Boycott amazon.com

the future can't be stopped. I doubt the system works well so I don't think you have a concern.

the future can't be stopped. I doubt the system works well so I don't think you have a concern.
BWAH HA HA! That's like saying nuking humanity to oblivion is inevitable. And defaulting on the national debt....might as well do it now and get it over with, huh.

BWAH HA HA! That's like saying nuking humanity to oblivion is inevitable. And defaulting on the national debt....might as well do it now and get it over with, huh.

Actually no, it is more like saying that some day you will realize that substance abuse is harming your body and you might stop.

I agree.

There are too many readily apparent weaknesses to Amazon's intended drone usage in all but the most extremely limited circumstances.

Further, as this drone technology increases in popularity it is sure to cause a variety of problems, beginning with crash injury to bystanders. Consequently I fully expect restrictive regulations affecting use -- and possibly possession -- of toy drones.

I presently have two small toy helicopter drones that I enjoy flying around the house and driving my Yorkie nuts. But my anticipation of regulation is keeping me from investing in a more expensive outdoor version.

I agree.

There are too many readily apparent weaknesses to Amazon's intended drone usage in all but the most extremely limited circumstances.

Further, as this drone technology increases in popularity it is sure to cause a variety of problems, beginning with crash injury to bystanders. Consequently I fully expect restrictive regulations affecting use -- and possibly possession -- of toy drones.

I presently have two small toy helicopter drones that I enjoy flying around the house and driving my Yorkie nuts. But my anticipation of regulation is keeping me from investing in a more expensive outdoor version.

I'm hoping that an Amazon drone carrying an expensive watch or loose diamonds sputters out or crashes in my front yard.

I'm betting Bezos wins this one, too. He's unstoppable. Just ask Ebay.

But rest easy. I bet the cost for drone delivery is so prohibitive that only the folks in Cupertino will be able to afford it.

Hmmmm...I'm thinking a start up to make windows that Drone Surveillance cannot penetrate would be a Very Good Idea.

And a portable-wearable electronic pulse device to knock out drones in one's personal space....

Let one fly over my yard. Can I say skeet shooting! Then you also get a prize!

Unless you like the idea of thousands of drones flying in the skies delivering packages, we need to send amazon.com a message...DON'T DO IT!

Amazon testing delivery by drone CEO Bezos says

They will figure out that it is a losing investment proposal, in time. The operational logistics, liability, and cost per item of such a venture are not going to cut the mustard.

Headline;
"Amazon Drone gets sucked into 737 aircraft engine, kills 400 people."

More than likely, they will do a pilot project and realize that their marginal profit per item is too small to support the initial investment outlay.

I agree.

I'm hoping that an Amazon drone carrying an expensive watch or loose diamonds sputters out or crashes in my front yard.
The drones will probably be used for skeet shooting in my state.

Forum List

Back