🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Botched Oklahoma Execution

Botched?

He's still dead!!

:eek:
Here's a synopsis of how he died...

At some point early in the procedure, the victim start convulsing wildly, making unintelligible statements.

He was in that state for a prolonged time.

Long enough for them to officially suspend the procedure.

The victim continued in virus stages of writing in pain, so much so he stood up in his bounds and I believe one or two intelligent statements were made out.

Apparently, the scene was so atrocious that the authorities shut the blinds so that the witnesses could no longer see what was going on inside.

The victim ended up dying from a massive heart attack.

This is after they stopped the execution mind you.

Yeah...that was barbaric.

It may be barbaric, but it had the desired result. He's dead.

Here's a synopsis of how he died...

At some point early in the procedure, the victim start convulsing wildly, making unintelligible statements.

He was in that state for a prolonged time.

Long enough for them to officially suspend the procedure.

The victim continued in virus stages of writing in pain, so much so he stood up in his bounds and I believe one or two intelligent statements were made out.

Apparently, the scene was so atrocious that the authorities shut the blinds so that the witnesses could no longer see what was going on inside.

The victim ended up dying from a massive heart attack.

This is after they stopped the execution mind you.

Yeah...that was barbaric.

Settle down and consider it part of God's plan...what goes around comes around, and it still doesn't compare to what was suffered by the true victims in all of this, Stephanie and her family.
Since you brought God into it, the bible DOES say that "vengeance is mine says the Lord."

Being a Christian isn't easy.

It's not just words and something nice to say, but not to practice.

It's actually a lifestyle we have to live, in private as well as in public.

We have to be able to turn the other cheek.

Most people can't.

That's why Scripture states that the road to heaven is windy and narrow, but the road to hell is wide and straight.

What path are you taking?
Interesting that those who are most religious prefer torturing and killing other humans.

Same kinds of crimes on them, really? They over dose these killers that cut up, shoot, bludgeon usually innocent people with sedatives. They just drift off to sleep, one guy in TX actually started snoring before he died. So don't tell me we inflict the same crimes on them, just shows your ignorance or your refusal to face facts.
How about this fact?

Name one rich guy that was ever given the death penalty?

I don't know give me a list of all the rich guys that committed capital crimes and I'll check.

Here's a name you can start with: Nelson Serrano, he's a rich guy on Florida's death row.

Last edited:
Settle down and consider it part of God's plan...what goes around comes around, and it still doesn't compare to what was suffered by the true victims in all of this, Stephanie and her family.
Since you brought God into it, the bible DOES say that "vengeance is mine says the Lord."

Most people can't.

That's why Scripture states that the road to heaven is windy and narrow, but the road to hell is wide and straight.

Interesting that those who are most religious prefer torturing and killing other humans.

Good thing I'm an agnostic!

Most people can't.

You must have missed post #2.:D

Same kinds of crimes on them, really? They over dose these killers that cut up, shoot, bludgeon usually innocent people with sedatives. They just drift off to sleep, one guy in TX actually started snoring before he died. So don't tell me we inflict the same crimes on them, just shows your ignorance or your refusal to face facts.
How about this fact?

I don't know give ma a list of all the rich guys that committed capital crimes and I'll check.

Here's a name you can start with: Nelson Serrano, he's a rich guy on Florida's death row.

Wasn't it a Dupont fellow that killed someone, not to long ago?

Some of them committed ghastly crimes, but we're supposed to be better than to inflict the same kinds of crimes on them.

You said, above, that "the death penalty is way to [sic] kind for some of these animals".

No, don't try to put words in my mouth. You said we inflict the same crimes on them as they do, I simply pointed out that is NOT TRUE. If it were we would be cutting up, shooting and bludgeoning them instead of just letting them slip quietly into eternity.

I wonder how many complain about the cost of having a baby given up at birth as a drain on our financial system, also complain about the cost of keeping a murderer incarcerated for life, some 50 years or longer?
It costs more to kill them, than to house them for life.

I hear this all the time....HOW? Logically it's IMPOSSIBLE, especially if the scum is kept alive, fed, housed, clothed, guarded, etc. for 25-50 years!

It's because of all the years of legal appeals, of course no one bothers to factor in that those in for life file appeals also.

People who don't deserve to die, do so, every single day.

They guy got the death penalty. Whether or not he suffered unduly, meh, it's over now. His sentence was served. The victim's family probably sees it as divine justice.

Yep, even with the problems it was better than being buried alive.

Most people can't.

That's the biggest problem with Christianity today.

Those professing to be Christians are largely hypocrites.

It was the major problem of Jesus' time and it's still the major problem of today.

Many don't realize when they're being hypocritical, just like the Pharisees, because they're self-righteous. This is why Jesus had a parable with the statement "take the BEAM out of your own eye, before you seek to remove the TWIG in your neighbor's."

Those crucial words are still VERY RELEVANT today.

How about this fact?

I don't know give ma a list of all the rich guys that committed capital crimes and I'll check.

Wasn't it a Dupont fellow that killed someone, not to long ago?

Don't know, I really don't worry about rich folks the way some commies do.

People who don't deserve to die, do so, every single day.

They guy got the death penalty. Whether or not he suffered unduly, meh, it's over now. His sentence was served. The victim's family probably sees it as divine justice.

Yep, even with the problems it was better than being buried alive.
Actually, it's eerily similar to being buried alive.

The account I heard sounds as if the victim died of some form of asphyxiation basically lacking air for a long time...just like what would happen if/when buried alive.

I have a cousin that got buried alive in a flash flood back home. 1 of only 3 people on the island that died due to the freak accident in nature. Basically she was in her car, the rain was pouring, the water was coming in, she called her mother in panic, who told her to get out, she got out and was washed away by mud and water, they found her broken body a under a hill of mud in a ditch a ways from the car.

Very tragic death, sad to think someone of my kin died that way. She was my age too, we were in third grade and up together, until high school.

Anyway, asphyxiation sucks, that was the point.

Last edited:

Most people can't.

It was the major problem of Jesus' time and it's still the major problem of today.

Many don't realize when they're being hypocritical, just like the Pharisees, because they're self-righteous. This is why Jesus had a parable with the statement "take the BEAM out of your own eye, before you seek to remove the TWIG in your neighbor's."

Mathew 5:38

Mathew 5:38
EXACTLY!

Good post!
:clap2:

An Oklahoma inmate died Tuesday evening of an apparent heart attack after authorities botched the delivery of drugs and stopped his execution.

Another execution scheduled for the same day was postponed.

Convicted murderer Clayton Lockett was sedated and then given the second and third drugs in the protocol, Oklahoma Department of Corrections Director Robert Patton told reporters.

"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having the effect, so the doctor observed the line and determined that the line had blown," he said.

When asked what he meant by "blown," Patton said that Lockett's vein had "exploded."
Botched execution in Oklahoma

"I notified the attorney general's office, the governor's office of my intent to stop the execution and requested a stay for 14 days for the second execution scheduled this afternoon," said Patton, referring to the execution of Charles Warner.

Lockett later suffered what appeared to be a heart attack and died, the director said.

Gov. Mary Fallin issued an executive order granting a stay for Warner and ordered an investigation.

Barbaric. I don't necessarily feel bad for the criminal although a recent study said on average 4 percent of death row inmates are innocent. I feel sorry for us as a society. The murder of a human being that has been removed as a threat from society is simply barbaric and unnecessary. I used to be pro death penalty when I was a teenager because I never really put much thought into it.

When people ask me why I do not trust government this is the kind of thing that comes to mind.

Forum List

Back