Breaking: Jared Kushner involved in Trump's Russian problem now

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
I knew it, knew it, knew it. Trump never played this straight. This is going to blow into a scandal of Russian involvement that goes waaaaaay back into the election + going around Obama in December to console Putin after the sanctions.

Kushner and Flynn Met With Russian Envoy in December, White House Says
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT, MATTHEW ROSENBERG and MATT APUZZOMARCH 2, 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/us/politics/kushner-flynn-sessions-russia.html?_r=0
It will all come to naught unless it's somehow shown Trump had a motive to appease Putin that was based on something other than his belief that good relations with Putin was in America's interests, and both Obama and W believed that early in their terms as well.

• Banned
I knew it, knew it, knew it. Trump never played this straight. This is going to blow into a scandal of Russian involvement that goes waaaaaay back into the election + going around Obama in December to console Putin after the sanctions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/us/politics/kushner-flynn-sessions-russia.html?_r=0
It will all come to naught unless it's somehow shown Trump had a motive to appease Putin that was based on something other than his belief that good relations with Putin was in America's interests, and both Obama and W believed that early in their terms as well.

Except that this meeting took place when Obama imposed the sanctions. And again, remember in things like this before, it's not the act, it was the lie to cover up the act, that sank the ship. Sessions is trying to backtrack now from his lie during the confirmation hearings. Flynn was caught lying to Pence. Etc. etc.

This is great news - a ticking time bomb! Much worse than Watergate! Drip...drip...drip...

Except that this meeting took place when Obama imposed the sanctions. And again, remember, in things like this before, it's not the act, it was the lie to cover up the act, that sank the ship. Sessions is trying to backtrack now from his lie during the confirmation hearings.
So what if they took place while Obama was still potus? Reagan got a pass on that. What nearly sunk him was his admin was providing guns to contras in violation of a statute.

There has to be something that cannot be innocently, or naively, explained.

poor lil Donnieboi ... he rags and rags and rags on the press, and all they have to do is their job and dig and dig and dig throwing dirt on his sorry ass.

~snort

never go in a restaurant and piss off the chef ...

Trump's a dumbass.

Last edited:

did you read the article, or just the headline?

Too funny:

"It is common and not improper for transition officials to meet with foreign officials. But all meetings between Trump associates and Russians are now significant as the F.B.I. investigates Russian interference in the American election and whether anyone close to Mr. Trump’s campaign was involved."
"“They generally discussed the relationship and it made sense to establish a line of communication,” Ms. Hicks said. “Jared has had meetings with many other foreign countries and representatives — as many as two dozen other foreign countries’ leaders and representatives.”"

Just too funny. Democrats are so painfully desperate that it's laughable.

If it truly becomes a scandal, I suspect it'll be because even some gopers start saying Trump's tax returns need to be examined. That should show whether he has financial ties to Russia that he was unable to secure from US biz/lenders. If there's that there will probably be over 50 votes to convict him of impeachment. But we are no where near there now.

Except that this meeting took place when Obama imposed the sanctions. And again, remember, in things like this before, it's not the act, it was the lie to cover up the act, that sank the ship. Sessions is trying to backtrack now from his lie during the confirmation hearings.
So what if they took place while Obama was still potus? Reagan got a pass on that. What nearly sunk him was his admin was providing guns to contras in violation of a statute.

There has to be something that cannot be innocently, or naively, explained.

Senator McCaskill met with Russian officials for heavens sake.

I doubt they did anything like this:

In 2008, the Bush administration, along with the “six powers,” was negotiating with Iran concerning that country’s nuclear arms program. The Bush administration’s objective was to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. On July 20, 2008, the New York Times headlined: “Nuclear Talks With Iran End in a Deadlock.” What caused the talks to founder? The Times explained:

Iran responded with a written document that failed to address the main issue: international demands that it stop enriching uranium. And Iranian diplomats reiterated before the talks that they considered the issue nonnegotiable.

The Iranians held firm to their position, perhaps because they knew that help was on the way, in the form of a new president. Barack Obama had clinched the Democratic nomination on June 3. At some point either before or after that date, but prior to the election, he secretly let the Iranians know that he would be much easier to bargain with than President Bush. Michael Ledeen reported the story last year:

During his first presidential campaign in 2008, Mr. Obama used a secret back channel to Tehran to assure the mullahs that he was a friend of the Islamic Republic, and that they would be very happy with his policies. The secret channel was Ambassador William G. Miller, who served in Iran during the shah’s rule, as chief of staff for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and as ambassador to Ukraine. Ambassador Miller has confirmed to me his conversations with Iranian leaders during the 2008 campaign....

How Barack Obama Undercut Bush Administration's Nuclear Negotiations With Iran

at least the Russian loving RW bitches have their excuse machine all warmed up and ready to kiss communist ass.

If it truly becomes a scandal, I suspect it'll be because even some gopers start saying Trump's tax returns need to be examined. That should show whether he has financial ties to Russia that he was unable to secure from US biz/lenders. If there's that there will probably be over 50 votes to convict him of impeachment. But we are no where near there now.
Trump's financial disclosures would expose financial interests, not tax returns. The Financials have been made public have you looked at them?

Don't care. Like not even a little. Troll on little weeboo

Forum List

Back