($24,690).
The appeals process is where it gets costly.

Easy answer, you have 1 year for appeal, after that, you're either freed, or die! The APPEAL SYSTEM, is WELFARE FOR LAWYERS! TIME limit it, and POOF, your costs go away! Back in the 1920's it took no longer than 18 months on an appeal!

An Oklahoma inmate died Tuesday evening of an apparent heart attack after authorities botched the delivery of drugs and stopped his execution.

Another execution scheduled for the same day was postponed.

Convicted murderer Clayton Lockett was sedated and then given the second and third drugs in the protocol, Oklahoma Department of Corrections Director Robert Patton told reporters.

"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having the effect, so the doctor observed the line and determined that the line had blown," he said.

When asked what he meant by "blown," Patton said that Lockett's vein had "exploded."
Botched execution in Oklahoma

"I notified the attorney general's office, the governor's office of my intent to stop the execution and requested a stay for 14 days for the second execution scheduled this afternoon," said Patton, referring to the execution of Charles Warner.

Lockett later suffered what appeared to be a heart attack and died, the director said.

Gov. Mary Fallin issued an executive order granting a stay for Warner and ordered an investigation.

Barbaric. I don't necessarily feel bad for the criminal although a recent study said on average 4 percent of death row inmates are innocent. I feel sorry for us as a society. The murder of a human being that has been removed as a threat from society is simply barbaric and unnecessary. I used to be pro death penalty when I was a teenager because I never really put much thought into it.
I saw this story covered on "Last Word w/Lawrence O'Donnell"

Yeah, this is barbaric. This is no way to treat people, the world has come a long way from Medieval Times.

The effect of being part of the execution process dehumanizes all of those involved. I don't care about the accused.

Botched?

He's still dead!!

:eek:
Here's a synopsis of how he died...

At some point early in the procedure, the victim start convulsing wildly, making unintelligible statements.

He was in that state for a prolonged time.

Long enough for them to officially suspend the procedure.

The victim continued in virus stages of writing in pain, so much so he stood up in his bounds and I believe one or two intelligent statements were made out.

Apparently, the scene was so atrocious that the authorities shut the blinds so that the witnesses could no longer see what was going on inside.

The victim ended up dying from a massive heart attack.

This is after they stopped the execution mind you.

Yeah...that was barbaric.

Last edited:
Maybe someone is out for revenge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oklahoma Execution: Stephanie Neiman family issues statement after death of Clayton Lockett

8:15 PM, Apr 29, 2014
1 hour ago

LOCKETT,%20CLAYTON%20D_1393731674344_3225469_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

The family of the 19-year-old woman who was killed by Clayton Lockett has issued a statement following the inmate's death.
Lockett died of a heart attack after a failed execution at Oklahoma State Penitentiary Tuesday evening.
Lockett was convicted for the 1999 killing of 19-year-old Stephanie Nieman near Tonkawa. Authorities say Lockett shot Nieman twice and then watched as one of his two accomplices buried her alive. The two co-defendants are serving life sentences.
THE STATEMENT OF SUSIE AND STEVE NEIMAN
God blessed us with our precious daughter, Stephanie for 19 years. Stephanie loved children.
She worked in Vacation Bible School and always helped with our Church nativity scenes. She was the joy of our life. We are thankful this day has finally arrived and justice will finally be served.
Susie and Steve Neiman, 4-29-14
Prison officials do not know when the statement was written.
statement.jpg

Clayton Lockett and another death row inmate, Charles Warner, were both scheduled to die Tuesday after a state Supreme Court ruled that the men were not entitled to know the source of the lethal injection drugs.
Warner's execution was stayed 14 days.

Oklahoma Execution: Stephanie Neiman family issues statement after death of Clayton Lockett - KJRH.com

Botched?

He's still dead!!

At some point early in the procedure, the victim start convulsing wildly, making unintelligible statements.

The victim continued in virus stages of writing in pain, so much so he stood up in his bounds and I believe one or two intelligent statements were made out.

Apparently, the scene was so atrocious that the authorities shut the blinds so that the witnesses could no longer see what was going on inside.

Shot her twice and buried her STILL ALIVE.... He died TOO FUCKING EASY! Can YOU imagine the HORROR that went through the MIND of that 19 year old girl????

Last edited:
Botched?

He's still dead!!

Settle down and consider it part of God's plan...what goes around comes around, and it still doesn't compare to what was suffered by the true victims in all of this, Stephanie and her family.

Since it is Okiehoma, I am surprised they didn't finish him off with a Rambo survival knife saw to the neck until decapitated...

The punishment should be as barbaric as the crime - a real deterrent! As long as someone is still alive they can cause more harm!

People who don't deserve to die, do so, every single day.

They guy got the death penalty. Whether or not he suffered unduly, meh, it's over now. His sentence was served. The victim's family probably sees it as divine justice.

Botched?

He's still dead!!

Settle down and consider it part of God's plan...what goes around comes around, and it still doesn't compare to what was suffered by the true victims in all of this, Stephanie and her family.
Since you brought God into it, the bible DOES say that "vengeance is mine says the Lord."

Being a Christian isn't easy.

It's not just words and something nice to say, but not to practice.

It's actually a lifestyle we have to live, in private as well as in public.

We have to be able to turn the other cheek.

Most people can't.

That's why Scripture states that the road to heaven is windy and narrow, but the road to hell is wide and straight.

What path are you taking?

Last edited:
Since it is Okiehoma, I am surprised they didn't finish him off with a Rambo survival knife saw to the neck until decapitated...

Too FUCKING EASY.... I can think of a way to make it last for about a day! :mad:

Me too, tie him to a tree in the middle of summer and pour molasses all over his body with feral pigs in the area...

I was thinking more in the way of several hungry rats! Just enough so he can watch them devour him!

Since you brought God into it, the bible DOES say that "vengeance is mine says the Lord."

Being a Christian isn't easy.

We have to be able to turn the other cheek.

Most people can't.

That's why Scripture states that the road to heaven is windy and narrow, but the road to hell is wide and straight.

What path are you taking?

I've got my pretty little handbasket all picked out.:lol:

Forum List

Back