🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Botched Oklahoma Execution

Did you read the link?

Very first sentence:

At least 4 percent of all people who receive the death penalty are innocent, if a new study is right.

You do understand what the word "if" means, don't you?

And there is no systematic method to determine whether a criminal conviction is right, which would prevent the deaths of wrongly-sentenced people. Because of this, very few false convictions are discovered in the justice system.

First, let me say that I am opposed to capital punishment.

The alternative, which would be far more effective, far more deterrent and far more just would be a life sentence with hard labor.

Hard labor, 12 hours a day, and if you don't work, you don't eat.

Cruel and unusual? Not as cruel as the crime which earned the sentence, and it is a pity and it is sad that it would be considered unusual.

The whole aspect lies around the PERPETRATOR doesn't want to die, or why keep the appeals going? DEATH is the ultimate penalty, life in prison, no matter how bad (which in this country, it isn't!) is a much more preferred option for KILLERS!

assuming the DP is legal, which it still is, what I don't understand is this. We have hundreds, if not thousands, of people dying in home hospice care weekly. When they say their discomfort is no longer bearable, the hospice nurse just gives them a shot of morphine that ends it. Why all this mysterious drug cocktail stuff?

If it was up to me, we would execute all criminals by rope. One rope could be used hundreds of times.

assuming the dp is legal, which it still is, what i don't understand is this. We have hundreds, if not thousands, of people dying in home hospice care weekly. When they say their discomfort is no longer bearable, the hospice nurse just gives them a shot of morphine that ends it. Why all this mysterious drug cocktail stuff?

liberal guilt!!!!!

Did you read the link?

Very first sentence:

At least 4 percent of all people who receive the death penalty are innocent, if a new study is right.

And there is no systematic method to determine whether a criminal conviction is right, which would prevent the deaths of wrongly-sentenced people. Because of this, very few false convictions are discovered in the justice system.
Of course. It's statistical fodder for fools. The reports says, and I quote:

The high rate of exoneration among death-sentenced defendants appears to be driven by the threat of execution, but most death-sentenced defendants are removed from death row and resentenced to life imprisonment, after which the likelihood of exoneration drops sharply. We use survival analysis to model this effect, and estimate that if all death-sentenced defendants remained under sentence of death indefinitely, at least 4.1% would be exonerated.

Did you read the link?

Very first sentence:

So do you have a better study? Can you point out the flaws of THIS study?

We know that people who are not guilty of the crime they were convicted of get executed. We are human beings. We are not perfect and no system we invent and administer is going to be perfect. (I can accept that - that doesn't mean we should stop trying.) So no matter what the absolute accurate figure is (the 4% figure is the best documented figure I can find - if you can find better, I'll look at it) two things are certain. 1) We sometimes execute people who are not guilty of the crime we are killing them for and 2) Every layer of review that we remove, will push that number higher.

Last edited:

Did you read the link?

Very first sentence:

Of course. It's statistical fodder for fools. The reports says, and I quote:

The high rate of exoneration among death-sentenced defendants appears to be driven by the threat of execution, but most death-sentenced defendants are removed from death row and resentenced to life imprisonment, after which the likelihood of exoneration drops sharply. We use survival analysis to model this effect, and estimate that if all death-sentenced defendants remained under sentence of death indefinitely, at least 4.1% would be exonerated.

59.9578356% of all statistics are MADE UP for an agenda!

The alternative, which would be far more effective, far more deterrent and far more just would be a life sentence with hard labor.

Cruel and unusual? Not as cruel as the crime which earned the sentence, and it is a pity and it is sad that it would be considered unusual.

The whole aspect lies around the PERPETRATOR doesn't want to die, or why keep the appeals going? DEATH is the ultimate penalty, life in prison, no matter how bad (which in this country, it isn't!) is a much more preferred option for KILLERS!

There is an outside chance that the perpetrator of a crime - no matter how heinous - can be rehabilitated.

Human nature, being what it is, is always ready for a change. There have been known examples of redemption, correction and salvation. If this is not recognized, then might as well execute all the offenders, even for jaywalking and failing to pay a fine for overdue library books.

Even the worst offender can be rehabilitated and corrected. After all, that is the mission of the justice system.

Life in prison can be and should be worse than death.

There is no doubt that he committed a heinous crime. He raped and shot a young woman and buried her alive. What should society do? Make sure the equipment works properly. There should have been a state inspection procedure just as there should have been a state inspection to make sure Dr. Kermit Gosnell's horror house operated within guidelines.

assuming the DP is legal, which it still is, what I don't understand is this. We have hundreds, if not thousands, of people dying in home hospice care weekly. When they say their discomfort is no longer bearable, the hospice nurse just gives them a shot of morphine that ends it. Why all this mysterious drug cocktail stuff?

If it was up to me, we would execute all criminals by rope. One rope could be used hundreds of times.

If your son was convicted (whether correctly or falsely) would you hold the same view? Would you be content with the finality of a death sentence if you and your family were personally involved? Or your sanctimonious bombast is just that, a sanctimonious bombast? Would you buy the rope for your son's execution if he was found guilty (again, correctly or falsely)?

There would be no appeals for life if the sentence was not death penalty but hard labor until the perpetrator dies.

As one who did REAL HARD labor early in my life, (not as a prisoner, but as a recent immigrant) at the time I could not wish for anything more fervently than ending that hard labor and be free from it, I can tell you that while I was doing that, death seemed like a welcome change.

No dead person can be rehabilitated, no dead person can ever be redeemed and no dead person can ever be alive again.

We don't know what life with a potential for good was wasted until it is wasted.

Dead is dead.

I don't support the death penalty, but I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the same people who call this barbaric have no issue with the abuse that takes place in abortion clinics.

Jesus, can't you stay on topic? Take your rotten apples and stop comparing them to your equally fetid oranges.

If your son was convicted (whether correctly or falsely) would you hold the same view? Would you be content with the finality of a death sentence if you and your family were personally involved? Or your sanctimonious bombast is just that, a sanctimonious bombast? Would you buy the rope for your son's execution if he was found guilty (again, correctly or falsely)?

If my son fucked up so badly as to commit a capital crime, yes, string him up.

"Clayton Lockett, whose execution went wrong last night, was sentenced to death following the shocking murder of Stephanie Nieman, 19.

She was kidnapped, shot twice and buried alive in 1999 a month after she graduated from high school.

Lockett was involved in a botched raid on a house with two other men belonging to Bobby Bornt when Miss Neiman and another 19-year-old woman walked in.

Reports from the time said that Mr Bornt owed Lockett money and that he was tied up and beaten during the ordeal."

Clayton Lockett execution: The shocking crime that put botched execution inmate on death row - Mirror Online
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Clayton-Lockett-main.jpg

Fuck Clayton Lockett

An Oklahoma inmate died Tuesday evening of an apparent heart attack after authorities botched the delivery of drugs and stopped his execution.

Another execution scheduled for the same day was postponed.

Convicted murderer Clayton Lockett was sedated and then given the second and third drugs in the protocol, Oklahoma Department of Corrections Director Robert Patton told reporters.

"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having the effect, so the doctor observed the line and determined that the line had blown," he said.

When asked what he meant by "blown," Patton said that Lockett's vein had "exploded."
Botched execution in Oklahoma

"I notified the attorney general's office, the governor's office of my intent to stop the execution and requested a stay for 14 days for the second execution scheduled this afternoon," said Patton, referring to the execution of Charles Warner.

Lockett later suffered what appeared to be a heart attack and died, the director said.

Gov. Mary Fallin issued an executive order granting a stay for Warner and ordered an investigation.

Barbaric. I don't necessarily feel bad for the criminal although a recent study said on average 4 percent of death row inmates are innocent. I feel sorry for us as a society. The murder of a human being that has been removed as a threat from society is simply barbaric and unnecessary. I used to be pro death penalty when I was a teenager because I never really put much thought into it.

There's no excuse for society to repeat the crime of the offender but if they are going to execute a convicted murderer, perhaps they should consult with my veterinarian.

I had to put one of my dogs to sleep last summer and I stood across the examination table and held my dog during the very brief and lightning fast procedure. He did not jerk, react or show any pain. He simply slumped and was gone.

Why Oklahoma can't figure out how to do why my vet does is beyond me.

But Oklahoma has a lot of bad stuff going on, this is just one more problem added to their considerable heap.

An Oklahoma inmate died Tuesday evening of an apparent heart attack after authorities botched the delivery of drugs and stopped his execution.

Convicted murderer Clayton Lockett was sedated and then given the second and third drugs in the protocol, Oklahoma Department of Corrections Director Robert Patton told reporters.

"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having the effect, so the doctor observed the line and determined that the line had blown," he said.

When asked what he meant by "blown," Patton said that Lockett's vein had "exploded."

"I notified the attorney general's office, the governor's office of my intent to stop the execution and requested a stay for 14 days for the second execution scheduled this afternoon," said Patton, referring to the execution of Charles Warner.

Lockett later suffered what appeared to be a heart attack and died, the director said.

Gov. Mary Fallin issued an executive order granting a stay for Warner and ordered an investigation.

Barbaric. I don't necessarily feel bad for the criminal although a recent study said on average 4 percent of death row inmates are innocent. I feel sorry for us as a society. The murder of a human being that has been removed as a threat from society is simply barbaric and unnecessary. I used to be pro death penalty when I was a teenager because I never really put much thought into it.

There's no excuse for society to repeat the crime of the offender but if they are going to execute a convicted murderer, perhaps they should consult with my veterinarian.

I had to put one of my dogs to sleep last summer and I stood across the examination table and held my dog during the very brief and lightning fast procedure. He did not jerk, react or show any pain. He simply slumped and was gone.

But Oklahoma has a lot of bad stuff going on, this is just one more problem added to their considerable heap.

You really think you're smarter than the criminal justice system of Oklahoma? I've got news for you.

"Clayton Lockett, whose execution went wrong last night, was sentenced to death following the shocking murder of Stephanie Nieman, 19.

She was kidnapped, shot twice and buried alive in 1999 a month after she graduated from high school.

Lockett was involved in a botched raid on a house with two other men belonging to Bobby Bornt when Miss Neiman and another 19-year-old woman walked in.

Reports from the time said that Mr Bornt owed Lockett money and that he was tied up and beaten during the ordeal."

Clayton Lockett execution: The shocking crime that put botched execution inmate on death row - Mirror Online

Clayton-Lockett-main.jpg

Fuck Clayton Lockett

I don't care if he butt-phucked your mother and that's how he got the death sentence. What you fail to understand, "CRUSADER" (rolling eyes), is that our society has found murder unacceptable. And so if our society chooses to rid itself of the offender then we need to demonstrate our reprehension at such acts by not lowering our standards to that of the offender. Get it?

Last edited:

Clayton-Lockett-main.jpg

Fuck Clayton Lockett

I don't care if he butt-phucked your mother and that's how he got the death sentence. What you fail to understand, "CRUSADER" (rolling eyes), is that our society has found murder unacceptable. And so if our society chooses to rid itself of the offender then we need to demonstrate our reprehension at such acts by not lowering our standards to that of the original offender. Get it?

If you cannot distinguish between murder and execution then you have no moral standing to comment.

You really think you're smarter than the criminal justice system of Oklahoma? I've got news for you.

I said my veterinarian is smarter than the Dept of Corrections in Oklahoma. And obviously he is.

So if you've "got news" for me, then why don't you share instead of just blowing methane pixels on this board?

Forum List

Back