Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

Curve,
The eyewitness accounts of 'allahu akbar' were public knowledge the day of the shooting. LTG Cone even put it out.
Not sure why it matters so much, but there it is.

According to this article, Cone could not confirm it:

General Robert Cone, the base commander, said officials had not yet confirmed that the suspected gunman made the comment before the rampage which left 30 people wounded, including Hasan.​

"Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, the top commander at Fort Hood, said soldiers at the base have told investigators Maj. Hasan, a Muslim, shouted "Allahu Akbar," Arabic for "God is great," in the attack. One military official at the Pentagon who has been briefed on the investigation said officials are "close to 100%" certain Maj. Hasan authored an Internet posting defending suicide bombings."
Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan Kills 13 in Shooting at Fort Hood Army Base; Suspect in Stable Condition - WSJ.com

I don't know how much more confirmation you need. It's what the soldiers told him.

Fort Hood Shooter Tried to Contact al Qaeda Terrorists, Officials Say - ABC News

Officials: U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda
Army Major in Fort Hood Massacre Used 'Electronic Means' to Connect with Terrorists

By RICHARD ESPOSITO, MATTHEW COLE and BRIAN ROSS
Nov. 9, 2009 —

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

One senior lawmaker said the CIA had, so far, refused to brief the intelligence committees on what, if any, knowledge they had about Hasan's efforts.

CIA director Leon Panetta and the Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair, have been asked by Congress "to preserve" all documents and intelligence files that relate to Hasan, according to the lawmaker.

On Sunday, Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-CT) called for an investigation into whether the Army missed signs as to whether Hasan was an Islamic extremist.

"If Hasan was showing signs, saying to people that he had become an Islamist extremist, the U.S. Army has to have a zero tolerance," Lieberman told Fox News Sunday.

Investigators want to know if Hasan maintained contact with a radical mosque leader from Virginia, Anwar al Awlaki, who now lives in Yemen and runs a web site that promotes jihad around the world against the U.S.

In a blog posting early Monday titled "Nidal Hassan Did the Right Thing," Awlaki calls Hassan a "hero" and a "man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people."

According to his site, Awlaki served as an imam in Denver, San Diego and Falls Church, Virginia.

The Associated Press reported Sunday that Major Hasan attended the Falls Church mosque when Awlaki was there....

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Fort Hood Shooter Tried to Contact al Qaeda Terrorists, Officials Say - ABC News

Officials: U.S. Aware of Hasan Efforts to Contact al Qaeda
Army Major in Fort Hood Massacre Used 'Electronic Means' to Connect with Terrorists

By RICHARD ESPOSITO, MATTHEW COLE and BRIAN ROSS
Nov. 9, 2009 —

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

One senior lawmaker said the CIA had, so far, refused to brief the intelligence committees on what, if any, knowledge they had about Hasan's efforts.

CIA director Leon Panetta and the Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair, have been asked by Congress "to preserve" all documents and intelligence files that relate to Hasan, according to the lawmaker.

On Sunday, Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-CT) called for an investigation into whether the Army missed signs as to whether Hasan was an Islamic extremist.

"If Hasan was showing signs, saying to people that he had become an Islamist extremist, the U.S. Army has to have a zero tolerance," Lieberman told Fox News Sunday.

Investigators want to know if Hasan maintained contact with a radical mosque leader from Virginia, Anwar al Awlaki, who now lives in Yemen and runs a web site that promotes jihad around the world against the U.S.

In a blog posting early Monday titled "Nidal Hassan Did the Right Thing," Awlaki calls Hassan a "hero" and a "man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people."

According to his site, Awlaki served as an imam in Denver, San Diego and Falls Church, Virginia.

The Associated Press reported Sunday that Major Hasan attended the Falls Church mosque when Awlaki was there....

On it with Harmony...

:)

peace...

Wrong, as I knew you would be.

It is your extremely weak and severely limited comprehension of the meaning of "fascist" that is undermining your ability to address the question.

You might want to START (not finish, mind you; just START) by getting yourself familiar with the actual political defintions of "fascism." There are many and they do not all agree with each other.

But if one goes to the liberoidal bible known as Wiki (the wiki dictionary, for example) one may find a useful point of departure: See: Wiktionary, the free dictionary

There is NO valid logical or rational reason to exclude a totalitarian, ideolgically based centralized government having governmental control over business, etc that is based on RELIGION. In fact, such a theocratic state, by definition, DOES tend to "exalt" religion over individual rights....

You seem to have ignored the link above that both defines and gives the history of Fascism and you want to point to wiki? Lol

Sorry silly child, but as I correctly and sagely noted, not all definitions agree with each other.

You are married to just one because it says what you wnat for it to say.

So, we learn that you lack objectivity.

No news in that.

Fascism, once again, has a multitude of meanings. And while I often mock Wikie (for good reason), it can be an ok point of departure.

Your desired definition of fascism is WAY too limited and it's not generally accepted and it is basically in error.

You might want to start by taking a peek outside our own closed mind:

fas·cism (fshzm)
n.
1. often Fascism
a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.
fascism - definition of fascism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Then, perhaps, you can graduate to the Encyclopedia Britannica:

politics
Philosophy of government that stresses the primacy and glory of the state, unquestioning obedience to its leader, subordination of the individual will to the state’s authority, and harsh suppression of dissent.
fascism (politics) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

And once again we see NOTHING that requires that the totalitarian nature not be BASED on a particular religion. There is nothing in ANY valid definition that says a theocracy cannot be fascist, as we see with the fucking Taliban, for example.

In short, as already pointed out to you, just because your "mind" is firmly welded shut does NOT mean that you are correct or that you have the capacity to meaningfully defend your position.

You remain a singular failure.

Thank me. Thank me very much.

Once again you completely ignored the link I provided showing the definition and history of the word then you post links and expect me to address those. Hypocrite much?

Your claim is a theocracy can be fascist because your understanding of the definition of fascism does not exclusively prohibit religion as the primary authority. You just posted the evidence that killed your argument and you're so desperate to try and appear intelligent that the manifested arrogance has become a blindfold.

Look at this key phrase:

"Philosophy of government that stresses the primacy and glory of the state....."

That is saying what I've been pointing out all along. In a Fascist government the State is the primary authority and if the State is the primary authority then by definition no religion can co-exist as the primary authority. Since the State is glorified above all else it is Secular. You want to embarrass yourself some more and say a theocracy can be secular? Rotfl.

Now that I've addressed the links you provided how about addressing the one I provided showing the def and history of the term? Nah.....you don't have the integrity nor honesty.

Fiddlesticks. Many theocracies are fascist. Middle Eastern countries, for example, where rulers are chosen because of the fact they descend from Mohommed, for example.

You seem to have ignored the link above that both defines and gives the history of Fascism and you want to point to wiki? Lol

Sorry silly child, but as I correctly and sagely noted, not all definitions agree with each other.

You are married to just one because it says what you wnat for it to say.

So, we learn that you lack objectivity.

No news in that.

Fascism, once again, has a multitude of meanings. And while I often mock Wikie (for good reason), it can be an ok point of departure.

Your desired definition of fascism is WAY too limited and it's not generally accepted and it is basically in error.

You might want to start by taking a peek outside our own closed mind:

fascism - definition of fascism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Then, perhaps, you can graduate to the Encyclopedia Britannica:

politics
Philosophy of government that stresses the primacy and glory of the state, unquestioning obedience to its leader, subordination of the individual will to the state’s authority, and harsh suppression of dissent.
fascism (politics) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

And once again we see NOTHING that requires that the totalitarian nature not be BASED on a particular religion. There is nothing in ANY valid definition that says a theocracy cannot be fascist, as we see with the fucking Taliban, for example.

In short, as already pointed out to you, just because your "mind" is firmly welded shut does NOT mean that you are correct or that you have the capacity to meaningfully defend your position.

You remain a singular failure.

Thank me. Thank me very much.

I'm glad that you took the time to put this one to bed, because frankly? I was getting a headache from it. I rarely wade in muddied waters as I had done when I asked if they really wanted to take that stance...but sheesh!

it was getting so convoluted it was getting subliminally comical?

Good form as always.

He posted the evidence he's clueless about Fascism and you're lauding that? Lol. It really is fucking simple man. A theocracy glorifies God as the highest power. A Fascist state glorifies the state as the highest power. There are also some other differences...such as in a Fascist State no opposing political parties are allowed and there are no democratic elections. In a Theocracy such as Iraq or Iran there are different Parties and they do have democratic elections. Another difference is a Theocracy views the entire earth under the domain of their chosen God and the geographical borders are merely temporary. However, in a Fascist state the only domain perceived is the land they occupy. In a theocracy the state religion is given preference over all other religions but in a fascist state all religions are equal.

If any of you people need any more proof that Hasan was motivated by Islamofacists (aka radical Islam for you slow types) how about the GOVERNMENT knowing he was trying to contact Al Qaeda?

Fiddlesticks. Many theocracies are fascist. Middle Eastern countries, for example, where rulers are chosen because of the fact they descend from Mohommed, for example.

You just described a Theocracy. Maybe you could brave a half a step beyond "fiddlesticks" and address the info on fascism I provided? Or do you expect someone to ignore the information like you did and just agree?

If any of you people need any more proof that Hasan was motivated by Islamofacists (aka radical Islam for you slow types) how about the GOVERNMENT knowing he was trying to contact Al Qaeda?

Like I said early on.....there's going to be a LOT of shit flying around and it gets worse with rumors. What does it mean when they say "suspected" alkida members?

This is not me preaching hate and fear this is me interpreting the facts on the grounds. Facts are he attended radical mosques. Do all mosques preach radicalism, I don't know, but I doubt it. But there are some (many?) that do! Hasan happened to attend one!

Army shooter's mosque run by Muslim Mafia The suspected Fort Hood terrorist's former mosque in Maryland is controlled by the radical Muslim Brotherhood, a Saudi-funded worldwide jihadist movement which controls many of the mosques in America.

Conventional wisdom holds that Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan "self-radicalized" without any help from the Muslim establishment before allegedly shooting 46 fellow soldiers and security guards, and murdering 13 of them at the sprawling Texas base.

Witnesses say the devout Muslim officer jumped up on a desk and shouted, "Allahu akbar!" – Allah is greatest – before opening fire and spraying more than 100 bullets inside a crowded building where troops prepared to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq.

However, WND has learned that the Maryland mosque where Hasan worshiped before his transfer to Fort Hood preaches violent jihad and a harsh Saudi-style Islamic doctrine that denies women the right to individual expression.

Imam Faizul Khan ministered to Hasan when he worshiped at the Muslim Community Center in Silver Spring, Md. Khan has been portrayed in the media as a moderate, but he sits on the national board of directors of the radical Islamic Society of North America, or ISNA.

Federal prosecutors recently named ISNA as an unindicted terrorist co-conspirator in the largest terror finance case in U.S. history. ISNA, they say, is a front group for the Muslim Brotherhood, parent of Hamas and al-Qaida.

"ISNA has a long and disgraceful record of promoting radical Islam," says Islamic scholar and author Stephen Schwartz, a practicing Sufi Muslim.

The Brotherhood, which supports violent jihad and Islamic rule, is the subject of the bestselling new book, "Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That's Conspiring to Islamize America."

Khan recently was replaced as head prayer leader by Mohamed Abdullahi Sheikh Mohamed, who also knew Hasan. "He was not violent; he seemed calm," Mohamed said of the suspected terrorist. "I was shocked."

He added: "Islam is not responsible."

Mohamed studied Islam at the Muslim Brotherhood–controlled Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt, world headquarters of the dangerous Brotherhood. He also holds a degree in Shariah law from the National Somali University in Mogadishu, Somalia.

The Muslim Community Center has held fundraisers for Chechen jihadists, and promotes on its website a Shariah-based financial product offered by a Muslim Brotherhood front group under federal investigation.

The mosque distributes a pamphlet on Islam that says "it is permissible to fight" in jihad "warfare." It also requires women to wear headscarves.

"When leaving the home, a Muslim woman must at least cover her hair and body in loose and unrevealing clothing, obscuring the details of her body from the public; some also choose to cover their face and hands," the mosque pamphlet advises. "Islam forbids any sex appeal."

Hasan, the American-born son of Palestinian immigrants, refused to have his picture taken with women. His longtime mosque also forbids charging any amount of interest on a loan, calling such Western transactions a "gross violation of God's law."

The pamphlet, titled "Islam Is ...", is authored by Abu Yunus, an officer of the Saudi-based Al-Haramain Foundation, a suspected charitable front for terrorism. He recently was indicted by the Justice Department for terror financing.

Before attending Muslim Community Center, Hasan worshiped with his mother at the ultra-radical Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Va. While there in 2001, he worshiped alongside some of the hijackers who attacked the Pentagon on 9/11.

He reportedly came under the spell of the mosque's imam Anwar al-Awlaki, who ministered privately to the hijackers.

Witnesses at Fort Hood say Hasan's eyes "lit up" when discussing al-Awlaki's teachings, which include graphic descriptions of carnal pleasures and rewards in paradise awaiting jihadi martyrs who fight infidels in the cause of Allah. Hasan, 39, was unmarried.

U.S. intelligence now believes the American-born al-Awlaki, who after 9/11 fled to Yemen, is one of al-Qaida's top spiritual advisers and recruiters.

The Senate, led by Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., plans to investigate how the Army missed numerous warning signs about Hasan's radical views.

Like I said early on.....there's going to be a LOT of shit flying around and it gets worse with rumors. What does it mean when they say "suspected" alkida members?

I never stated he was an Al Qaeda members! I think he was a lone wolf killer motivated by radical Islam! That is what the facts are proving and its arrogant to argue differently!

Ghook......you actually cited WND? Dude...fo' reeeel!

First, the first quote was ABC!
Second, if you ever read WND you will find out that base their stories on facts and usually break stories very early. They were the ones that broke Rev. Wright months before the mainstream was forced to report on it! The left said the same thing back then! WND is a legit source and a reliable one!

I never stated he was an Al Qaeda members! I think he was a lone wolf killer motivated by radical Islam! That is what the facts are proving and its arrogant to argue differently!

Good grief. Read my post again. I didn't say you claimed he was in alkida. I was pointing out the story said he was trying to contact "suspected" alkida members.

As for radical islam.....please....your camp decided it was Islam's fault the first time you heard his name and frankly, you guys seem so excited to link islam it sounds like you're masturbating with one hand and using the other on a google hunt to justify this fucking pathetic bigotry.

Second, if you ever read WND you will find out that base their stories on facts and usually break stories very early. They were the ones that broke Rev. Wright months before the mainstream was forced to report on it! The left said the same thing back then! WND is a legit source and a reliable one!

Yes I remember when WND lied about Rev. Wright. But doesn't it kill your position on wnd by pointing to an example of how they lied?

Yes I remember when WND lied about Rev. Wright. But doesn't it kill your position on wnd by pointing to an example of how they lied?

What was the lie about that old racist?

Good grief. Read my post again. I didn't say you claimed he was in alkida. I was pointing out the story said he was trying to contact "suspected" alkida members.

As for radical islam.....please....your camp decided it was Islam's fault the first time you heard his name and frankly, you guys seem so excited to link islam it sounds like you're masturbating with one hand and using the other on a google hunt to justify this fucking pathetic bigotry.

Nice weak arguments! When a man with a Muslim name goes out and kills 13 unarmed service men, with his cousin immediately saying that he wanted out of the military after 9/11 and was unhappy with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, YES I am going to jump to conclusions and be justified in doing so!

When Tiller the Baby Killer was killed, did your leftist buddies not jump to the conclusion that the killer was Christian Pro-lifer? Didn't the circumstances dictate that?

:cuckoo:
:rofl:

so is prison planet and the onion.

:thup:

Do you have a man-crush on me? :confused:

Because you troll in every post I go to!

Again be a man and meet me in the real world! :evil:

Do you have a man-crush on me? :confused:

Because you troll in every post I go to!

Again be a man and meet me in the real world! :evil:

a man crush requires a man as its object, no?

ipso facto i can't have a man crush on you.

thanks for asking, though.

Forum List

Back