BREAKING: 200+ “Militarized” Federal Police Surround Peaceful Rancher in Nevada

The Fed owning so much land is the germane issue. 85% of the land in Nevada is owned by the Feds. How on earth is that in the interest of the state's residents when they are prevented from earning a living by petty bureaucrats in DC?

Don't like the law - change it. I may even support you.

But until you can change it - you abide by it.

That's MHO.

Uh. How about bureaucrats quit making up laws via regulatory fiat instead?
this didnt happen, stop talking out of your ass.

So...like a spoiled brat, he decided he didn't like the deal enough to PAY...tho he liked the land enough to still use it. A free-loader.

How many "hungry" folks eat as a result of the rancher's beef output? Food has to come from somewhere. Thank God for America's farmers and ranchers. They actually work for a living (unlike the lazy bums working for government agencies). These "land management" types drive around looking for someone to screw with while getting fat on taxpayer incomes. At least the rancher is doing something productive.

I agree. Farmers and ranchers are VERY valuable to us all.

But this guy did not get in this fix because of his ranching. It is because he ignored the laws.

I've been following this story with great interest, but have refrained from making comments until I learned more...

What I have learned thus far causes me some concern, especially this from 2012:

U.S. Senator Reid, son combine for China firm's desert plant | Reuters

Where in relation to the proposed plant is this confrontation and these cattle? Why are we selling land to the Chinese that is valued between $29.6 million and $38.6 million for $4.5 million?

I've been reading this and, though I am no expert, it looks as if the land in question is indeed in the zone planned for this solar plant.

I'm not prone to conspiracy bullshit, but this gives me pause...

You people are worthless. I truly believe you government lovers would like to eat popcorn and watch WACO part II start on TV. I'm wondering how long until you'll label the family terrorists .

What exactly do you want me to do about it? My congresscritters don't care and if they do anything it will be something to get the rest of us to respect their authority. Drive out there and shoot it out with the Feds in some futile gesture that inevitably ends with me in prison or dead? What are you doing about it besides bitching online?

Federal overreach sucks, but this guy is a loon and picked a lousy hill to die on.

The government is at fault here. They didn't say, "pretty please" when they asked him to pay the fees.

The government is at fault here because.......well.......BIG BROTHER! They are dangerous! They want to kill citizens and destroy everything!! :lol:

I've been following this story with great interest, but have refrained from making comments until I learned more...

What I have learned thus far causes me some concern, especially this from 2012:

U.S. Senator Reid, son combine for China firm's desert plant | Reuters

Where in relation to the proposed plant is this confrontation and these cattle? Why are we selling land to the Chinese that is valued between $29.6 million and $38.6 million for $4.5 million?

I've been reading this and, though I am no expert, it looks as if the land in question is indeed in the zone planned for this solar plant.

I'm not prone to conspiracy bullshit, but this gives me pause...

What makes you think these have anything to do with this situation?

Your first link describes a piece of land purchased from Clark County for a Chinese Solar plant. Since Clark County doesn't own the land that the Bundys have been grazing on, it seems unlikely to have anything to do with this. Keep in mind that Clark County is 8,000 square miles.

The second link is talking about an area nearly 500 miles away, in northern Nevada. (Dry Lake).

The government is at fault here. They didn't say, "pretty please" when they asked him to pay the fees.

The government is at fault here because.......well.......BIG BROTHER! They are dangerous! They want to kill citizens and destroy everything!! :lol:

Go stuff another sandwich in your face you fat slob, and shut your mouth.

Yes, the Federal Government has no problem not only killing innocents around the world, but citizens at home as well, see Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Your a prime example of the new American that I hate, a fat, degenerate, snarky baby boomer that parrots the government line. You would have made a good tory. The sooner your generation dies off, the better, maybe then some positive things can happen toward getting this country back on track.

Has Bundy produced a deed or a copy of a deed yet that shows or showed that he once held title to the land in question?

No. He hasn't even claimed he owns, or has ever owned the land in question.

Only deluded message board posters have made that claim.

Has Bundy produced a deed or a copy of a deed yet that shows or showed that he once held title to the land in question?

So, what it means is that if conservatives are supporting this guy, they essentially support this guy in his efforts to cheat the American taxpayers out of those grazing fees?

You people are worthless. I truly believe you government lovers would like to eat popcorn and watch WACO part II start on TV. I'm wondering how long until you'll label the family terrorists .

What exactly do you want me to do about it? My congresscritters don't care and if they do anything it will be something to get the rest of us to respect their authority. Drive out there and shoot it out with the Feds in some futile gesture that inevitably ends with me in prison or dead? What are you doing about it besides bitching online?

Federal overreach sucks, but this guy is a loon and picked a lousy hill to die on.

Yes, everyone participating in civil disobedience is a loon. Go back to your play station, and be sure to enjoy the event on TV.

And I never suggested you drive out there you insignificant little turd.

So, what it means is that if conservatives are supporting this guy, they essentially support this guy in his efforts to cheat the American taxpayers out of those grazing fees?

I don't think they'd put it that way, but that's the reality of the situation.

I don't think the issue is this guy, the cows, the turtles, or even the existence of the BLM. I think it's just enough people are tired of federal overreach into each and ever aspect of our lives and this guy said enough. He's completely wrong and even his defenders have to admit that he isn't playing by the law regarding grazing, but it's someone standing up to Uncle Sam and that has people excited.

The government keeps pushing yet always acts surprised when people applaud when someone pushes back.

Cheating taxpayers? He is a taxpayer. The Feds just come out of nowhere, claim ownership of land he has had the legal right to graze since 1875, and claims he has to pay them a fee for it.

And stop trying to push the bs notion that the taxpayer would see a dime of those arbitrary fees, all our taxes go towards is paying this growing unsustainable debt, banker and corporate bailouts, and pointless nation building wars overseas. We the taxpayer are getting screwed only in that we have to pay for the BLM and their private arsenal.

Yes, everyone participating in civil disobedience is a loon. Go back to your play station, and be sure to enjoy the event on TV.

What exactly do you want me to do about it then? Be specific.

LOL, you worried about some rancher "cheating" the taxpayer? LOL, what a load of horseshit. The government you worship cheats the taxpayer on a daily basis.

So without reading this entire thread, my understanding is this rancher hasn't paid his grazing fees in 20 years, is that correct ?

Cheating taxpayers? He is a taxpayer. The Feds just come out of nowhere, claim ownership of land he has had the legal right to graze since 1875, and claims he has to pay them a fee for it.

And stop trying to push the bs notion that the taxpayer would see a dime of those arbitrary fees, all our taxes go towards is paying this growing unsustainable debt, banker and corporate bailouts, and pointless nation building wars overseas. We the taxpayer are getting screwed only in that we have to pay for the BLM and their private arsenal.
From what I've hear the land belongs to the State of Nevada...It's time for the Governor to step in and tell the FEDS to get the Hell out.

Why are you making this about you? I don't care what you do. I don't want you to do anything except stop asking me what I want you to do about it.

Why are you making this about you? I don't care what you do. I don't want you to do anything except stop asking me what I want you to do about it.

You're the one rambling on about how we're not doing anything except watching Waco 2 on TV. Fine. What should I be doing?

Forum List

Back