Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

Ame®icano;1700265 said:
A radical American imam on Yemen's most wanted militant list who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers praised alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero on his personal Web site Monday.

The posting on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.

Awlaki said the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."

Radical imam praises alleged Fort Hood shooter

....and....?

Ame®icano;1700265 said:
A radical American imam on Yemen's most wanted militant list who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers praised alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero on his personal Web site Monday.

The posting on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.

Awlaki said the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."

....and....?

You're cool with that? :eek:

Wow. :cuckoo:

Ame®icano;1700265 said:

....and....?

no doubt its like posting some white guy that wants to kill all Jews..as if it is representative of anything more than someones inflammatory rant

Ame®icano;1700265 said:

So a radical muslim terrorist supporting imam, acts like a radical muslim terrorist supporter imam?

Is that news?

Ame®icano;1700265 said:

So a radical muslim terrorist supporting imam, acts like a radical muslim terrorist supporter imam?

Is that news?

News? Noooo...
What do you think?

To me it sounds like a call for another shooting. There are probably quite few of those who listening those calls.

You're cool with that? :eek:

Wow. :cuckoo:

people that put their irrelevant post in big fonts as if the size makes it more relevant are funny..lol

So Eots, what is the conspiracy theory behind this one? I mean don't you have a theory of how the government is behind this?:tongue:

there certainly seems to be prior knowledge which is something I called the minute this happened ..as well as his involvement with homeland security or psyops as another sign
and something there is no question of is if they either let it happen or failed to act from incompetence they will now use it to their benefit and shamelessly exploit it to further their agenda

I read this commentary elsewhere today. Quite frankly, it makes more sense than all of the conflicting and nonsensical material that FOX and CNN are reporting:

In their haste to sell Major Hasan as the vilest villain since Osama Bin Laden, the intelligence boys have dug themselves int a real hole.

Their entire smear campaign against Major Hasan is that the intelligence agencies were watching him, suspicious of him, concerned, aware that he was posting some questionable posts on the net, tried to connect with Al Qaeda, and most damning of all, was once inside the same building as one of the 9-11 suspects, albeit not at the same time.

Of course, the police who have Major Hasan's laptop have reported there is nothing suspicious on it at all, and the reports that he frequented a strip club cast doubt on his newly-crafted image of fanatical Muslim jihadist.

But here is the problem. We, the American people, have been told that we must accept the warrantless spying on our lives because it will make us safer. We are told that the government's reading of our emails, snooping through our computers, listening to our phone calls, are all necessary to keep us safe.

Yet clearly, it did not work. Even in the case of Major Hasan, who we are told was spotted acting in a suspicious manner 6 months ago, the entire US Government security apparatus was unable to intervene and protect the soldiers at Fort Hood (setting aside the question of why, only mere months after John Russell's shooting rampage on that same base, they were not able to protect themselves).

Of course, my information is that there was a firefight when an argument over refusing to deploy crossed over into a minor mutiny. Since the US Government cannot allow the rest of the military to know there was a revolt in the rank and file, there was a quick decision made to blame the dead Muslim, only it turns out he wasn't dead, and in typical shoot-from-the-hip fashion the propaganda stories are not being well thought out to see what the final implications of the claims really are.

So his theory is hasan did it as an act of mutiny? Doesn't make much sense unless he specifically targeted some brass in the Deployment Arena. From what I understand the targets were pretty random.

I wholly agree the pro government media is working together to revive the 9E Boogedyman and it does blow piss holes all over the "we are up your privacy's ass to save your ass" line. I also suspect there is an agenda to try and make sense of it all which impedes any real understanding and sadly, too many islamophobes are joining the chorus.

Curve,
'Acts of mutiny' occur everyday all over the Army, any soldier will tell you that. The whole 'cover the mutiny up' schtick is born of ignorance.
The idea that national intelligence assets were watching Hasan without the Army knowing about it sounds jacked up enough to be true. We spend almost as much time/energy fighting each other in turf wars as we do terrorist/insurgents/criminals/ etc.....

Ame®icano;1700368 said:
Ame®icano;1700265 said:

Is that news?

News? Noooo...
What do you think?

To me it sounds like a call for another shooting. There are probably quite few of those who listening those calls.

This is the Digital Concern. How do we verify someone's website for authenticity? Audio or video tapes? Digital technology has far outreached contemporary civic duty success and it is in our complacency the unknown remains but only until the fallout arrives. We're supposed to be feerfill of the Isloboogedyam
because of a website? We're going to get laughed at like we laughed at the flat earth people.

Curve,
'Acts of mutiny' occur everyday all over the Army, any soldier will tell you that. The whole 'cover the mutiny up' schtick is born of ignorance.
The idea that national intelligence assets were watching Hasan without the Army knowing about it sounds jacked up enough to be true. We spend almost as much time/energy fighting each other in turf wars as we do terrorist/insurgents/criminals/ etc.....

That's a bit overblown. The success of our military structure depends on the Culture of Silence. When you join the military you forfeit 98% of your Constitutional rights and that is by design. Mutiny does not happen all the time.....unless you count flipping your platoon leader (when his back is turned) mutiny. It is possible the shooting was related to angst over deployment but I don't think it rises to the level of mutiny as we think of it in traditional terms.

I read this commentary elsewhere today. Quite frankly, it makes more sense than all of the conflicting and nonsensical material that FOX and CNN are reporting:

In their haste to sell Major Hasan as the vilest villain since Osama Bin Laden, the intelligence boys have dug themselves int a real hole.

Their entire smear campaign against Major Hasan is that the intelligence agencies were watching him, suspicious of him, concerned, aware that he was posting some questionable posts on the net, tried to connect with Al Qaeda, and most damning of all, was once inside the same building as one of the 9-11 suspects, albeit not at the same time.

Of course, the police who have Major Hasan's laptop have reported there is nothing suspicious on it at all, and the reports that he frequented a strip club cast doubt on his newly-crafted image of fanatical Muslim jihadist.

But here is the problem. We, the American people, have been told that we must accept the warrantless spying on our lives because it will make us safer. We are told that the government's reading of our emails, snooping through our computers, listening to our phone calls, are all necessary to keep us safe.

Yet clearly, it did not work. Even in the case of Major Hasan, who we are told was spotted acting in a suspicious manner 6 months ago, the entire US Government security apparatus was unable to intervene and protect the soldiers at Fort Hood (setting aside the question of why, only mere months after John Russell's shooting rampage on that same base, they were not able to protect themselves).

Of course, my information is that there was a firefight when an argument over refusing to deploy crossed over into a minor mutiny. Since the US Government cannot allow the rest of the military to know there was a revolt in the rank and file, there was a quick decision made to blame the dead Muslim, only it turns out he wasn't dead, and in typical shoot-from-the-hip fashion the propaganda stories are not being well thought out to see what the final implications of the claims really are.

So his theory is hasan did it as an act of mutiny? Doesn't make much sense unless he specifically targeted some brass in the Deployment Arena. From what I understand the targets were pretty random.

I wholly agree the pro government media is working together to revive the 9E Boogedyman and it does blow piss holes all over the "we are up your privacy's ass to save your ass" line. I also suspect there is an agenda to try and make sense of it all which impedes any real understanding and sadly, too many islamophobes are joining the chorus.
No - read again. His theory is that a dead muslim who was caught in the crossfire would be easier to blame than to encourage other soldiers who are on the verge of the same sort of mutiny. Remember, by all reports, Hasan had prepared for deployment just like any other soldier. Also remember that he was heavily involved in counseling soldiers - many whom were in counseling because they did not want to deploy. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he were present and caught in the crossfire.

Also, keep in mind that for the first several hours, every single news agency and law enforcement official was reporting that there were multiple shooters in at least two separate locations. it wasn't until they thought they had a dead muslim that the story was spun on the ground to be a lone Islamic shooter. And all of a sudden, we have a maniac whom the military has been keeping very close tabs on and who has been under surveillance for his supposed subversive activities.

The difficult part now is that the dead guy came back to life with a story to tell. It's no wonder that his lawyer won't let him talk to authorities.

Back to the dude that shot up the base.............

Personally? I don't think he was a terrorist in the manner of Osama Bin Laden or Al-Zawhari, I would hold him more in the vein of Timothy McVeigh.

See.......OBL and AZ were affiliated with an organization and were well known members.

McVeigh had a loose association with a militia group here in the US.

The Army dude was looking to affiliate (as per the CIA), but nobody would take him. He still didn't want to go to the ME (which is why he was trying to affiliate in the first place), so decided to go through with it anyway, hoping for a suicide by cop.

Yep. That's what I think it is.

I don't think it qualifies as a terrorist attack. If it does that means every soldier in uniform that has ever fought is a terrorist.

Curve,
LOL....riddle me this, riddle me that:
What's your MOS ?
Where'd you go to basic ?
OIF or OEF ? When ? Which time ?
Sigh.....
I didn't think so.
Given your post, I'm unconvinced you know the difference between an F-16 and a M-16; not necessarily a sin...
....until you try posing as someone who DOES know.

Code of silence ? Bwuuuhahahaha !! THAT is rich !

Let's get back to mutiny. Define it ? Which article in the UCMJ covers it ? Your "level of mutiny as we think of it in traditional terms " holds no sway here.

No - read again. His theory is that a dead muslim who was caught in the crossfire would be easier to blame than to encourage other soldiers who are on the verge of the same sort of mutiny. Remember, by all reports, Hasan had prepared for deployment just like any other soldier. Also remember that he was heavily involved in counseling soldiers - many whom were in counseling because they did not want to deploy. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he were present and caught in the crossfire.

Also, keep in mind that for the first several hours, every single news agency and law enforcement official was reporting that there were multiple shooters in at least two separate locations. it wasn't until they thought they had a dead muslim that the story was spun on the ground to be a lone Islamic shooter. And all of a sudden, we have a maniac whom the military has been keeping very close tabs on and who has been under surveillance for his supposed subversive activities.

The difficult part now is that the dead guy came back to life with a story to tell. It's no wonder that his lawyer won't let him talk to authorities.

The misinformation about how many shooters could easily have come from situational chaos. One guy firing to weapons at the same time could easily have created the noise effects suggesting more than one shooter. If his line of site on both weapons were not parallel that would easily have been perceived as two locations. Keep in mind this is a large building with cubicles and hundreds of Troops. That also indicates the unlikely notion this was a failed coordinated mutiny because I'm pretty sure if other troops were firing their weapons the bystanders would have noticed to the point of confirmation. Also keep in mind the cops who responded were not on the hunt for the shooter's location. This shows witnesses correctly directed a single area.

There is a possible contributing factor I've not seen mentioned. During his tenure at Walter R he counseled several soldiers who suffered the worst kind of wounds, and good portion were amputees. It may be possible he snapped by not being able to justify the wars while having first encounter experience with the survivors who lost limbs. Since he couldn't stop deployments he may have internally justified killing as many as possible to prevent them from losing limbs. He may have seen death as a better alternative to losing limbs and such.

Ame®icano;1700368 said:

Is that news?

News? Noooo...
What do you think?

This is the Digital Concern. How do we verify someone's website for authenticity? Audio or video tapes? Digital technology has far outreached contemporary civic duty success and it is in our complacency the unknown remains but only until the fallout arrives. We're supposed to be feerfill of the Isloboogedyam
because of a website? We're going to get laughed at like we laughed at the flat earth people.

I think they are laughing already.

How to verify? FOr us, civilians there is simple tool called Who Is. Government agencies can dig much deeper.

Curve,
LOL....riddle me this, riddle me that:
What's your MOS ?
Where'd you go to basic ?
OIF or OEF ? When ? Which time ?
Sigh.....
I didn't think so.
Given your post, I'm unconvinced you know the difference between an F-16 and a M-16; not necessarily a sin...
....until you try posing as someone who DOES know.

Code of silence ? Bwuuuhahahaha !! THAT is rich !

Let's get back to mutiny. Define it ? Which article in the UCMJ covers it ? Your "level of mutiny as we think of it in traditional terms " holds no sway here.

I didn't say "code" of silence but Culture of Silence. This is easily seen by how many Officers resigned when bush was in office and then immediately publicly criticized the Administration. They didn't do it until after they were out. Do you know the UCMJ calls for the prosecution of a soldier who openly derides superiors? Basically, you just accused me of lying about being a Combat Vet due to your ignorance.

I was a 67Y. Basic at Ft. Dix. AIT at Ft Eustis. First duty station was at Biggs Airfield. M-16? SPORTS. Do you know what that means? OIF or OEF? Neither...it was ODS and ODS. People like you take a very long time to get a whisper of humility. You're probably so self righteous that even if I showed up at your front door with my DD214 you'd accuse me of spiking your water to pull super jedi mind tricks. If you happen to have enough integrity to admit you fucked up with the false accusation don't bother apologizing. Just move on.

Forum List

Back