Breaking: Get on C-Span...McConnell Giving Warning Nuke Option

Let's thank Harry one last time for screwing his own party over....BIG TIME!

6a00d83451af9f69e201b7c8c5bbcb970b-500wi

The Constitution gives Congress it's powers. The powers of Congress allows them to set rules for the passage of bills. Right or wrong?
Yes

And those rules can be changed with a simple majority vote

Let me make this VERY clear. The nuclear option allows the Senate to pass a bill with a simply majority vote. A budget bill CAN NOT be passed under the nuclear option.

You guys can circle jerk all you want, but that's the rule. It takes 60 votes to pass a budget bill.
I believe that you are mistaken

The 60 vote rule is in place for budget bills as a Senate rule and not backed by the constitution

The powers of Congress is granted through the Constitution....

Let me make this VERY clear. The nuclear option allows the Senate to pass a bill with a simply majority vote. A budget bill CAN NOT be passed under the nuclear option.

You guys can circle jerk all you want, but that's the rule. It takes 60 votes to pass a budget bill.

The 60 vote rule is in place for budget bills as a Senate rule and not backed by the constitution

Lewdog is chasing his tail in a circle.

You can't do the Nuclear option on budget bills...

Because it will make you cry?

Uh no? I guess when your party is in power we should just throw all the rules out the window? No wonder this forum is so fucked up, and shit never gets done in Washington.

This forum is why nothing gets done in DC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The extension of the attitude of those on this forum, that take place in DC and are reflected here is. :rolleyes:

Lewdog is chasing his tail in a circle.

No. It's not a complicated concept. Congress only has the powers that they do through the Constitution.

You can't do the Nuclear option on budget bills...

Because it will make you cry?

Uh no? I guess when your party is in power we should just throw all the rules out the window? No wonder this forum is so fucked up, and shit never gets done in Washington.
Nuclear option for appropriations bills? It's probably only a matter of time
Senate sets it’s own rules.

Sorry, according to some in this thread if it isn't in the Constitution it isn't a law. So I guess the Nuclear option isn't a law. :cuckoo:

It’s a procedural rule in the Senate and can be voted on to change the rule.

Not a good idea in my mind, however I predicted when Reid played this card it could comeback to bite the Dems and if McConnell lays this card the GOP will regret it.

The Senate isn't going to vote to give the nuclear option on the budget... because they know they will not always hold the majority, and when they lose it, the Democrats will start to pass bills that do destruction on everything they passed. It would create a constant tug of war every time a simple majority changes. The 60 vote threshold was created for the reason of making sure bills would have to be passed with bipartisan support.

The Senate isn't going to vote to give the nuclear option on the budget... because they know they will not always hold the majority, and when they lose it, the Democrats will start to pass bills that do destruction on everything they passed. It would create a constant tug of war every time a simple majority changes. The 60 vote threshold was created for the reason of making sure bills would have to be passed with bipartisan support.

Then why did Harry Reid use it?

Why the fuck is Dickhead Durbin talking about bacon grease and grandma’s fried chicken on floor of Senate?

That's the nature of a filibuster.

But McConnell might use the REID option.
He will by 1:00AM.

He said that? Link please.
Senate Resumes Debate Legislation Fund Government, Jan 21 2018 | C-SPAN.org

I'm not listening to all that. Nobody is reporting that the Senate will vote to use the nuclear option, at least not yet.

Forum List

Back