Breaking: Get on C-Span...McConnell Giving Warning Nuke Option

. I was a street hoodlam growing up in Detroit.
Kid Rock?

Nope....not Uncle Ted or Iggy Pop either.
lol.gif

I been on these boards going on 16 years and pretty much deal with enemies in a manner they don't want a second helping of.

Ball game is on....Lew and Gator might want to use this pause for a little cyber sex and a marriage proposal....good luck ya crazy kids!

Let me make this VERY clear. The nuclear option allows the Senate to pass a bill with a simply majority vote. A budget bill CAN NOT be passed under the nuclear option.

You guys can circle jerk all you want, but that's the rule. It takes 60 votes to pass a budget bill.
No. Under current rules, it takes 60 votes to end debate on a bill. Voting on all bills, once the debate is closed, has always been a majority vote. 50% + 1 vote.

To end the 60% rule does not actually end the filibuster rule. It returns it to what occurred prior to the creation of the cloture rule.

In other words, Democrats or Republicans could still filibuster, but they would have to do so the way the founding set it up.

A filibuster requires a Senator to speak, non-stop, until the bill is either withdrawn, or they cannot speak any longer.

Ball game is on....Lew and Gator might want to use this pause for a little cyber sex and a marriage proposal....good luck ya crazy kids!

Nothing less impressive than an internet bad ass.

What’s next, are you going to come out of your safe space? Maybe put your crayons away?

Fraud!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The Senate isn't going to vote to give the nuclear option on the budget... because they know they will not always hold the majority, and when they lose it, the Democrats will start to pass bills that do destruction on everything they passed. It would create a constant tug of war every time a simple majority changes. The 60 vote threshold was created for the reason of making sure bills would have to be passed with bipartisan support.

60 votes is not needed to pass the budget.

Dems passed the budget with only 55 votes in this one example.

Budgets Approved, With No G.O.P. Votes - NYTimes.com

This is a dangerous game we play. If the dems ever get a majority & control of all three branches LOOK OUT

I'm willing to take that risk. It's the only way to operate when you have a radicalized block of Dems who will filibuster anything they don't like.

looks like the shutdown will last long!

" Trump: Ready? Comprehensive immigration reform is a far step from DACA. I am always open to discussing everything but that doesn’t mean we’re going to get anywhere close to getting it done.
I’d love to get something done if it’s appropriate. But there’s no—I think we will get DACA, I really believe we’re getting close to DACA and I’m dealing with some great people on the Democrat side. I’m dealing with some people that I really have gotten to like.

WSJ: Who?

Trump: And I really believe they have good intention. After we’re finished with DACA, assuming that gets done, I would certainly be open to discussing—you know, the comprehensive immigration. I don’t know that we’ll be able to make a deal on that one."

Republican’s Get Things Done. By 1:00AM we will have a CR. Nuclear option for appropriations bills? It's probably only a matter of time
Think they can get it to work without it blowing up in their faces, again?
It’s blowing up on Democrats. Vast majority of Americans polled say DACA is not worth shutting down the government.
Polls? I thought polls were bullshit! History tells us this isn't going to end well for the Republicans.

Might as well get rid of the Senate then, they would now be no different than the House.

No surprise all the authoritarians are in favor of this.

How dare those bastards be in favor of getting shit done for REAL Americans.

you would not know a real American if one bit you on the ass you racist fuck.

No ... maybe he is a "real" American. In which case, I'm starting to wonder whether I want to keep being one.

I finally understand why we are hated worldwide.

Republican’s Get Things Done. By 1:00AM we will have a CR. Nuclear option for appropriations bills? It's probably only a matter of time
Think they can get it to work without it blowing up in their faces, again?
It’s blowing up on Democrats. Vast majority of Americans polled say DACA is not worth shutting down the government.
Polls? I thought polls were bullshit! History tells us this isn't going to end well for the Republicans.
Lmfao. Democrats have already shit in their red and yellow nest.:lmao:

The Senate isn't going to vote to give the nuclear option on the budget... because they know they will not always hold the majority, and when they lose it, the Democrats will start to pass bills that do destruction on everything they passed. It would create a constant tug of war every time a simple majority changes. The 60 vote threshold was created for the reason of making sure bills would have to be passed with bipartisan support.

60 votes are needed however, for cloture to proceed to the vote to pass the budget. It's called filibustering, which I'm sure you know about. So, in fact 60 votes ARE needed to pass the budget; since enough Dems in the current situation will not vote for cloture to get to the magic number of 60, they have prevented the budget from passing. We aren't going to play word games are we?

60 votes are needed however, for cloture to proceed to the vote to pass the budget. It's called filibustering, which I'm sure you know about. So, in fact 60 votes ARE needed to pass the budget; since enough Dems in the current situation will not vote for cloture to get to the magic number of 60, they have prevented the budget from passing. We aren't going to play word games are we?

Nope. 60 votes are not required to pass legislation including the budget. 60 votes are needed to end a filibuster. However even that can be circumvented by the nuclear option. Republicans should do it.

Nope. 60 votes are not required to pass legislation including the budget. 60 votes are needed to end a filibuster. However even that can be circumvented by the nuclear option. Republicans should do it.

If 60 votes were not required it would have been done by now. And I'm not going to engage in any further word games, have a nice day.

Forum List

Back