BREAKING - Detroit caves to black demands for free water.

Detroit in a few more years:

women-carry-water-on-their-head.jpg

No one can point out the problem. All comes down to having no tax base to support the needs of the city!

Of course that makes me evil!

You're evil because you're a backfuckingwoods racist. IDIOT

Being lazy and letting your city fall into the shitter has more to do with culture.

Slavery was abolished in 1865 with the ratification of the 13th amendment. That didn't end discrimination. Do you think institutionalized poverty, forced servant-hood is something that you can just snap your fingers and get over? If your father came from a background of owning NOTHING in this world, zero.. but he helped every man around him to be rich.. through his hard work and dedication, he earned nothing..not even an education.. DO YOU GET IT??? DO YOU??? DO not point fingers at a community that is down trodden by institutionalized racism and judge.. Educate yourself. When it comes to giving ANYONE in this nation water, regardless of color.. DO IT.. DO IT..

That is what they need! Why do you laugh about reality?

Well I think they should also invest in farms, energy, children, ponies, and imagination. We could also use a few more rainbows :thup:

So you're fine with the mess that is detroit. Sure seems that way to me as you're not taking it very seriously.:eusa_pray:

Well dude all they have to do is invest in infrastructure, science, and education.

Why the hell can't they see that??? It's SO SIMPLE!!!

Being lazy and letting your city fall into the shitter has more to do with culture.

It has more to do with the failure of industry within that city.

True, but they need to develop new industry. Become innovative and advance education throughout the population.

That is hard to do when all of the capital leaves the city and the people broke. It is easy to blame the blacks...but when it comes down to it...the whites left their city, the blacks did not. Perhaps the blacks should have just taken the easy way out too?

I'm done in this thread.. I'm disgusted.. If you want to tow the Conservative line, do it with integrity .. Do NOT hijack my ideology and make it about race based hatred.. I hope you are even angrier over corporate welfare that isn't a necessity.. I'll make certain to look for at least two of your names in the next thread pertaining to it.

You're evil because you're a backfuckingwoods racist. IDIOT

Slavery was abolished in 1865 with the ratification of the 13th amendment. That didn't end discrimination. Do you think institutionalized poverty, forced servant-hood is something that you can just snap your fingers and get over? If your father came from a background of owning NOTHING in this world, zero.. but he helped every man around him to be rich.. through his hard work and dedication, he earned nothing..not even an education.. DO YOU GET IT??? DO YOU??? DO not point fingers at a community that is down trodden by institutionalized racism and judge.. Educate yourself. When it comes to giving ANYONE in this nation water, regardless of color.. DO IT.. DO IT..

Do understand that the Asian and Indian (from India) come here in outscore against anyone in our schools. Half of many departments of science even. MILLIONS of poor people have come to America and lived the dream.

Do understand that the Asian and Indian (from India) come here in outscore against anyone in our schools. Half of many departments of science even. MILLIONS of poor people have come to America and lived the dream.

And do you realize how many Asian gangs there are in big cities. Do you realize how many Indians dreams are nothing more than serving slurpees and big bites at your local 7/11. You try to make it out as if these immigrants are all successful and that is not the case. You think that these immigrants were dirt poor when they emigrated...that is not the case. Some do well in school...some do not. Some live 12 to an apartment and all work at the Chinese restaurant barely making ends meet.

Personally, I believe that the availability of water should be free for all people, regardless of color. If we don't have compassion to our neighbor if he/she is unable to obtain water to survive, then we have lost our humanity and don't deserve to exist.

Personally, I believe that the availability of water should be free for all people, regardless of color. If we don't have compassion to our neighbor if he/she is unable to obtain water to survive, then we have lost our humanity and don't deserve to exist.

I support free water for people that can't afford it. But our government better be ready to understand the economic need to pay for it in some way.

WTF.. Seriously?? Only black people owe the water company?! I normally stay out of the racially tinged threads because I DESPISE racism with a passion.. I hate race pimps, race whores, AND NASTY RACISTS.. I don't throw the term racist around often but the OP fits the bill..

You're got it backwards. YOU are the racist and i am the anti-racist. I say the govt should stop giving blacks special treatment like affirmative action and free water - govt mandated racial preferences are racist. But you support such policies.

She's a shameless ****** sympathizer :mad::mad::mad:

Seeing as I am the only non racist or racially motivated poster here I will explain it. Of course it isn't only black people. Don't be silly. But the population is over 93% black. So a simple understanding of math tells you who the overwhelming majority of the non payers are. Now that we have that pesky reality thing out of the way, their race is irrelevant. If they aren't paying their bills they shouldn't be getting services.

They should toss em in the river with cinder blocks tied to them. That enough water for you ya damn *******???
We should put the mexicans in there with the negroes and fence em in!!!!!
They should toss em in the river with cinder blocks tied to them. That enough water for you ya damn *******???

As long as I don't have to pay for those cinder blocks! :mad:

Just look in them ******* backyards they'll have piles of 'em next to the syringes and blunt wrappers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of the best comedy comes from when a person is just Angry as All F*ck! :lol:

How would that work, exactly? What if I wanted to take three hour showers, or fill my pool or water my lawn every morning? "Free" water sounds great until you consider that a.) someone has to pay for it, and b.) that those receiving the "freebie" will abuse the privilege. There must be some way to charge the user for the service, and some way to enforce the charge; what would you suggest?

An interesting sideline to this story which is being circulated is that the City is trying to collect all that it can to enhance the water utility's financial position in advance of its privatization; given the City's distressed position an asset like the water department could be worth billions to a private operator. Time will tell.

DETROIT, MI -- Detroit Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch and his family released Sunday in a press release plenty of details about a bold $650 million plan to build a new hockey arena and entertainment district downtown

The investment, expected to transform downtown, will include "tens of millions of dollars in public infrastructure improvements" such as lighting, sidewalks, green spaces and streets concurrently with arena construction, according to a press release.
Investment = Taxes.

Detroit is SO Bankrupt that they can't even pay the Water Bill but they CAN afford to finance a Hockey Stadium?

"Oh but that'll bring Jobs to the downtown area".

No it won't! They already have jobs at the EXISTING Arena! A NEW Arena won't bring any more new ones. And what are those Jobs? Hot Dog Vendor. Beer Sales. T-Shirt/Jersey sales.

You wanna' invest 650 Million for that? How stupid are Detroiters? They should be rioting over this! It's not an investment it's a gift to an asshole sports team owner who probably cares not a whit about Detroit.

You're got it backwards. YOU are the racist and i am the anti-racist. I say the govt should stop giving blacks special treatment like affirmative action and free water - govt mandated racial preferences are racist. But you support such policies.

She's a shameless ****** sympathizer :mad::mad::mad:

Seeing as I am the only non racist or racially motivated poster here I will explain it. Of course it isn't only black people. Don't be silly. But the population is over 93% black. So a simple understanding of math tells you who the overwhelming majority of the non payers are. Now that we have that pesky reality thing out of the way, their race is irrelevant. If they aren't paying their bills they shouldn't be getting services.
detroit is 83% black, not 93%

and the article said 39% of the bills that were late came from blacks, 38% late bills were hispanic, 11% of the late bills came from businesses, and what's left is those of other races including whites, to bring it to 100%.

the article ALSO SAID, that the 11% of commercial businesses running late on paying their bills, ACCOUNTED FOR 50% OF THE MONEY OWED for late water bills...

For this wench of the Governor's to order the shut off of water for 10's of thousands of black and hispanic residences, AND NOT ORDER THE SHUT OFF of these Commercial businesses first, where a handful of waterbills accounted for 50% of the money owed....

While the City had to Pay thousands of City Water Works employees Union wages, to go out and shut off the main pipe to these 30,000 plus of homes.....

When they only needed a handful of employees to turn off the water at these 11% of delinquent Commercial businesses THAT OWED 50% of the entire late bill of the City....

not only seems to have a tinge of racism in it, BUT IT WAS STUPID AS STUPID CAN BE... financially.

----------------------------------------------
to all:

BTW, no one, absolutely NO ONE is paying the water bill for these home owners or these commercial businesses running LATE on paying their water bill,

BUT THE HOME OWNER AND BUSINESSES THEMSELVES.....they are PAYING their water bills, on average 2 months late, BUT WITH HIGH PENALTIES AND late fees....covering the ''late'' part, financially for the city through these late fees and penalties.

BUT NOOOOOOO, the lovely racists, and worshipers of Mammon, made it all about themselves and not wanting their money to pay for these low life scum of the earth lazy black bastards....to rephrase it politely....if they lived in the city....and not about letting government shut off the water of its citizens to basically...let them die, if they could not pay their bills and whether we should GIVE THE POWER to kill with the lack of clean water, or let DIE from the lack of sanitary conditions causing disease, it's own citizens, because they PAID their water bill 2 months late to the government....and man oh man, we got a LOAD of posters here who agree with such....(mostly because these are black people, it seems)

USMB is going to the PITS with the blatant racism here...it was not allowed, in the most part, when I was a mod..there were a handful, but a managed handful...but now, it's hard to even come and post here without having to deal with it, left and right...and this is the FIRST TIME I have complained about it....I do NOT throw out the word ''rascist'' or ''racism'' easily....

WTF.. Seriously?? Only black people owe the water company?! I normally stay out of the racially tinged threads because I DESPISE racism with a passion.. I hate race pimps, race whores, AND NASTY RACISTS.. I don't throw the term racist around often but the OP fits the bill..

Some pos rep for you, and I rarely rep. :)

detroit is 83% black, not 93%

HAHAHA. Nobody believes that 83% number. All cities have learned they have to understate their percentage of blacks if they want to attract any business. When they say 83 you can be sure it's much much higher than that.

Every business knows blacks mean crime and poverty and whites mean prosperity.

I support free water for people that can't afford it. y.

You're impractical. Everyone is gonna say they can't afford it and then the govt is gonna have to spend a fortune investigating all the people claiming poverty. That will cost more than giving them free water.

Just insist everybody pay their bill. Water isn't that expensive anyway.

Forum List

Back