Breaking Down Conventional Wisdom

Trump is destroying the rhetoric of the right as well as the left. This statement is clearly a rejection of so called American Exceptionalism.

I don't think it is consciously a rejection of American Exceptionalism on herr drumph's part. It is just that the guy is sadly, simply clueless.

Trump is destroying the rhetoric of the right as well as the left. This statement is clearly a rejection of so called American Exceptionalism.

I don't think it is consciously a rejection of American Exceptionalism on herr drumph's part. It is just that the guy is sadly, simply clueless.

Your statement is a good example of why Trump is President now. Haven't you smug idiots had that dumb look wiped off your faces yet? In case you hadn't noticed, Trump just single handedly took over the Republican Party and destroyed the Democrats.

Your statement is a good example of why Trump is President now. Haven't you smug idiots had that dumb look wiped off your faces yet? In case you hadn't noticed, Trump just single handedly took over the Republican Party and destroyed the Democrats.

herr drumph is president now because he conned a bunch of stupid, fearful people --- along with the usual partisan hacks who vote for whoever their party's nominee is --- into voting for him.

And no, herr drumph hasn't taken over the republican party, nor has he destroyed the democrats.

This statement is clearly a rejection of so called American Exceptionalism.

That statement is one of two things:
  • If Trump indeed means it as an articulation of his rejection of American exceptionalism, it's highly disingenuous given his campaign themes and his "I know best and I'm right regardless of all evidence to the contrary" attitude.
  • If Trump does not mean the statement as an articulation of his rejection of American exceptionalism, it's just more of him prevaricating. In the video, Trump implies that his respect for Putin doesn't mean he's going to get along with Putin, yet in July 2015, Trump said, "I would get along very well with Vladimir Putin." He later (Oct. 2015) repeated that sentiment saying, "I would at the same time get along very well with him."
I just see Trump's statements in the video as more of him saying whatever he thinks fits the moment. Like everything else the man says, the comments haven't at their foundation what anyone can rightly call deep thought based on a keen understanding of the facts and a body of personal experience learning and analyzing U.S.-Russian foreign policy and Russian culture and political ethos. In short, it's just another of the childish remarks Trump has uttered.

herr drumph is president now because he conned a bunch of stupid, fearful people --- along with the usual partisan hacks who vote for whoever their party's nominee is --- into voting for him.

And no, herr drumph hasn't taken over the republican party, nor has he destroyed the democrats.

Trump is President now because the corporate controlled news and entertainment media colluded with the DNC to fuck Bernie Sanders out of the nomination.

Trump is President now because the corporate controlled news and entertainment media colluded with the DNC to fuck Bernie Sanders out of the nomination.

??? Non-sequitur....Good Lord, man. I suppose that's one way to toss in an idea that has nothing to do with the topic of your own thread...Just say it, don't bother to connect it with the thread theme....Just say it.

??? Non-sequitur....Good Lord, man. I suppose that's one way to toss in an idea that has nothing to do with the topic of your own thread...Just say it, don't bother to connect it with the thread theme....Just say it.

You might also want to take note of the fact that neoliberal regressive leftists are losing the argument right now. Making themselves look incredibly inept and confused.

You might also want to take note of the fact that neoliberal regressive leftists are losing the argument right now. Making themselves look incredibly inept and confused.

I took note of the fact that you went way off topic, have gone even farther off, and have yet to return to your very own thread topic. I don't actually think you created this thread for the purpose of discussing the conventional wisdom topic broached in your OP.

I took note of the fact that you went way off topic, have gone even farther off, and have yet to return to your very own thread topic. I don't actually think you created this thread for the purpose of discussing the conventional wisdom topic broached in your OP.

You didn't take note of anything. You merely parrot the conventional wisdom of fake news sites like MSNBC and CNN.

Last edited:

WhyIwon.jpg

The fact that this is what you see is precisely why you lost and continue to lose ground. Every election you lose more... you lost the Senate, the House, the Presidency, the SCOTUS, the majority of governorships.... you've lost it all. And yet you continue with the "you're all idiots" lunacy.

Your party is irrelevant at a national level. Enjoy!!

You didn't take note of anything. You merely parrot the conventional wisdom of fake news sites like MSNBC and CNN.

You don't deserve to even be addressed by me and you shall no longer be.

You don't deserve to even be addressed by me and you shall no longer be.

Bonus!

Regressive neoliberals continue to live under the impression that President Trump is unintelligent and can attribute his success to simple dumb luck. It's both sad and entertaining to watch these people struggle to come to grips with their own massive failure.

Forum List

Back