Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

Is the US Army innocent to jihadists? Or even to Muslims who view our presence in the Middle East and Afghanistan offensive?

The question is irrelevant, as the soldiers who were killed were on American soil and were killed by another soldier. If he killed them merely because they were part of a body that took part in what he saw as unjustified invasions and occupations, logic dictates that he should have killed himself for being guilty of the same perceived "sin."
Not at all irrelevant. As long as the victims are not "innocent" in the eyes of a Muslim and/or Islam, then killing is okie dokie and even justified, no?

That would depend on the severity of any offenses they may have committed. To my knowledge, none of those killed were personally guilty of murdering innocents, rape, or other crimes that involve spreading abhorrent corruption in the land. I do not believe in collective punishment or condemnation; that's a tactic employed all too often by Islam's enemies.

I'm just getting back and maybe this has been mentioned, but according to this article, the killer is still alive.

Army: 12 dead, 31 hurt in attack at Fort Hood - Yahoo! News

FORT HOOD, Texas – An Army psychiatrist set to be shipped overseas opened fire at the Fort Hood Army post Thursday, authorities said, a rampage that killed 12 people and left 31 wounded in the worst mass shooting ever at a military base in the United States.

The gunman, first said to have been killed, was wounded but alive and in stable condition under military guard, said Lt. Gen. Bob Cone at Fort Hood. "I would say his death is not imminent," Cone said. Col. Ben Danner said the suspect was shot at least four times.

Edit: just saw Allie's post. Think I'll go back to sleep now. :)

Immie

Last edited:
Do you condemn this "person's" actions even if it was in the name of Allah?

The deity whose name he may have invoked is irrelevant, as Islam does not condone wanton slaughter or the killing of innocents. So yes.
I dont think you will be able to prove that in any convincing manner.
Well at least in any manner that matters to non muslims.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/81748-islam-forbids.html

Muslims like to say "Islam forbids the killing of innocent people"
Please provide scripture to proves unequivocally non muslims are innocent

Other than you and the other members of USMB's anti-Islamic cadre, most everybody seems to be satisfied by the explanations that I and others have provided. :)

Do you condemn this "person's" actions even if it was in the name of Allah?

The deity whose name he may have invoked is irrelevant, as Islam does not condone wanton slaughter or the killing of innocents. So yes.
Is the US Army innocent to jihadists? Or even to Muslims who view our presence in the Middle East and Afghanistan offensive?

He cant prove non muslims are innocent , you don't have to slice in any finer than that.

The question is irrelevant, as the soldiers who were killed were on American soil and were killed by another soldier. If he killed them merely because they were part of a body that took part in what he saw as unjustified invasions and occupations, logic dictates that he should have killed himself for being guilty of the same perceived "sin."
Not at all irrelevant. As long as the victims are not "innocent" in the eyes of a Muslim and/or Islam, then killing is okie dokie and even justified, no?

That would depend on the severity of any offenses they may have committed. To my knowledge, none of those killed were personally guilty of murdering innocents, rape, or other crimes that involve spreading abhorrent corruption in the land. I do not believe in collective punishment or condemnation; that's a tactic employed all too often by Islam's enemies.
I'm asking this because these sorts of judgments allowed by Islam to justify killing are obviously subjective. It will be interesting to see what the perp says in that regard.

In general, when laws are so subjective like that, there's a loophole so huge a carrier could go through. I like solid, objective, secular rules personally.

"The soldier, identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army mental health professional, was wounded and taken to a nearby hospital. He is in custody.

"Officials had said earlier that the gunman had been killed.

"His death is not imminent," said Lt. Gen. Bob Cone at Fort Hood said late this evening.

Good News!

I hope that he does not die!

I hope that the docs can fix him all up and rehabilitate him well enough that he can walk down the hall under his own power and climb into the electric chair all by himself...to give the family members of his victims the opportunity to watch him die.
Pretty sure it would be a firing squad, if prosecuted under the UCMJ. Not sure though.

That would work as well.

He cant prove non muslims are innocent , you don't have to slice in any finer than that.

I can't force you to take a common sense approach to interpreting the Qur'an if you prefer not to; you're correct. ;)

I'm asking this because these sorts of judgments allowed by Islam to justify killing are obviously subjective. It will be interesting to see what the perp says in that regard.

In general, when laws are so subjective like that, there's a loophole so huge a carrier could go through. I like solid, objective, secular rules personally.

Everything is subject to interpretation. Familiarity with our own nation's political history will make that clear. Look, for example, at how the judiciary has stretched the meaning of the Constitution to suit its political needs over the years since this country's inception.

And yet, you proceeded to repeat yours. My assertion WAS supported, your bigoted statement alone supports it.

You are a bigot. Just man up, admit it and move on.

Only to the same extent that those who speak of the prevalence of leftist attitudes in the major cities are "bigots." I'm fine with that. :eusa_whistle:

Other than you and the other members of USMB's anti-Islamic cadre, most everybody seems to be satisfied by the explanations that I and others have provided. :)

"most everybody" ????

Why don't you simply answer the question directly?

(Please provide scripture to proves unequivocally non muslims are innocent)

I too would like to read it, as there always seems to be gray areas, depending on which Muslim is doing the sharing.

Thanks.

Mike

Everything is subject to interpretation. ....
Close to it, true. However, degree of subjectivity is an important factor. Your view of who is innocent is different from another Muslim's.

I don't like that sort of subjectivity in such life and death matters. Never have.

No one in the media has ever asked" how does Islam define innocent," why would they question what they have never considered .For them,
this is a whole new world , a world where you have already proven to fall short when it comes to reasonable rational answers.

Last edited:
I got to apology for all white guys, you know we were the ones who were slave owners and we own the oil companys so I am sorry another person just like me did what I am more than likely to do being a white bigot, I got to admit and apologize to all moslems for how we behave, we are just so rotten and when we see how good you guys are we just cannot control our bigoted racistist rage. I admit I have not read all the great Islamic posts on this site that are written by "superior" aragant "intelligence". Had I read all these posts, hell, I would still be a biased westerner who vehemently clings to his coloring books.

Imagine, me and all the white guys, always naturally the bigots and racists, how is it this human characterestics is only in white men born in the USA.

Your implied criticism of my intelligence would be more puissant if you could type a sentence without making an elementary spelling or grammar mistake. :lol:

I never implied, its dry wit calling Kalem an idiot, moron

By thy life! They blindly wandered on in their frenzy.

:lol:

It does not matter what scripture states, it does not matter what the Qur'an says. The only thing that matters is what this individual man thought of his beliefs and how he acted on his beliefs. People can quote the Qur'an all day long but this man's interpetation obviously disagrees with said experts that post here.

I have noticed that in all posts, those claiming to know the Qur'an and its meaning have a different understanding and interpetation of the Quran than those Moslems that are committing these crimes.

I concede, I wont attempt to quote the Koran, I wont attempt to cherry pick one of the hundreds of interpetations and pretend to know what it means. What is relevant is there is big difference in what the many different types of moslems beleive.

The only thing I see anyone proving is they do not understand how others are interpeting the Qur'an.

The Qur'an is so clear yet so many dont get it?

I can't force you to take a common sense approach to interpreting the Qur'an if you prefer not to; you're correct. ;)

Yeah, we are just going to save that , Thanks

It does not matter what scripture states, it does not matter what the Qur'an says. The only thing that matters is what this individual man thought of his beliefs and how he acted on his beliefs. People can quote the Qur'an all day long but this man's interpetation obviously disagrees with said experts that post here.

I have noticed that in all posts, those claiming to know the Qur'an and its meaning have a different understanding and interpetation of the Quran than those Moslems that are committing these crimes.

I concede, I wont attempt to quote the Koran, I wont attempt to cherry pick one of the hundreds of interpetations and pretend to know what it means. What is relevant is there is big difference in what the many different types of moslems beleive.

The only thing I see anyone proving is they do not understand how others are interpeting the Qur'an.

Correct. It doesn't matter at all what the Qu'ran says or doesn't say. Islam is a religion, it's an ideology. An ideology that doesn't mesh with American life, or Western ideals in general. Which is exactly why followers of that ideology should stay in Islamic countries.

Correct. It doesn't matter at all what the Qu'ran says or doesn't say. Islam is a religion, it's an ideology. An ideology that doesn't mesh with American life, or Western ideals in general. Which is exactly why followers of that ideology should stay in Islamic countries.

how very american of you, asshole.

:thup:

how very american of you, asshole.

:thup:

Thanks, dick. :lol:

Hindus should stay in India and Buddhist should stay in China, too. Right?

And Native Americans...let's package them up and ship them the fuck out. All of this worshiping of nature and shit...it doesn't mesh with American life, or Western ideals in general.

Forum List

Back