Breaking: Justice Scalia has died

You clearly don't understand the role of the U.S. Supreme Court.
Clearly, I do. It has to account for more than what happens here, and it does. Case in point: The Paquete Habana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take it to the UN. The U.S. Supreme Court is only about America and its Constitution.
I just showed you that is was not. Is it mostly about the US, yep, mostly...

It's only about America. But as you've demonstrated, you Big Government Globalists are confused and mistaken about that. You wanna push your Anti-American Globalism, go work for the UN.
Your dogma, and paranoia, isn't reality. The Court takes many things into consideration, as it should.

You don't understand the role of the U.S. Supreme Court. You're the reason we continue getting Anti-American Globalist appointees. That has to end.

It'll be great to hear all the GOP candidates remind the American people that they want to appoint a judge who could vote to overturn Roe v Wade and same sex marriage rights.
This I got to hear. And Democrats need to remind voters of all the anti abortion legislation the GOP have already introduced

Oh yeah. Obama's got a pen so he can nominate. Still, he doesn't have enough votes in the Senate so he can't confirm.

Too Bad!

That assumes all 54 senators are going to buck tradition and block his nominee. The last time that happened was when John Tyler was President.

Nope. Obama will get his nominee. Liberal Supreme Court, baby. Good bye Heller, Good Bye Citizens United.

Do these times seem at all "traditional" to you?
===
Two words

RECESS APPOINTMENT

not a damn thing Republicans can do about it.

IT'S CONSTITUTIONAL AND HAS PRECEDENT

I'll have a good laugh if he does, too, but my point still stands: there's no reason to believe this current Senate GOP is gonna stand on "tradition".

How things will play out

Obama will nominate a moderate left judge
Republicans will block the nomination
Hillary will win and Dems will take the Senate
A lame duck Republican Senate will move to approve the moderate
Obama will withdraw the nomination and defer to Hillary
Hillary will name a young liberal judge who will sit on the court for 30 years
qzLzFgu.jpg

My crystal ball is fogged up.....yours is still working?

It is the risk Republicans are running

Accept the moderate left judge Obama will nominate or risk the liberal judge Hillary would nominate

Choose your poison
You are so sure of her winning via the liberal population enclaves...............

Me..........Not so much...............depends on who goes against her................will they take the gloves off and get in the mud...................

We know that is where she thrives and it is part of your normal strategy.........Perhaps you haven't had the right one in the Mud with you yet..................
That s the risk you take

Given the weak field of Republicans and current red/blue electoral votes you have to consider the possibility of a Hillary or even worse for you Bernie Sanders winning

Do you take Obamas moderate or Hillary's liberal judge?

The Dems will suddenly be for the Constitutionalist for this selection even though they have gone against it time and time again with their pen and phone. Amnesty for illegals and Sanctuaries.............

Just another election with their standard tactics.

They will be thwarted on getting the nomination. The only question is on what they gain from tactics they will use over it. If the tables were turned they would do the same and have in the past done the exact same thing. Showing that history of their tactics could level the playing field.
EOs have always been constitutional. At least they are when a Republican is president
Not when they openly violate our laws..............Amnesty for illegals is certainly against the law..........as are other EPA laws just overturned by SCOTUS
You made SPECIFIC assertions, therefore, if you are honest and informed, you can easily provide SPECIFIC corroboration of your claims.

I challenge you to cite the SPECIFIC EO number from the Disposition Table, the SPECIFIC action taken, which SPECIFICALLY allowed amnesty and cite the SPECIFIC statute(s) that you claim was/were violated.
Oops
Supreme Court Will Rule On Obama’s Executive Order On Immigration

Low voter turnout. It wasn't because they voted for you. You just turned them off on thinking it matters

Obamacare....you know it, stop making excuses
Why is trump whipping all the Republicans ass.

Single payer is what we wanted.

We got a nightmare...thanks to you idiots that voted for Ears...THAT is why you got shellacked.
Nah. In 2008 & 2012 lots of people showed up and Democrats won. In 2010 and 2014 low voter turnout.

You'll see high voter turnout does not help you

You live in fantasy land and are either incapable of seeing what happened or just outright lying. Come Nov this nation (and most likely the world) will be in a financial crisis. Despite all the BS how great Obama's economy was it's all going to come crashing down...guess who's going to pay the price? Remember Bush and 2008?
I heard a report the other day that wallstreet keeps signalling a recession is coming but mainstream keeps plugging along.

Perhaps wallstreet doesn't have as much control over us as it did under bush?

Why you ask ?? outside of the 2 elections where obama kicked repub ass it was lack of dem participation We won't make that mistake again ,,sass Get ready for another asskickin

You twit, dems got shellacked in the last two...why? Try to be honest with yourself for once. Just posting "repubs suck" isn't anything. Get some substance
Low voter turnout. It wasn't because they voted for you. You just turned them off on thinking it matters

We got a nightmare...thanks to you idiots that voted for Ears...THAT is why you got shellacked.
There is no nightmare Only from stupid half the glass is empty republicans Most all signals show an upward movement as far as economy is concerned and Hill knows more about foreign policy than all your pretending pos together

How things will play out

qzLzFgu.jpg

Accept the moderate left judge Obama will nominate or risk the liberal judge Hillary would nominate

Choose your poison
You are so sure of her winning via the liberal population enclaves...............

Me..........Not so much...............depends on who goes against her................will they take the gloves off and get in the mud...................

We know that is where she thrives and it is part of your normal strategy.........Perhaps you haven't had the right one in the Mud with you yet..................
That s the risk you take

Given the weak field of Republicans and current red/blue electoral votes you have to consider the possibility of a Hillary or even worse for you Bernie Sanders winning

Weak Republican field?! Hell, their not the ones with the convict and the communist.

How things will play out

qzLzFgu.jpg

Choose your poison

That s the risk you take

Neither...........but Hillary is more moderate than Obama................so IF that is the option I'll risk that one............

Will she nominate Obama...........

:dunno:

You twit, dems got shellacked in the last two...why? Try to be honest with yourself for once. Just posting "repubs suck" isn't anything. Get some substance

There is no nightmare Only from stupid half the glass is empty republicans Most all signals show an upward movement as far as economy is concerned and Hill knows more about foreign policy than all your pretending pos together

Sit down ya little JP Getty wannabe. You are clueless in economics, you've proven it time and time again

How things will play out

qzLzFgu.jpg

Choose your poison

That s the risk you take

And stop doing that to every democrat. First you said bill was a liberal, he wasn't. Then Obama now hillary, and neither are.

Bernie is a liberal. I would LOVE a Bernie appointee

And if Republicans tried that the American people would repopulate the Senate with Democrats.

Every Republican Senator and Representative up for re-election would lose.

Because the American people will not stand for any more Republican Obstructionism and they see right through the demands to wait until the Republicans get another shot at it.

Come on, do you really believe "every" GOoPer Senator running would lose his/her seat?? A lot of these guys are wingnuts because they represent states heavily populated by wingnuts, who will gladly send them back to the Senate for "fighting the good fight".

How things will play out

qzLzFgu.jpg

Choose your poison

That s the risk you take

Neither...........but Hillary is more moderate than Obama................so IF that is the option I'll risk that one............

Will she nominate Obama...........

:dunno:
That would be amazing!

Classified and above Top Secret e mails.
Benghazi rules down with facts ...facts are a liberal scheme
13.jpeg

Endorsed by those who actually fought there...........Not by the cover up machine............arms for ISIS........arms for ISIS...............how about gun running to Syria ending up in the hands of the enemy........................hmmm
Have you seen the movie? It exonerates the Obama administration.
Not yet but I've seen the interviews...............they say it's spot on..............why the wait from the onset..........those that fought there say they went without authorization...........how does that back up the WH.
You're in for a surprise then ... they neither blame the administration nor blame the administration for the meme about an anti-Muslim video.

How things will play out

qzLzFgu.jpg

Choose your poison

That s the risk you take

And stop doing that to every democrat. First you said bill was a liberal, he wasn't. Then Obama now hillary, and neither are.

Bernie is a liberal. I would LOVE a Bernie appointee
Neither are conservative..................between Obama and Hillary...........Hillary is further right than Obama............They are pals now only because Obama controls the Justice Dept..........

And if Republicans tried that the American people would repopulate the Senate with Democrats.

Because the American people will not stand for any more Republican Obstructionism and they see right through the demands to wait until the Republicans get another shot at it.

Come on, do you really believe "every" GOoPer Senator running would lose his/her seat?? A lot of these guys are wingnuts because they represent states heavily populated by wingnuts, who will gladly send them back to the Senate for "fighting the good fight".
All it matters is in swing states

How things will play out

qzLzFgu.jpg

Choose your poison

That s the risk you take

Weak Republican field?! Hell, their not the ones with the convict and the communist.

Conspiracy theories does not a convict make

Boo Boo stop using facts ...facts are irrelevant....Republicans
What are the facts.................................

The Senate is controlled by the GOP.........
The Dems don't have the votes for confirmation.......
The appointment can't be done without the Senate.........

The Fact is..............unless the GOP folds you don't get the nomination.........

The Facts are that the Dems used tactics to Block Judges under Reagan.........

The Facts are KARMA.
Umm... they may have the votes to confirm on January 3rd of next year. :ack-1:

:dance:
13 States really at play......................

I think Nevada needs to go Red............
Way more Republicans defending seats. And a stunt like this where Republicans announced they will abdicate their Constitutional role to advise and consent the president's Supreme Court nominees will likely cost them votes.

Two words

RECESS APPOINTMENT

not a damn thing Republicans can do about it.

IT'S CONSTITUTIONAL AND HAS PRECEDENT
One word:

WRONG

The Senate does not have to recess. Some minor matter can be found to keep the Senate in cession:

Fourth, strongly on the Senate’s side, the decision left it largely up to the Senate to decide when it does take a recess, allowing it to avoid the formality of a recess by taking some legislative action, however minor or inconsequential and however few senators actually take part in some action.

Is a recess appointment to the Court an option? (UPDATED)

HA HA. You lose!
=============

THE CONSTITUTION DOES NOT GIVE REPUBLICANS A RIGHT TO A PERMANENT SUPREME COURT MAJORITY

You keep forgetting the fact the Dems continue to get shellacked in elections. Perhaps you should be figuring out why that is
Why you ask ?? outside of the 2 elections where obama kicked repub ass it was lack of dem participation We won't make that mistake again ,,sass Get ready for another asskickin

Dems didn't get shellacked in the last two elections. Just the last one.

Forum List

Back